Could Pgi Take A Look At This Form Of Customer Respond?

Suggestion

1 reply to this topic

#1 Tsume Eiranis

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

Got myself a new game and not even 2 days within release, saw this as a big announcement, not even hidden in the depths of the forums or wherever:

#######################################################################

A message regarding community behaviour
Hello everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to show you a good example on how we at OVERKILL interact with the community.

Our ambition is always to meet you with respect. Me, together with the crew, work very hard to be consistent and give everyone a chance to speak as long as they use common sense and a civilized manner.

With the release of PAYDAY 2, a lot of new players have joined our community and a lot of discussions have come up. Sadly, some of the discussions made are very toxic and the arguments are cynical, on the verge to the extreme.

Originally posted by xyzevan:
i was promised safehouse customization?
splinter cell lookin mofos?
a ton more heists? (half the heists are the same thing just you burn the money insted of take it IE firehouse or w.e its called)

i feel almost cheated, its a good game but it feels rushed and the heists all feel alike.[/indent]
Hey xyzevan!

Thanks for the question.

First of all, I changed the subject of the thread to something more fitting than "So overkill lies?". Questioning our honesty is something I feel is too dramatic and doesn't add value to the discussion. It can also be perceived as hurtful - myself and the crew do our best to be as straight with you as possible. To get to work and have this on the front page isn't exactly the best way to start the day.

Secondly - what's going on in this thread? I am seeing PAYDAY veterans who've been with us from the start act like we've cheated them over?

How many times do I need to tell you that we are doing our best to provide you the best content we can? If you think something is missing, how many times have I kindly requested a civilized manner in the discussions?

If I go to the forums to interact with you and tell you information, bring you free content or what have you - and I'm met with this cynical type of arguments and second guessing of our intentions - how do you think I feel about coming here the next day?

And the veterans most of all - all the new members in this forum look to you on how to discuss about possible features and new content. How are they to behave if you act in such a way as you are doing?

You need to seriously reconsider the way you behave in our forums.

Now, to your questions.

- We will add safehouse customization. There are many things we would love to add, but we haven't had time yet. I'm sorry if you expected a ton of customization at release.

- The Cloakers or "splinter cell looking mofos" have been made. We made the difficult decision of cutting them for release because they simply weren't performing their duty as a baton weilding menace. Does this mean we will sell them later as a 10$ DLC? No, it of course does not. We will add them as soon as we are comfortable with the quality, as we have with anything we've made. I hope that this time, you trust us to deliver, as we have many times before.

- Half the heists are not the same, that is an extreme exaggeration.

I'm sorry to hear that you "almost" feel cheated. We try to make the best game we can. We look forward to continue interacting with the community going forward, making sure we make content that you and we want to see in the game.

The philosopher Kant said something I think is pretty cool regarding the Categorical imperative.

He said: "Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law."

For me this means that, if you want there to be a great community atmosphere, it has to start with you.

Thanks for the questions and for the shocking wake-up call. If I don't continue with a rapid response in case anyone wishes to comment my post, this is not because I'm trying to be rude. I'm simply very busy right now as there are still many people that are unable to play the game, and that has to be a priority.

Almir
OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.

Original thread: http://forums.steamp...=3168851&page=3

#######################################################################

Would it be too much to ask PGI to adress at least 10% of the threads and complaints in this manner? Your communication skills with the community are sadly lackluster and this is beta, were a steady, permanent information flow is more important than ever. I think a lot of the big, massive rants would be reduced this way.

And if you want to say the "Ask the Devs" fulfill this... then I have to say, that it is biased and some topics ignored/not adressed or given wishy-washy answers. Instead of given a guesstimate or vague reply, be honest, frank and straight forward.

What about the second Light release being skipped?
What about the big complaints about capping time?
What about C-Bills?

Speak to us PGI, directly, not via proxy or through the vines. And make such obvious, big, important posts visible, via Newsletter and front page announcements.

#2 UntamedZer0

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

Sadly PGI does have horrible community relations. For all the money this game has pulled in it is really surprising to see very little work being done on it. Bugs from last year still exist, game is still horribly off balance and every step they try to take forward results in a few back. This previous patch was a serious let down and major wake up call on where I should be spending my money.

Then you look at the forums and the ask the devs and they don't really address any of the serious questions. The best part of the ATD is the community which PGI obviously isn't listening to,. There are many functional solutions to major game balance issues that just get ignored.

My question is who is in charge of community relations and why do they still have their job? To be an on-line game MWO has one of the worst relationships with their community than any game I have ever played.

Edit: Why can't PGI do things such as this?

http://forum.kerbals...1981#post591981

This is a great way to communicate and keep the community included and up to date. I am sure this isn't something long or difficult to produce. It would do wonders for your community relations. Every developer ives a one sentence explanation of what they have been working on. Community mods are highlighted (which we will never have as PGI has been very vocal about no mods and very active in shutting down superior Mechwarrior attempts, you will be remembered LL).

Now you have #saveMWO gaining support. At what point does the community backlash get so large it is actually listened to? We will surely see soon.

Edited by UntamedZer0, 14 August 2013 - 06:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users