26 replies to this topic

#21 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

View PostTheSupergeek, on 12 July 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

MC prices for all mechs is too high. "Sale" prices are higher than everyday prices should be. If all mechs were ~$5, I'd probably own most of them instead of grinding for cbills.

#22 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostTheSupergeek, on 12 July 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

MC prices for all mechs is too high. "Sale" prices are higher than everyday prices should be. If all mechs were ~$5, I'd probably own most of them instead of grinding for cbills.

It's too late now though. They won't change anything, I wish they had brought them down more before settling on their current system. Oh well. I will never buy a regular mech with MC because of the prices, and I'm sure the vast majority won't.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostMorang, on 12 July 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

Why mention "96 tons" when there is no 95 tons mech on sale? ^_^

Math... something PGI is not always good with.

#24 tredmeister

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 112 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

Interesting that they chose the AWS-8R for this sale, since all the other AWS variants with be even further nurfed with the upcoming patch... :)

#25 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

View Posttredmeister, on 13 July 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Interesting that they chose the AWS-8R for this sale, since all the other AWS variants with be even further nurfed with the upcoming patch... :)

That's because the 8R exemplifies the current LRM meta alongside the PPC meta. 4 ALRM15's with tag and bam nothing to stop you but your own ego! Every mech they choose is either the better stock variant of the pick, and also are the main battlemechs used to stroke the current meta from the 3PPC+Guass Highlander, to the 4PPC boats of the Stalkers, all the way down to the LRM horde shooting Awesome.

Think their trying to say something about their current state of the game being good... and encouraging the broken metaplay.

#26 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostNARCoMAN, on 12 July 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

XL engine Hunchback 4G is a better target.

Actually while it can be, if you allocate the armor to be 46 RFT and 2 RRT, I've yet to lose my hunch on my new Hunchback 4G (got a founder's, but wanted to paint the mech so I got a regular one too recently). Apparently the entire hunch from all sides, as well as much of the right torso, counts as front torso, so I reallocated it accordingly. Haven't lost it in the 9 times I sent the poor fresh Hunchback out.

...Btw, I threw in an XL 255 engine because I'm using 3 AC/2s and a macro to have a nice, smooth constant rate of fire for fun and 3 small lasers. Every death has been CT so far.

------------

Oh, since this sale ends on the second tuesday of the month... Does this mean we get the mid-month patch Tuesday?

Edited by Koniving, 14 July 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#27 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

I just noticed this was posted by the InnerSphereNews. It must be a slow day if this is exciting!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users