#21 Grindgear

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 21 July 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

your build is hot and slow. try this. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...664d6e1c5e80a33

i think my build may have been suggested before. it runs much faster, turns faster and has better range. these few things alone should help you alot in term of being more survivable and dealing damage.

if you haven't figured out by now, this is a team base game and focus fire is very important and not running out alone is important. if you are looking for real time help join a team speak server. there are alot of random people playing randome games together and there is no need to sign up with any groups to play together. channels like ngng, comstar have loads of people willing to help you out.

I can try that, but I need to scrape together the C-Bills to buy a new Hunchie SP. Where do I find the address to join these channels so I can play with them?

#22 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Postr41nb0w d45h, on 21 July 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

I can try that, but I need to scrape together the C-Bills to buy a new Hunchie SP. Where do I find the address to join these channels so I can play with them?

both these channels have people around the clock. join a random game and let people know your new. in comstar, look up some folks under (CI) comstar irregulars, they are great people.
comstar: na1.mech-connect.net
ngng: voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992

this is my merc corps channel. we are +10 gmt. (australian time) people will be on in about 4 hours from now. loads of people will help you out.
ts.armd.net.au:9876

#23 The Duke of Dirty

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Try changing the way you think about the game.

*IMAGINE YOU DIE IN 1 HIT, SO NEVER WANT TO BE HIT. IF SOMEONE IS SHOOTING YOU RUN*

Its not the optimal way to play the game, but by playing this little game you will learn some interesting tactics!

Oh, also most of your guns are on your right shoulder. so you want to fire around the right side of objects/other mechs.

#24 Typatty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

My best suggestion for survival, especially as a Hunchback SP is to stick with your heavier teammates, stay behind them and then start flanking from the side when they engage something heavy and slow. If the enemy focuses on you, get into cover and re-engage when your teammate gets their attention. You will survive longer and do more damage (especially if you manage to get behind an enemy assault while your teammate has their attention, you can core them out from the back quickly if you alpha into the back of the CT).

#25 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 20 July 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

You're dying because you're named after a blue rainbow pony.

Name yourself "Dethlord Kell Kerensky Masakari Lord" like half of the forums and watch the kills roll in

This was LOL for me. I might even go make a new account just to see if that name is taken.

#26 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Oh, to OP.

I put 2 SRM6 on and whatever ML i could fit, and then the biggest standard engine it can take(i think a 260). Endo steel, double heat sinks.

yes it cost a lot. but it is pretty good.

BUT, only good if you are careful. like a lot of other have said, the hunchie makes you feel comfortable, because it drives like it should be able to take a good amount of dmg. But it is just a 50 ton mech. So it really cant.

Here is a protip: find like, an Atlas. or a highlander, or even a victor now. Atlas is best. Follow him. Not like on his heels, but within 100M or 150M, so he knows you are with him, and if he has ECM and that you can stay in cover with him.

Then, dont start the fight. if you want to try to rank up dmg, you need to survive. So, let the Atlas pick the fight, or if the Atlas is smart, he will let the enemy start the fight with either himself or even you. but dont worry, if the Atlas is waiting, and using you for bait, he will step in and FACEWRECKZ whoever is blasting you. If the atlas takes the hits, find out what he is shooting, and go help him. Dont run right up and facehug the enemy, move around and get behind and to the side of the Atlas and blast away then. Try to keep some motion going, dont be a sitting duck.

In short, Atlas loves a wingman. A wingman for support fire, a wingman to be bait, a wingman to be a distraction and divide enemy fire so he can wreck it longer. You are a medium, so you are a really good wingman.

#27 Grindgear

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 21 July 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

both these channels have people around the clock. join a random game and let people know your new. in comstar, look up some folks under (CI) comstar irregulars, they are great people.
comstar: na1.mech-connect.net
ngng: voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992

this is my merc corps channel. we are +10 gmt. (australian time) people will be on in about 4 hours from now. loads of people will help you out.
ts.armd.net.au:9876

Oooh, thanks. I appreciate the info. It's a bit late at night so I need to sleep, I can do this on my day off or after work tomorrow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users