So, How Do Armor Values Work?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Randomfist

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

What I mean is that many places on my mech indicate an armor value I can't get to. For example, I have a mech that is currently at 35/55 on it's right torso. I can bump it up to maybe 40/55 but no further although I still have tonnage to spare. How does this work?

#2 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

You not confusing the fact that centre, left & right torsos have a total amount of armour that is then alloted to (divided between) the front and rear sections?

#3 Hebdomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 155 posts
  • Locationoutside Seattle, WA

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostRandomfist, on 12 July 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

What I mean is that many places on my mech indicate an armor value I can't get to. For example, I have a mech that is currently at 35/55 on it's right torso. I can bump it up to maybe 40/55 but no further although I still have tonnage to spare. How does this work?

The first number is your current armor amount, the second number for the side torsos and center torso is your max armor amount, however your rear armor also counts against this amount. So in your example you had 40 frontal armor plus 15 rear armor for a total of 55. If you wanted more frontal armor at this point you'd have to decrease rear armor.

#4 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Every location on your mech has a maximum armor value that it can have. As you decrease armor in one spot your overall weight will go down as well, because armor has weight. In this way it is possible to reduce armor in some areas on your mech so that you can fit in that extra weapon or ton of ammo, or, if your mech can take a lot more armor, then you may want to reduce weight in another area to be able to increase the amount of armor and therefore survive the firefight a bit longer. This is all part of what makes this such a dynamic game, and how some mechs can fit absolutely ridiculous weapons in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users