15 replies to this topic

#1 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

So my question is simple would the SRM6 in the narc tube fire 6 single missles? I looked on youtube and couldnt find anything. I also sold mine a while back so I dont have it to test.
Thank you for your time.

#2 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

AFAIK Yes.

LRM20 from a Narc Tube.

#3 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostLynx7725, on 24 July 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

LRM20 from a Narc Tube.

It's even less effective than you'd think...

I think the cooldown starts after the salvo finishes, which means it takes about 10 or 12 seconds to get a single launch off : /

#4 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

I didn't say anything about it being effective...

I've actually seen it in use and I actually know a couple of nutso who ran it. To quote another player: "It's like peeing LRMs."

#5 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

It's funny if you can find someone without AMS. Constant rocking.

#6 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

i used to run my 3l with the srm 6 in the narc tube, it was good for a laugh and sometimes helped me score a kill because i had time to aim lol.

#7 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

My curiosity is if there is any 'spread' for the single missile.

#8 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostFoxfire, on 24 July 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

My curiosity is if there is any 'spread' for the single missile.

nope

it just sputs out one a time in a straight line

#9 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Thank you all what a huge help u are, lol so its like a short range AC2! Im going to go buy my 3L back!

#10 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 24 July 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

nope

it just sputs out one a time in a straight line

My question is, might this actually increase the effectiveness of an SRM6 in a 3L with the right pilot? Rather than having a small cloud of missiles spreading out over a wide part of the mech and possibly missing, one could more accurately pinpoint each individual missile to hit just where they want it. It would take a hell of a lot of practice, but in theory, it could be useful...

#11 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostSug, on 24 July 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

It's even less effective than you'd think...

I think the cooldown starts after the salvo finishes, which means it takes about 10 or 12 seconds to get a single launch off : /

but do all the rounds go into the CT, instead of spread over hte arms and legs like in an actual LRM20 salvo ?

#12 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostBenjamin Davion, on 24 July 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

My question is, might this actually increase the effectiveness of an SRM6 in a 3L with the right pilot? Rather than having a small cloud of missiles spreading out over a wide part of the mech and possibly missing, one could more accurately pinpoint each individual missile to hit just where they want it. It would take a hell of a lot of practice, but in theory, it could be useful...

To answer your question YES! It was the most fun Ive had in a light mech since my commandos. at first I wasnt doing to well because i tried fighting lights with it and with hit res. and what not wasnt doing me alot of good.
after that i just engaged larger mechs / easier targets. On frozen city I engaged a Trench bucket and took it out fairly quickly, I then engaged an atla,s the constant stream of SRM6 was obviously effecting his aim greatly as i would save the NARC tube SRM6 for when i was infront of him, and hit his back with my other SRM6 and 2 Med lasers. He legged me but I kept giving him my full salvo and cored him before he took out my other leg. In the end i had 641 damage and 2 kills AND ALOT OF FUN!

Edited by DONTOR, 24 July 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#13 Wolf Ender

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

9 times out of 10, unless your entire team is still alive and there is only one mech left on the other team, you NEVER have the ability to stop or slow down piloting a light mech like the raven.

as a light pilot you already know that speed = life and it is extremely hard to make all 6 missiles connect when in the same spot without slowing down or stopping. but as a light you should be trying to run and gun if you want to stay alive. you will always hear tall tales from mech pilots who say "yes i took this totally derp build into a match and got 8 kills and did over 9000 damage it was great" but come on we both know that doesn't make it a good config. don't listen to them

you should try to avoid using narc tubes for anything more than an SRM 2 or for streaks obviously. streaks dont suffer any drawbacks from firing one at a time.

Edited by Wolf Ender, 24 July 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#14 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

#15 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostRoyalewithcheese, on 24 July 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

That is just about the funniest frakking thing I've ever seen... You just know that whoever is on the receiving end of this is thinking 'What *bam* the *bam* hell *bam* is *bam* that *bam* how *bam* is *bam* this *bam* happening *bam* will *bam* YOU *bam* STOP *bam*.... *bam*.... *bam*... *disconnects* .... *bam*....

#16 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostWolf Ender, on 24 July 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

9 times out of 10, unless your entire team is still alive and there is only one mech left on the other team, you NEVER have the ability to stop or slow down piloting a light mech like the raven.

as a light pilot you already know that speed = life and it is extremely hard to make all 6 missiles connect when in the same spot without slowing down or stopping. but as a light you should be trying to run and gun if you want to stay alive. you will always hear tall tales from mech pilots who say "yes i took this totally derp build into a match and got 8 kills and did over 9000 damage it was great" but come on we both know that doesn't make it a good config. don't listen to them

you should try to avoid using narc tubes for anything more than an SRM 2 or for streaks obviously. streaks dont suffer any drawbacks from firing one at a time.

While most of what you say is true, there is always a time when the enemy is unaware of your presence, engaged with another friendly, or you are circling slow prey. All of these moments could use the constant hammering of the SRM6, coupled with the med lasers and other SRM6. The LRM 20 while hilarious doesn't fit the close range hit and run tactics I use with lights, therefore the SRM6 has been nothing but helpful. Good points though.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users