• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostVasces Diablo, on 12 July 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

C-bills can't pay electricity bills.

If I didn't have a mechbay for one of these sale mechs do you think I might take advantage of the sale and also buy a mechbay?

#22 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostMWHawke, on 12 July 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

LOL!!! They added Victors for MC PURCHASE first BEFORE the actual launch.. Gosh.. has the game gone down the drain this fast that they have to raise some promotion like this for people to BUY Mechs one week ahead of schedule so that they can milk the game for all it's worth??!?

This is regarded by the player base as a perfectly acceptable way to monetize the game, or were you wanting them all to just volunteer their time toward making MWO?

#23 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostKunae, on 12 July 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Where's the July Creative Director update?

View PostAndrew Cranston, on 12 July 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

Garth, please, any news on July CDU?

View PostUPnADAM, on 12 July 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

Weekend special July CDU for 2500mc.

HAHA! That last one was the best.

But seriously, you guys could at least post something like "Hey, we're busy, we see you asking for it and we haven't gotten around to it" rather than just ignore us all.

*shrugs*

#24 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostJess Hazen, on 12 July 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

If I didn't have a mechbay for one of these sale mechs do you think I might take advantage of the sale and also buy a mechbay?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice if there were Cbill sales, just don't expect them to happen. Also, there has been hints of mechs at cbill discounts as a result of CW, so that's where you will prob see it.

#25 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostVasces Diablo, on 12 July 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice if there were Cbill sales, just don't expect them to happen. Also, there has been hints of mechs at cbill discounts as a result of CW, so that's where you will prob see it.

I hope so.

Its a good model you know. World of tanks does it and Look at world of tanks. Reasonably priced pay currency garage slots go on half price sale once in a while. In game currency discounts on different tank types all of the time. I therefore feel like I'm not being completely ripped off and I spend thousands of hours playing their game and have over 100 tanks in my garage.

Edited by Jess Hazen, 12 July 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#26 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 12 July 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

HAHA! That last one was the best.

But seriously, you guys could at least post something like "Hey, we're busy, we see you asking for it and we haven't gotten around to it" rather than just ignore us all.

*shrugs*

I agree, don't get people used to something then stop without any word what so ever. Its like the blackout on the mech releases. Just a heads up or something telling us when to expect something.

Slightly less annoying, but still kind of annoying, is when they switch up the venue for said announcement so that we never know where to look for the update. Its hard to tell if we just don't have the July update, or if its on twitter, or NGNG podcast, or some other venue. I don't mind news in different places, but either have a central place things get re-posted, or at least keep like announcements the same.

#27 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Regarding cdu I hope they're trying to get as much content into each patch and I believe thats what you can expect because there really isn't much time left before launch.

#28 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostCathy, on 12 July 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Scooby Doo camo pattern perhaps ?

*Zoinks*!!

#29 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostBelorion, on 12 July 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

I agree, don't get people used to something then stop without any word what so ever. Its like the blackout on the mech releases. Just a heads up or something telling us when to expect something.

Slightly less annoying, but still kind of annoying, is when they switch up the venue for said announcement so that we never know where to look for the update. Its hard to tell if we just don't have the July update, or if its on twitter, or NGNG podcast, or some other venue. I don't mind news in different places, but either have a central place things get re-posted, or at least keep like announcements the same.

I didn't start playing till this past March because I was waiting on getting a new pc. When I got back on the forums I read all these post about how bad communication is between the community and the devs. I've given them the benefit of the doubt since then, but I'm starting to notice things like this or the fact that they've had the questions for ask the devs 42 for a week now and of which they state they are only answering five of the proposed fifteen questions and we haven't gotten anything back on it yet. Is it really hard to do a page write up or answer five questions. I just dont know what to think about it at this point. They said big things this month and yet nothing, I mean were almost half way through July. An yes I am a paying customer, maybe not a wale, but I put money in for MC/phoenix because I want to see this game succeed.

Edited by Hugh Fairgrove, 12 July 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#30 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

I don't get why you guys look forward to the CDU. It always seems to give already common information or talks about command chair posts that we've already read :/

#31 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

No CDU because (my guess) they are still arguing about something.

I just hope they beef up the AC2 and AC5 sound effects back to how they were the first day of the last patch. I dunno, make the ac2 sound like a Winchester Model 1866 and the AC5 the same but deeper and more resonant. The AC2 currently sounds like someone beating a toaster onto the curb.

#32 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

You heard it here first, July CDU out on the 16th!

B)

#33 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostHugh Fairgrove, on 12 July 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

I didn't start playing till this past March because I was waiting on getting a new pc. When I got back on the forums I read all these post about how bad communication is between the community and the devs. I've given them the benefit of the doubt since then, but I'm starting to notice things like this or the fact that they've had the questions for ask the devs 42 for a week now and of which they state they are only answering five of the proposed fifteen questions and we haven't gotten anything back on it yet. Is it really hard to do a page write up or answer five questions. I just dont know what to think about it at this point. They said big things this month and yet nothing, I mean were almost half way through July. An yes I am a paying customer, maybe not a wale, but I put money in for MC/phoenix because I want to see this game succeed.

The Ask the Devs questions should be answered sometime today, as scheduled.

#34 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostKunae, on 12 July 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Nope, It'll be some 20% off MC sale on hunchbacks, and 30% off certain shades of peach paint.

Hell, I love the sales on mech colors. I wish there was one this time B)

Unfortunately, it's only a sale on mechs I already have.

#35 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostBilbo, on 12 July 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

The Ask the Devs questions should be answered sometime today, as scheduled.

Thats cool, I didnt know it was scheduled for today.

#36 John Mechlane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you...in a locust

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

LOL!!! They added Victors for MC PURCHASE first BEFORE the actual launch.. Gosh.. has the game gone down the drain this fast that they have to raise some promotion like this for people to BUY Mechs one week ahead of schedule so that they can milk the game for all it's worth??!?

You do realize that the devs need the money to keep the game going, right? If everyone would think like you do, this game would have stopper existing a long time ago. And one week is nothing...nobody is forcing you to buy it, and the people who buy it don't have an unfair advantage.

Too bad we didn't get a CDU this month :D

#37 Vernon Jettlund

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Welcome to F2P, the name of the game is 'milk it for all its worth'. If they were real {Richard Cameron}, it would be MC only all the time, or maybe a month later instead of a week.

This is how their business model works. People like me pay them money to get things *now*, and people like you wait, because they don't want to drop the dough. Both are part of the healthy ecosystem - me for my purchases, and you for player volume.

#38 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostVasces Diablo, on 12 July 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Probably along something if you are a House member with high loyalty points you get a discount on eg for Liao, Ravens, Cataphracts etc.

#39 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 14 July 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Probably along something if you are a House member with high loyalty points you get a discount on eg for Liao, Ravens, Cataphracts etc.

Exaclty. Hopefully that and certain weapon types or (down the road) manufacturer's.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users