#21 Aidyan Pryde

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

I am based in Hong Kong. So wouldn't mind joining. I am hoping there is not server by region zoning as i wouldnt mind a few friends joining in if i can persuade them from the path of Fed Suns

#22 OMGRemy80

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

I guess you can count me in Benee :P I'm not looking for a leadership roll, just want to have a team that will work together :rolleyes:

#23 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostOtonashi Saya, on 21 June 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Do you currently have a TeamSpeak server? as I currently Host a 25 Slot server that is used for other games as well but never filled up that I am happy to Offer.

Hmm, no I currently don't have a team speak server. Having one handy when the game launches would be great though.

View PostVach, on 21 June 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

I ran my SWTOR guild site (forums) on my home server with mumble voice comms since my ISP doesn't block port 80, ftw.

Hmm, which ISP are you using? StarHub or Singtel... doesn't matter though because I don't have a home server lol.

View PostAidyan Pryde, on 21 June 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

I am based in Hong Kong. So wouldn't mind joining. I am hoping there is not server by region zoning as i wouldnt mind a few friends joining in if i can persuade them from the path of Fed Suns

Alright cool, hopefully we'll be in the same region. I've never played on HK servers before so I don't know the latency difference but we're in the same time-zone making it easier to co-ordinate. Welcome aboard!

View PostOMGRemy80, on 22 June 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

I guess you can count me in Benee :) I'm not looking for a leadership roll, just want to have a team that will work together :blink:

Excellent! Glad to have you with us :wacko:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Ok, now onto the name of the group, I was thinking of forming up as a Ryuken unit. They were trained by the Wolf Dragoons and were so successful that their initial regiment was split up into smaller companies to grow into new regiments. Their situation is kind of like ours.

Here's the link on Sarna: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Ryuken

Units in the Ryuken we can embody are Ryuken-ni or Ryuken-roku.

#24 OMGRemy80

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostBenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, on 22 June 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Units in the Ryuken we can embody are Ryuken-ni or Ryuken-roku.

I like the rundown for Ryuken Ni Posted Image, though either could be good :)

#25 Otonashi Saya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationAdelaide Australia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

Ryuken Ni - Nickname Dutiful Sons....This has My Vote \ :) /

#26 Vach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostBenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, on 22 June 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Hmm, which ISP are you using? StarHub or Singtel... doesn't matter though because I don't have a home server lol.

I am on fiber with superinternet. Google it. :blink:
100MB down / 50 MB up for $50. No frills. No port blocks (cept for port 25)

#27 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Ok, we'll go for Ryuken Ni then?

Paladin Brewer says he's making changes to the HouseKurita website so that may take a while before it's done. I can set up a temp forum in the mean time if it's need, the hassle is the need to set up multiple accounts all over the place.

Additionally, while we're waiting for the release of MW:O would you guys like to play some games together?

I have DOTA 2 (I'm very new and bad at it), StarCraft 2, Team Fortress 2, CS:GO, and can download Mech4 or MWLL.

#28 Pinkydinky

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Ryuken-Ni it is then!

#29 OMGRemy80

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'm currently Playing WoT, dont get into much else atm, I like the strategy of it, and the way you have to play your tanks differently in different roles. Thats why I'm looking forward to getting into this, been waiting for a decent Mech game since Mechwarrior 3. :)

#30 Otonashi Saya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hey Guys Could make a Steam Group or something along those lines that way we can keep up to date. As I said I am happy to get a TeamSpeak Server up that will be Free to use if you do so wish. As August is not to far away now \ (^__^) / and might be good to start to get some ideas down on how we are going to run this show. :)

#31 william kane

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

Happy with Ryuken-Ni!

#32 Nightmurk

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hi I am from Singapore, keen to join up a Merc unit

Edited by Nightmurk, 25 June 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#33 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostOMGRemy80, on 24 June 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

I'm currently Playing WoT, dont get into much else atm, I like the strategy of it, and the way you have to play your tanks differently in different roles. Thats why I'm looking forward to getting into this, been waiting for a decent Mech game since Mechwarrior 3. -_-

Ahhh, I think I've a WOT account but played less than 10 minutes of it and have only 1 crappy tank.

View PostOtonashi Saya, on 24 June 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Hey Guys Could make a Steam Group or something along those lines that way we can keep up to date. As I said I am happy to get a TeamSpeak Server up that will be Free to use if you do so wish. As August is not to far away now \ (^__^) / and might be good to start to get some ideas down on how we are going to run this show. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that sounds way better than trying to start up a new forum! Ok, I'll get it done, I hope everyone has a Steam account here.

View PostNightmurk, on 25 June 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

Hi I am from Singapore, keen to join up a Merc unit

Alright! Nice to have you on.

#34 Nightmurk

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

That's sweet I have a Steam account. No problems here.

#35 Otonashi Saya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Same here :) once group is up let us know so that we can Join ;) I will start setting up the Team Speak as well.

#36 Fizban

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Count Fizban in. I am an Aussie and it is great to see people who are into the mechwarrior universe within the same country! Most people these days that I see are either COD fans, Halo fans or some other shittty game Fans (besides the three original Elder Scrolls). I am available at the moment as both just a member and platoon leader.

Edited by Fizban, 25 June 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#37 Otonashi Saya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hi Fizban :) and Welcome...Its good to see such an active Potential player base in my Time zone...and the game is still in Closed Beta lol.

#38 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

I am from Malaysia, will drop in from time to time.
Still considering should I start playing PSO2 now, while waiting for MWO and Valkyria Chronicles DUEL.

#39 OMGRemy80

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostBenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, on 25 June 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

Ahhh, I think I've a WOT account but played less than 10 minutes of it and have only 1 crappy tank.

It's a very hard game to get into, I played for about 45 mins before I even got a kill, but it's not about kills but damage rather more, an once you play as a team it's good :)

And yes I have spent money on WoT :blink:

Edited by OMGRemy80, 25 June 2012 - 10:12 PM.

#40 william kane

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostOMGRemy80, on 25 June 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

It's a very hard game to get into, I played for about 45 mins before I even got a kill, but it's not about kills but damage rather more, an once you play as a team it's good :(

And yes I have spent money on WoT B)

I've got 5000 odd games under my belt, mostly in American and French tanks(like mediums best) so i'm pretty familiar with(and fond of) maneuver, flanking and exploiting tactics. I'm used to driving tanks with little to no effective armor :D.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users