Gaming Pc Help

10 replies to this topic

#1 nostra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Okay so, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth completely, here's the deal:

So...Initially i was running this game through my boot camped/ dual-booted Macbook Air. I love this game, I want to keep playing it, but even through that my computer can't handle the game's requirements anymore, even on minimum settings.

I don't know much about computers, and can't afford just a MASSIVELY expensive one. But can anybody help me figure out a gaming desktop or laptop to buy that can run this game smoothly (and with little difficulty?). I'd say in the $300-$500 range if that's possible.

Eagerly hoping for advice.

#2 Marric

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWest Coast

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Nostra, find a case you can get for cheap. Then you should be able to upgrade all of the internals for about 400 dollars. If you need help building it see if anyone you know is handy with computers. I completely replaced the guts of my computer for around that cost only 2-3 months ago. It runs the game just fine. I have leftover parts from my rebuild (I found out I did not need to replace everything after the fact). So I would be willing to sell you anything that is still good (I figure that is everything but the video card at this point). The old computer ran the game fine also. I realized at the end that the video card was the thing glitching up the system. Also, the chip I was running was not the fastest I could run on the Motherboard.

#3 Phoenix410

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Are you looking for prebuilt or DIY (do it yourself)?

#4 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

try ibuypower.com or newegg.com to find some reasonably priced PCs.

I'd recommend you do a tower. They are just better overall for gaming like a fiend.

#5 nostra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

Preferably pre-built, I have no technical skill whatsoever, and I just moved to a new place, so I don't have any tech-savvy friends down here yet. I'll try those two sites for shopping for a new comp though, thanks.

#6 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

View Postnostra, on 12 July 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Preferably pre-built, I have no technical skill whatsoever, and I just moved to a new place, so I don't have any tech-savvy friends down here yet. I'll try those two sites for shopping for a new comp though, thanks.

Dell is actually a decent company with good warranties, if you are not looking for a high-end machine and don't want to build your own. Otherwise, find a techie friend who could build you a respectable gaming machine with about $600 worth of parts.

#7 Qrbaza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

prebuit sucks so better do it yourself. Go to store and pick components you like than ask the storekeeper to assemble it. If he refuses go to diferent store and ask again. I dont know where you live but over here where i live they must assemble it for free of they dont earn money. B) Anyways i do it myself but just saying...

#8 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

Here is a decent guide: http://www.maximumpc...ted_howto_guide

#9 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

If you wanna stay with Apple OS, make a hackentosh for about $1300 and bootcamp it.

View PostQrbaza, on 12 July 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

prebuit sucks so better do it yourself. Go to store and pick components you like than ask the storekeeper to assemble it. If he refuses go to diferent store and ask again. I dont know where you live but over here where i live they must assemble it for free of they dont earn money. :D Anyways i do it myself but just saying...

or find a frined that likes building computers

#10 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

For a $300-$500 prebuilt system you're realistically looking at an APU. More specifically you want a refurbished PC with an A10 5700 or 5800k. I'd contact the manufacturer before purchasing to see what the maximum supported RAM speed is and pick the system that supports the fastest speed and then buy RAM at that speed.

Now if you're willing to DIY, you should buy used components and built a ghetto looking gaming monstrosity (relatively speaking).

#11 v4skunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

View Postnostra, on 12 July 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

It only takes a hour to learn how to build a PC if you can read. If you played Legos as a kid you will have no problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users