Where Is Community Warfare?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Rifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hi guys, some of you may remember me from closed beta but ive been gone since xmas.

Basically once i found out the "CW will be in game 90 days after open beta" announcement was not going to happen i stopped playing because i was bored with constant deathmatch only and needed more to keep me interested.

Posted once since then a few months later(march/april maybe, cant remember) and no one knew then what was up with CW so i waited longer, been 7months now.

Just started playing again last night, not impressed with progress overall with balance/aiming/convergence/heat etc but thats not what this post is about.

So am i an ***** and missed CW? i cant find a option in the mechlab to start and kind of community warfare type of match/game. If such a thing does exist please tell me how to access it.

And if CW is not in game when will it be arriving? Already been 6+ Months since this was supposed to be in game.

Also how do i change game modes? all i seem to have is deathmatch and that capture/deathmatch option they brought in right before i stopped playing, surely in the 7 months ive been gone they have come up with a better game mode by now.

#2 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

First phase of CW is supposedly due around the end of the year with other phases after that. Guess UI 2.0 is holding everything up and they aren't sure if that will make it in time for launch.

Time line is out the window and Clans have become what CW was back in 2012.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 23 July 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostRifter, on 23 July 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Hi guys, some of you may remember me from closed beta but ive been gone since xmas.

Basically once i found out the "CW will be in game 90 days after open beta" announcement was not going to happen i stopped playing because i was bored with constant deathmatch only and needed more to keep me interested.

Posted once since then a few months later(march/april maybe, cant remember) and no one knew then what was up with CW so i waited longer, been 7months now.

Just started playing again last night, not impressed with progress overall with balance/aiming/convergence/heat etc but thats not what this post is about.

So am i an ***** and missed CW? i cant find a option in the mechlab to start and kind of community warfare type of match/game. If such a thing does exist please tell me how to access it.

And if CW is not in game when will it be arriving? Already been 6+ Months since this was supposed to be in game.

Also how do i change game modes? all i seem to have is deathmatch and that capture/deathmatch option they brought in right before i stopped playing, surely in the 7 months ive been gone they have come up with a better game mode by now.

You haven't missed anything. What you see is what we have. Little has been said on CW actually other than it's in development. They are redoing the entire interface (UI 2.0) which I guess is a very big project and that has to be done first. They did open up a test server for 12 v 12. That has to be ready for CW as well. Maybe try again in Sept when the game "Launches" and see if they have figured it out yet?

#4 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

They need to work on some hit registration to make 12 v 12 work properly, and they need 12 v 12 to work properly before they pull UI 2.0 and they need UI 2.0 before they can roll out CW.

12 v 12 is in active test and goes live in August, UI 2.0 in September then sometime later Phase 1 of CW.

Phase 1 might be just Earning LP for scoring against pilots of opposing factions in standard matches. If it is, then most of the fanbase will asphyxiate horribly as they choke on their rage.

There is rumor that Phase 1 might include a Lobby though. In which case all shall be forgiven and it will be kittens and rainbows for everyone.

#5 Rifter

• 2,230 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

So they are over a year behind? was supposed to be jan this year now next year? wow

Somehow i think this game is never going to make it at this rate of development.

Ive played since early closed beta and the speed of development up till i stopped sure wasnt fast but it was there, it was moving forward, feels like since i stopped playing nothing has happened, issuies have just moved around a bit but are still there.

Hit detection still sucks, heat still whacked just with diff weapons now.

knocks downs/collision damage still not back in game, i mean WTF is up with that??? I can face **** people in my jenner still and they cant hit me to save there lives so i see lagshield still in full effect. Super awesome that i can run 150kph into a atlas and not take a single point in damage.....

Repair costs seem to be gone now to, are they under development again also? or is this going to turn back into everyone runs a 30 million dollar min/maxed XL engines/artemis/ECM/BAP/insert expensive to run upgrade here equipped game like it was before when repair costs were out. Super realistic everyone can drive a ferrari with no consequences when they smash it up.... that is the only thing that kept it semi playable before now it will go back to min/max mechs only viable option if it hasnt already, havent played enough games being back yet to really tell.

Oh well, guess ill come back in another 7 months, if i still remember i have an account then.

Oh and how do you enable direct X 11? i know they pulled it but were working on it when i left, was supposed to be back in a few patches after i stopped playing. I want to see how the graphics are with it enabled before i wait some more lol, to see if its worth waiting.

