What Are Your Most Memorable Game Moment(S) Of All Times?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

Goodevening lads, fellow pilots, fellow worhty members of the Mechwarrior community ;) ,

I have come up with a nice idea and this is what the thread is about.
I would like you to post your most memorable game moment of all times.

This could be a good scene, a moment or something that you were impressed by. Anything is good.

Like tradtional; i will start.

My most memorable game moment of all times was from the Game Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - D-Day landing.

In that the time the graphics were amazing, the sounds etc. The whole atmosphere. The guy puking next to you of fear. The whole picture seemed to be good.
Posted Image

Video:

It really impressed me, and it still does.

What are your most memorable game moment(s) of all times? ;)

Thanks!

Edited by Sarlic, 09 November 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#2 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

What? Not a single guy with a memorable moment? :P

Edited by Sarlic, 08 November 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#3 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

I'm pretty young (18), so I was only around 6-7 when I saw this playing Metroid: Fusion.
Posted Image
It took me a while to man up.
The music is also terrifying.

#4 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

The problem is with "the SINGLE most memorable moment of all times". You can't force me to choose Deus Ex: Human Revolution over CoD4's 1st-person soon-to-be-dead president scene because while the whole game of DE: HR is growing on me, that intro of CoD4 is hell of a scene.

Also To The Moon made me cry like a little girl. Spec Ops: The Line made me disgust games like CoD campaign. The Witcher made me wanna become a witcher. You can't force me to choose.

#5 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

Homeworld has many memorable missions and scenes. Some of the most memorable.

The Opening.

The Garden of Kadesh

#6 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:00 PM

Armored Core For Answer. You can't go more bad ass than this. This is one of those missions where the mission intro, the opening cinematic, and the music just falls together perfectly.

#7 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

Well if you have more moments! Fire away. Editted OP.

View PostHelmstif, on 08 November 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

The problem is with "the SINGLE most memorable moment of all times". You can't force me to choose Deus Ex: Human Revolution over CoD4's 1st-person soon-to-be-dead president scene because while the whole game of DE: HR is growing on me, that intro of CoD4 is hell of a scene.

Also To The Moon made me cry like a little girl. Spec Ops: The Line made me disgust games like CoD campaign. The Witcher made me wanna become a witcher. You can't force me to choose.

Witcher was certainly good. The Witcher 2 was...just insanely perfect (apart from the 'fixed paths'.) But Witcher 3 is going to change that as far i understood. But the story lines were amazing.

Edited by Sarlic, 09 November 2014 - 01:17 AM.

#8 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:49 AM

The opening scene from Armored Core 3 blew my 12 year old mind. I'll never forget it. Easily one of the best PS2 games ever, in every aspect.

#9 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:15 AM

Among many, many others...

Positive ones:
- Reaching the maximum highscore of 999.999 in Chopper Command and Pac-Man on my first Atari console.
- Destroying my first Star Destroyer in X-Wing
- Actually winning the Kurosawa 2 Mission in the first Wing Commander
- Attempting to reach the "good" end in Metro 2033 as well as Metro Last Light and still failing

Negative ones:
- The ending of Mass Effect 3
Probably many more, but I tend to forget such things easily.

The most frustrating one:
- The Hollywood race in Crimson Skies (damn you, Tower Bridge replica)

#10 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:52 AM

I cried uncontrollably during the ending of The Walking Dead, so there's that. Other games have gotten me to cry (Spec Ops The Line, Thomas Was Alone, Mass Effect 3 to name a few), but that takes the cake easily.

In Spec Ops: The Line, the scene where:

Spoiler

I remember the time I basically single-handedly won the game in Star Wars Battlefront 2. Down 1 tickets to 40-something, I pulled out the win. Another time in Battlefront 2 I got something like eighty kills in a single-life.

I remember every Shiny Pokemon encounter I've had. Got a shiny Mareep from an egg in Crystal, a shiny Paras in Silver, A shiny Spearow in LeafGreen, shiny Lotad in Sapphire, and a shiny Ponyta in Platinum. Still trying to hatch a shiny Vulpix for my girlfriend, then probably will move onto a shiny Ralts for myself (my favourite Pokemon).

Edited by MarsAtlas, 09 November 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#11 Sizzles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

I'm stuck between two.

Either playing Doom for the first time as a child and being scared of anything that made weird sounds in the dark. (The original Doom, not Doom 3.)

Or playing BF-1942 with the Forgotten Hope mod, and using a Tiger II with a pair of engineers riding on the engine deck. I think we killed something like 60 (yes, Sixty) US tanks, M4 Shermans, M36 Jacksons, and other silly things that thought they were tanks, while holding some hilltop. (The FH mod added armor values and other fun things to the game that made it a pseudo simulator.) We only died when somebody took a B24 Mitchell and dive-bombed us straight into the stone age.

#12 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:53 AM

All your feelings are leading up to this point... for the final battle. The music, the mood, all the heroes coming together against the heart of the Praetorium.

#13 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:10 AM

The Domination matches in this game are just crazy.

Japan strikes!

#14 Choppah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationIn transit, ETA unknown.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

The airboat levels in Half-Life 2, I could play 20+ hours of airboat missions if Valve would DLC it.

My first playthrough in Skyrim I built a set of armor with defense so high it went over the cap (500 IIRC).

I bought the original Doom collection on a Steam sale to specifically play the mod Brutal Doom, the first time I picked up the revamped chaingun... so... much... win.

Throwing knives only in Goldeneye, or for super lulz, prox mines.

That moment in Batman: Arkham Asylum when I finally figured out the combo system for ground fighting (hint: never stop).

Swingset glitch in GTA4. I spent so many hours messing with this glitch... way too many.

This 1 round in Day of Defeat where I killed like 30 enemies in 1 life with the BAR. It was just one of those rounds where I was in the zone and the enemy was trying everything to dislodge me, to no avail. I only died when I had almost zero ammo, which is extremely uncommon. This is the only time in the entire history of playing that game since beta 1.0 where I single handedly won a round for my team in a 16vs16 game.

More to come.

#15 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

Negative ones:

Sorry if I quoted wrong, I'm new to this. But, back on topic, Mass Effect 3 ending wasn't that bad. Sure, if you chose the destroy(red) billions die in a horrible explosion(I think it's an explosion, not quite sure), but there were other options. But there is also the fact that you kind of die...

#16 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

I couldn't quite figure out what part of Majora's Mask I wanted to mention, because the whole game is phenomenal, so I'll just plug the entirety of Majora's Mask - which, I should mention, is going to be released on the 3DS :D

View Posttiyos1017, on 10 November 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

Negative ones:

Sorry if I quoted wrong, I'm new to this. But, back on topic, Mass Effect 3 ending wasn't that bad. Sure, if you chose the destroy(red) billions die in a horrible explosion(I think it's an explosion, not quite sure), but there were other options. But there is also the fact that you kind of die...

I'm one of those people who think that the Extended Cut is still awful, but at least in the Extended Cut they didn't accidentally forget that they destroyed the entire universe.

Let me explain. Mass Effect 3, you begin the game under house arrest for doing what exactly? Blowing up a mass relay and destroying a rather large segment of space, and leaving any potential survivors forever cut off from the rest of the galaxy. In the original ending, no matter the ending, all the mass relays exploded, so in the original ending to Mass Effect 3, Bioware blew up the entire charted universe - by accident. Really.

#17 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

Cool. Thanks.

#18 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

Final scene in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Uber Jedi that I am and all, what else could there be?

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 14 November 2014 - 10:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users