• The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostCybermech, on 12 July 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

wow sean, its nice to see you but now I know her name.
baby I'm coming to you..................... ;)

If you listen to any of the Podcasts she says her name, or the cast calls each other by their first name! We call her guasskitty'bait!

#42 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm sorry it looks like I may or may not listen to the podcasts.
I can however tell you that I play this game and try and shoot stuff.

#43 Riogar Daylighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 328 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick Canada

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

As far as I can see this post was created to throw mud on a podcast which in my opinion from listening and watching it is filled with nothing but honorable and honest people.

For me personally I'm offended that this thread exists in a public forum. You should have brought this up in private but instead call someone out, they correct you, then you ignore what they said and continue with your rant which has no truth in it whatsoever. NGNG crew do a lot for this community. You however just post here and cause a little trouble.

Ps: Cattra is second edition Mechwarrior better then the newest one?

#44 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostCybermech, on 12 July 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

I'm sorry it looks like I may or may not listen to the podcasts.
I can however tell you that I play this game and try and shoot stuff.

I like shooting.. or trying to shoot stuff too!

#45 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostRiogar Daylighter, on 12 July 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

As far as I can see this post was created to throw mud on a podcast which in my opinion from listening and watching it is filled with nothing but honorable and honest people.

For me personally I'm offended that this thread exists in a public forum. You should have brought this up in private but instead call someone out, they correct you, then you ignore what they said and continue with your rant which has no truth in it whatsoever. NGNG crew do a lot for this community. You however just post here and cause a little trouble.

IMO the 2nd doesn't have that many mechanics as the new one - but I like the character creation a LOT more and the accessibility to new players is a lot better.

#46 Riogar Daylighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 328 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick Canada

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostCattra Kell, on 12 July 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

IMO the 2nd doesn't have that many mechanics as the new one - but I like the character creation a LOT more and the accessibility to new players is a lot better.

I was thinking on running a MW campaign so I'll stick with the 2nd edition thnx for your opinion ;)

#47 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Oh God, my total appoligies BB Wolfe if your the one who made the statment. I never intended to be a personal attack on you or your understanding of the game.

My post was because I had thought someone affiliated with PGI had commented that JJs were never suppose to have had forward thrust and that just frustrated me because it was wrong and would have indicated PGI would never even admit that JJs were kinda of broken right now. I may have even taken it a bit out of context so sorry I opened that can of worms with this post.

Guys....This thread is about the Broken JJs. Why don't we go back to discussing that?

#48 B B Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 746 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 12 July 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Oh God, my total appoligies BB Wolfe if your the one who made the statment. I never intended to be a personal attack on you or your understanding of the game.

My post was because I had thought someone affiliated with PGI had commented that JJs were never suppose to have had forward thrust and that just frustrated me because it was wrong and would have indicated PGI would never even admit that JJs were kinda of broken right now. I may have even taken it a bit out of context so sorry I opened that can of worms with this post.

Guys....This thread is about the Broken JJs. Why don't we go back to discussing that?

It's all good. PGI has stated today in their Q&A that they intend to give the JJs forward thrust eventually. ;)

I was just saying that they only give vertical lift right now, so that if you jump onto a hill you can't climb and suddenly find yourself unable to walk up it, it shouldn't be all that surprising, seeing as you have at this point no forward momentum.

#49 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostB B Wolfe, on 12 July 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

It's all good. PGI has stated today in their Q&A that they intend to give the JJs forward thrust eventually. :D

I was just saying that they only give vertical lift right now, so that if you jump onto a hill you can't climb and suddenly find yourself unable to walk up it, it shouldn't be all that surprising, seeing as you have at this point no forward momentum.

Do you have a source for this? I was unaware of any Q/A today.

#50 B B Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostKaelus, on 12 July 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Do you have a source for this? I was unaware of any Q/A today.

http://mwomercs.com/...vs-42-answered/

#51 Khavi Vetali

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Here's the specific quote. It's in the section concerning the new movement mechanics.

We do intend to give jump jets the ability to thrust forward, and we would like to get it in soon, but there is no current ETA.

