60 replies to this topic

#21 Spartan Leonidus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Missouri USA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

I am soo looking forward to scrapping it up with you all in this game....Oh Boy! Looking good, waiting for go live!

#22 MaiL

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationPA,USA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

Awesome B)

#23 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 11 June 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

the janitorial staff doesnt count B)

#24 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

This batch of answers was really dissapointing. There were a lot of better questions out there than these and the jump jets thing was answered twice.

The match lenght was in the videos...so it's been shortened by 5 minutes. Big deal. Well actually i think it's bad news.
The shorter the match timelimit is the fewer strategies are available.
Low power weaponry and hit & run tactics becomes less viable.

And the last two questions were just...We received nothing.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 11 June 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#25 Attalward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

would love the "A Day In The Life Of"

#26 Gendou

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Q: Will we ever get a 'Day in the life of a PGI employee' feature? You know, a developer or artist or technician or QA analyst doing a "this is what I do on an average day" walkthrough, complete with pictures of the offices and such? Probably not before release, I'm sure, since you all are so busy, but is something like that in the cards? [Gendou]
A: I'd absolutely love to do one of these. Would you guys really want that? I guess if we got enough requests we could pull off something. Again, I'd absolutely love to do it! [GARTH]

Excellent. I really hope you guys are able to do this.

#27 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Q: How long do expect the average match to last? [Dagnabit]
A: Currently they tend to last about 10 minutes or so. The current max is 15, though that has already changed so it may change again. It depends on the strategies people use; I have noticed that as players get more experienced they get more cautious. [GARTH]

View PostSpleenslitta, on 11 June 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

This batch of answers was really dissapointing. There were a lot of better questions out there than these and the jump jets thing was answered twice.

The match lenght was in the videos...so it's been shortened by 5 minutes. Big deal. Well actually i think it's bad news.
The shorter the match timelimit is the fewer strategies are available.
Low power weaponry and hit & run tactics becomes less viable.

And the last two questions were just...We received nothing.

It also just raises more questions lol. Like what happens if both teams are so cautious that no damage is done when the time expires (granted that would be boring, but possible), is it a draw? :)
Does the higher tonnage win? Does that mean the side with the higher tonnage can just take all long range weapons and force the lower tonnage side to be on the offensive/attack a team with long range weapons? It is usually easier to defend (depends on the game I guess) ;)

Basically answering the jump jet question twice thing was kind of odd. Or are you considering DFA and "Will a jump capable mech be able to land on other mechs and knock them down?" two different subjects?...I guess I can somewhat see that they may be different if there isn't damage involved in what you can do in the second situation since DFA involves damage

edit, had more questions

Edited by Shadowscythe, 11 June 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#28 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

I want to see a 'day in the life of a MWO dev' video too!

#29 Torcip

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

15 minutes max? Really? That seems pretty short to me for a 12 v 12, I would think more around 20-30 minutes.

#30 talonfox

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTaftville CT

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

is there going to voice chat with the game to talk with other's in the same unit that your in?

#31 trycksh0t

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Q: Will we ever get a 'Day in the life of a PGI employee' feature? You know, a developer or artist or technician or QA analyst doing a "this is what I do on an average day" walkthrough, complete with pictures of the offices and such? Probably not before release, I'm sure, since you all are so busy, but is something like that in the cards? [Gendou]
A: I'd absolutely love to do one of these. Would you guys really want that? I guess if we got enough requests we could pull off something. Again, I'd absolutely love to do it! [GARTH]

I would love to see this done. Make it happen Garth!

I would vote for FD, because his office is probably full of concept art we haven't seen yet.

#32 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Awesome my question got answered.

And yes waffles are awesome.

#33 Larry Headrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Adding my +1 for this.

#34 Shandiir

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have a question.

If I start in a Merc in a Company, with friends who play all new games for 3 months then leave, then find myself alone can I sawp to a House or do I have to start all over from scratch?

#35 Graf Ulrich

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGreat Falls Montana

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

The Day in the Life would be cool. Also a making of video from concept to completion. Perhaps chatting with several programmers and graphic artist and also whoever is in charge of ensuring the Mech's are identical (as much as possible) in their design and load outs (alt. loadout as well) as Technical Readouts.

Cheers!!!

#36 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

They already did a documentary about the devs, it was called "Grandma's Boy" It was fairly accurate, though I disagree with some of the casting decisions.

The "stolen game" part was pure fertilizer. It was inspired by the tossing the "5" code base and rewriting for the Crysis2 engine. Then the producers demanded some conflict and forced a rewrite of the story line. (Reality and Common Sense left for 3 day bender). Fortunately the dev's were able to influence the story line enough that nobody who'd ever heard the term 'source code' or even 'backup' would think Paul stole anything.

Garth's personal Pod became a bed. Paul was staying over due to a marathon extreme coding session, after 28 hrs, neither was safe to drive.

In one of those life changing moments, the doll scene was shot the first day as character background; and yes, Garth's mom really is that hot, and yes Paul did. The director totally changed the doll scene. As he says "Who the **** knows what a MadCat is? Garth's mom and Paul high five on her front lawn in the credits, so obviously there are no hard feelings. At least on her part. For more, see the unrated bonus features.

Anyway, Paul, on the front lawn, was explaining to the director what a 'Mech was, in a trench coat on that chilly BC day. The screen writer saw it, and 'Robot Alter-Ego' was born. Paul's GREY CLOTH trench coat was guest of honor in the fireplace the evening of the pre-screening.

Linda Cardellini is a composite of 2 outside contractors, who were both male motivational speakers, but nobody seemed to care.

Dante played himself.

Edited by Suicidal Idiot, 12 June 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#37 MechRaccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn a dumpster. A walking, nuclear powered, space dumpster with lasers on it.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

FRENCH TOAST. IT'S WAY BETTER.

#38 estus1

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 39 posts
  • Locationthe madcat that's behind you

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

I would love to see for myself and for others to see how hard it is to make develop and execute a game of this caliber.

#39 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

A "day in the life of" should include Paul kicking the server.

#40 Mad Pig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 487 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

do eet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users