3Xac2 Victor

22 replies to this topic

#21 Lyoncet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostNighterRO, on 26 July 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Do not underestimate multiple dakkas. I agree that they are strong when they are being ignored. Most enemy I killed didn't even know who took them out.

I 100% agree with this sentimsnt. However, it's also the crux of why I think the Victor isn't the best way of running triple AC/2. Making that build work well is all about getting your payload to the right place (and that place is dynamic, as in the back of another 'Mech), sticking there as long as plausible, and then booking it out of there to do it again. It's fairly time-consuming making it from target to target, and that's time you're not shooting anything. Unless you're sniping, but at long ranges AC/2s are less about sniping and more about area denial; the lack of burst damage means you can't get away with too much damage at a range. Not to say it's bad at long range by any means, but again, you're probably not contributing as much as you could be if that's how you're using it.

It's my belief that the Victor isn't very good at that compared to your other options. This will probably be especially true once weight restrictions are imposed, when a Dragon will be able to do the same thing but better (sans the SRMs) much faster and on a much smaller body, and when a Blackjack can do it at around half the tonnage at 25 km/h faster at the loss of one autocannon.

So to reiterate, I think you can get good results with it, but the Victor just seems like a super clunky delivery platform for such a configuration. I can do some more experimentation with the setup (haven't had my Victor for long). So who knows. Maybe I'll be blown away. :)

Edited by Lyoncet, 27 July 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#22 The Blazer of Lasers

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationIn a peaceful meadow on terra pondering the meaning of flamers.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

i run this.

#23 Thejuggla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Since you can fit in a big XL engine that can fit in many doubleheatsinks, ac2s only take one slot, medium for lasers and srm4s I could see you pulling off both endo and FF armor maybe. They work good against bulky targets, one time trying out a troll tri-ac2 hunchie I shot up an awesome pretty good before he could take cover he was close to red, could see it working better on a fast victor.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users