#6 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCookin some dirty burgers

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

yup sounds about right

I'm not sure how or why but this project is horribly behind schedule. Wouldn't be so bad if there was at least an explanation as too why. Communication is spotty, R&R is gone for good, collisions are slated to be back for launch (atd reference) dx11 your joking right? Meanwhile we still get a new cockpit item every month along with camo and mech skins.

The list of problems goes on and on

Other than a few new maps and the 12v12 test sever (the test server for the test server) not much going on here. Unfortunately I still find this game to have the most enjoyable first person shooting pvp out of any other game I have played.

P.S. 12v12 is awesome will make the game so worth it but it still won't be sht without CW

#7 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

View PostRifter, on 23 July 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Oh and how do you enable direct X 11? i know they pulled it but were working on it when i left, was supposed to be back in a few patches after i stopped playing. I want to see how the graphics are with it enabled before i wait some more lol, to see if its worth waiting.

Yeah no major changes in over a year. See you in another 7 months maybe.

#8 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

The only big change was a completely nuts heat system to "punish" Boating. You should check it out, be prepared to face palm though.

#9 Rifter

• 2,230 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostTehSBGX, on 23 July 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

The only big change was a completely nuts heat system to "punish" Boating. You should check it out, be prepared to face palm though.

Im not sure what you mean? Is this why my DHS equipped Dual AC20 cat is unplayable now? that thing never overheated before i honestly cant remember it happening even once, now i cant get 4 shots off without overheating, and that isnt even firing right away back to back to back.

I thought my mech file for that mech had just corrupted since i hadnt played in so long and was going to dissasemble and rebuild it.

Guess ill swap to PPC's i see them being boated still with great effect.

That sort of stuff doesnt really matter to me though, ill blow stuff up with whatever is effective at blowing stuff up, if thats a laser, AC, SRM/LRM i dont care.

Ive noticed AC's and SRM's are ineffective now and when i left were super effective, now it seems everyone is back to lasers and LRM's.

What bothers me is the lack of progress on hit detection, convergence, knockdowns, collision damage and mostly community warfare.

Or you know even game modes/maps, like seriously WTF i take a 7 month break and you still cant come up with anything more entertaining than deathmatch?

#10 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

I've been playing since October, and the only notable progress is three new maps, one of which I truly hate (alpine peaks), and conquest mode.

No king of the hill mode irks me more than a little bit, as it would be incredibly simple to implement, and would give us an option for avoiding base races.

I play about 3-4 hours per week right now, which feels about right. I did buy the overlord phoenix package, but I'm not going to burn myself out getting frustrated by slow implementation.

Absolutely right about all of the ******** cockpit items and new skins for the same mechs though. The art department appears to be one of the few teams at PGI that is capable of doing things correctly, and on schedule.

#11 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 24 July 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Absolutely right about all of the ******** cockpit items and new skins for the same mechs though. The art department appears to be one of the few teams at PGI that is capable of doing things correctly, and on schedule.

Except scale mechs correctly

#12 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

You are all mistaken, it's not Community Warfare it's Warfare on the Community and it's already here.

#13 HighlandCoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 772 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

Ha! This thread is a lot of fun - you obviously have been around constantly for the last 6 moths. Every single post you point our something we have all been talking about for ages.

Your right on the money btw, just don't treat us like fools.

#14 Theodor Kling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostHighlandCoo, on 24 July 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

Ha! This thread is a lot of fun - you obviously have been around constantly for the last 6 moths. Every single post you point our something we have all been talking about for ages.

Hmm, also got that impression. But his last post before this according to forum was in february, which was also a how are things post.
Doesn't mean he is not reading her fro time to time of course, but it also doesn't mean he does.

#15 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostHighlandCoo, on 24 July 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

Your right on the money btw, just don't treat us like fools.

Well, you can create second accounts for free, and just post on those if you don't want to post on your main.

#16 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCookin some dirty burgers

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 24 July 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Well, you can create second accounts for free, and just post on those if you don't want to post on your main.

you can't create new founders accounts

#17 Rifter

• 2,230 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostTheodor Kling, on 24 July 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hmm, also got that impression. But his last post before this according to forum was in february, which was also a how are things post.
Doesn't mean he is not reading her fro time to time of course, but it also doesn't mean he does.

Thank you for pointing this out, i have not posted or played since around xmas other than to post the state of the game request thread you mentioned. This data is easy to access for anyone this is a public forum, all can check anyone's post history.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users