7 replies to this topic

#1 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 163 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

2 Noob questions... Just began playing:

1) watching brawler Atlases with AC/20 or Gauss. Powerful weapons...but they are targeted & destroyed early in virtually every match!! So why bother?

2) ummm.. how do you chainfire your weapons? *blushes*

#2 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostOdd Thomas, on 02 January 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

1) watching brawler Atlases with AC/20 or Gauss. Powerful weapons...but they are targeted & destroyed early in virtually every match!! So why bother?

AC20's and Gauss are awesome weapons because of their insane burst damage (20 and 15 points respectively). Other weapons/loadouts have higher overall DPS but burst damage can cripple targets in a single shot. The up shot is that these large weapons do tend to get destroyed quickly - often by the same weapons on the opposing team. Watch the weapons fire from the enemy and you'll often see that the weapon that sheered off that arm was itself a large weapon.

You set a weapon group to chainfire with the backspace key.

#3 wolfmanjake

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPirating in the Periphery

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Use torso twist to avoid getting your AC/20 or gauss blown out. Twist to expose your left arm/torso while your weapons are all on cool down. Also keep moving to make it harder to hit specific locations. Make sure that you have case in your torso if you have gauss.

#4 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Yup, big weapons entail big risk! The Guass in particular is more fragile than any other weapon in the game and explodes when destroyed, usually gutting the mech it was mounted in. The upside is these weapons are far and away some of the most powerful in the game. Getting slammed by an AC20 is a hell of a wake-up call.

Don't worry about basic questions, we were all noobs once!

#5 JustPyro

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

The AC 20 in my Atlas is almost always the first thing to go on my mech. But in that time I still generally get off 15-20 shots. If I'm only hitting 2/3 times on the more quickly destroyed matches, that's still 400 damage it can dish it out.

Again, it's burst vs over time. 2 hits with the AC 20 will open up most center torsos, then your smaller weapons go to work on the internals, or the smaller mechs can quickly finish them off with more rapid fire weapons and you can go open up someone else's torso. That said, I do notice many people switch to something smaller in their Assaults. I like the way my sub goes THUMP when I let a round go.

On something that's smaller and faster, it's a lot harder to hit the side torsos reliably. I occasionally run an AC/20 in my Dragon, where the side torsos are small and I still move fast. It's only been destroyed a handful of times out of dozens of matches.

#6 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostOdd Thomas, on 02 January 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

1) Answer be bolded & underlined.
2) Already answered.

Edited by MagicHamsta, 02 January 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#7 smokie EBDA

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

Running ac 20 and a duce they seem to blow up like an guass because one goes down they both fail

#8 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Don't walk in a straight line. Don't keep facing your enemy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users