Edited by Khavi Vetali, 12 July 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#52 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

Nothing quite as fun as getting stuck between a building and wall on River City because you cannot build up any forward momentum.. because, of course, JJ's only make verticle thrust and not forward or side thrust like they are supposed to on a spider.

#53 Skyfaller

• 1,332 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 12 July 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

And who's to say that within the thirty meter distance that the hex represents, you aren't also taking a running start? Remember, as a TT game, anything that occurs within that hex is basically fudged in as part of the movement round. Further, you can turn in mid air with JJs currently. We have also apparently forgotten the ridiculousness of MW3's JJs where you could effectively skate. (Granted, this was due to a bug, buuuuuut...)

You do not turn in mid-air. You can rotate your legs which is very different from vector thrust.

The sad thing is.. we USED to be able to vector thrust in this game. The old JJ's were great. The only thing that was out of whack was that 1 jet = 12 jets in performance. With the current system they should just re-introduce vector thrust and double the JJet 'fuel' but at the same time lower the thrust of the jets in mid-air (and double the initial thrust on take-off)..that way you CAN burn 'fuel' thrusting or vector thrusting and still achieve about the same jump performance we have now. Just a tad more air time is all.

#54 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

On one hand, yes they did tie themselves to TT rules,

While on the other its obvious that certain liberties should be allowed otherwise we'll just end up with gauss rifle Mlas the game.

I think JJ's should be slightly modified due in part by the sheer momentum of a mech, then again the movement nerf they released was a poor decision period.

#55 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostRansack, on 12 July 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Yeah, and hitting someone with them under 90 meters can actually hurt them. There are a lot of examples of the liberties taken. Perhaps one day they will read the books and make adjustments (Yeah right).

IIRC you had to set them to do so in the TT game, and on that setting they made the launchers volatile when hit.

#56 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostSean Lang, on 12 July 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

@James... so you took Luara's opinion and made it the stance of NGNG? IRconfused...

I want forward momentum, vector ability. And yes I've played more TT than most, but I've always played allot of Mechwarrior.

That being said, methinks JJ's will probably be tweaked a bit in the future.

ATD42

Jump jet movement control – This is something we flagged internally when first implementing the movement slowdown. We do intend to give jump jets the ability to thrust forward, and we would like to get it in soon, but there is no current ETA.

#57 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostB B Wolfe, on 12 July 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Thank you kindly, confused me because Miss posted it and not Bryan.

#58 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

As stated in the latest ATD (finally) JJ improvement is something they intend to do gradually as predicted.

In the mean-time, we might be able to guess where they are going to draw programming idea's from:

The MW:LL devs also introduced JJ's straight out of Battle Tech into real-time, almost verbatim with vector thrusts, heat generation, and gyro stabilization on landings, etc.

Edited by General Taskeen, 13 July 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#59 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostKhanHeir, on 12 July 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

On one hand, yes they did tie themselves to TT rules,

No they did not for quite obvious reasons to anyone who's ever looked at it's rules for JJs.

The standard Spider, for instance, has a JJ movement of 8, which translates to the 86.4kp/h for the flight speed.
Go figure. ^_^

Edited by Adridos, 13 July 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#60 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostRiogar Daylighter, on 12 July 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

As far as you can tell, YOUR WRONG!!

My post was to bring up the fact that it appeared PGI had zero clue about how JJs were suppose to work and it kind of irked me that if they felt that way, it would never be fixed. I don't normally listen to podcasts so I made the wrong assumption that the person making the comment was affilliated with PGIs development team.

At some point someone made a comment that the podcast people should understand the Table Top and Lore behind Battletech prior to commenting. I agreed, again still under the assumption that the podcast crew was affiliated with PGI's development team but then immediately went back to discussing the problem...BROKEN JJs.

People however persisted in slamming the podcast person at which point she came on to defend herself and I only then found out she wasn't affiliated with PGI's development team and that I had quite possibily taken her comment out of context because of that fact.

I then appoligied both on this thread and personally to that person via message and as part of my appology ASKED that everyone quit critizing her and focus instead on the topic -BROKEN JJs. However it looks like people don't read or listen.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users