Why Don't Spiders Take Any Mg Damage?

13 replies to this topic

#1 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

You'd think MGs would be good for hitting spiders but as it turns out they are not. I have a 4 MG spider and got in a fight with another spider. Over 1000 rounds later almost all his armor was still yellow despite my crosshair being on him or slightly ahead of him for 2 minutes or so. I would watch the paper doll as I shot him and see only the occasional color change.

Edited by JimboFBX, 22 July 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#2 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

Add LBX-10 to this as well. Saw a guy smacking a spider with it and it took well over 15 shots to finally kill it. Spider runs straight at guy, gets smacked in the torso with 2x LBX-10, goes from yellow to yellow-ish orange.

Edited by JimboFBX, 23 July 2013 - 01:28 AM.

#3 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Its a general hit detection issue, the smaller and faster the target is, the more unregistered bug show.

#4 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

afaik machine guns dont have travel velocity, so you use them like lasers.

#5 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

MGs are hit scan like lasers, but spread damage everywhere. If hitting internals you can destroy Items, but I still think they need a tweak to their damage and how they fire, such as giving a cooldown so that the shooter could perform defensive moves and removing spread to help register shots to where you want them easier when going fast.

#6 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

it does mean a lot of the damage is going to miss lights entirely regardless of how accurate you are, just like the srm hit detection problems so that could explain it.

#7 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

have you tested this in the test mode

#8 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

mgs are a beam weapon?

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostPraetor Shepard, on 23 July 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

MGs are hit scan like lasers, but spread damage everywhere. If hitting internals you can destroy Items, but I still think they need a tweak to their damage and how they fire, such as giving a cooldown so that the shooter could perform defensive moves and removing spread to help register shots to where you want them easier when going fast.

This. I used to lead MGs like ballistics for the particle trail and was doing less damage with the 0.8 damage per second buff than I was with the 0.4 damage per second. Prosperity Park told me that MG damage is instant like lasers and the particles mean nothing.

Ever since I've been doing insane damage with them.

This was before that discovery --

This is after.

#10 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

on a running spider you need to hold your Lasers a bit before the Mech to hit hm. And thats really strange :)

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

And btw it's supposed to be 1.0 damage per second, but most computers lag in MG fire, doing between 7 and 13 bullets per second

#12 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

The Spider hitbox was messed up since the mech got implemented, the current HSR issues only amplify its visibility.

#13 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostKoniving, on 23 July 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Prosperity Park told me that MG damage is instant like lasers and the particles mean nothing.

Are you serious? Is anyone else offended that the visual indications in the game that are there to help you with your shots is completely decoupled from where your rounds are actually going? I mean, that borders on PGI actively griefing their own players because this hasn't been publicly acknowledged as a bug by PGI from what I have seen (I stand ready to be corrected).

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostDeaconW, on 24 July 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Are you serious?

I am serious in that regard. I refer you to this from my profile feed.

Saddest score ever achieved http://assets-cloud....nal/1687764.jpg What makes it sad? Best of my team with 4 MGs, 4 flamers. Nothing else.
May 01 2013 07:01 PM · Delete · Lock

Was the 0.4 damage per second MGs. With 4 flamers, 4 MGs, I had no reason to aim in any other direction but at the target. I fought a Dragon and an Atlas.

Edited by Koniving, 24 July 2013 - 07:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users