• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hail,

Khan of Clan Diamond Shark / Merc Corp Diamond Shiver here. I have been a fan of Mechwarrior since it's earliest incarnations and have been so happy to have this version that we're all testing out. After being unemployed and stranded in Houston, I made my way back to NYC where I got enough money together to build a system just for MWO.

I've been playing since and have been part of an amazing community. At the beginning of the year (Jan 3050) I learned that I have cancer. A rare form called Medulary Thyroid Carcinoma. Thanks to MWO, my clan, and the american/european comstar server communities I have kept my strength and sanity by playing mechwarrior online... so much so I have managed to play through my founders bonus and have purchased every cbill purchasable mech in the game with most of them being taken to master status.

Thank you for being there for me and I'm hoping that the community will help me once again. I have been awarded a Fulbright scholarship to study internet addiction in Beijing, China but because of my cancer I've been left financially destitute. I'm trying to raise money so that I can be a cultural ambassador (representing MWO and the United States) while taking care of my 92 year old great-grandmother. I hope that the community will help me out by donating at and sharing http://www.gofundme....ncerToFulbright

Thank you...

#2 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

It's so hard to believe it's been a year since going through all that muck and mire. I'm so proud to see people support other people dealing with cancer and the people who came out to help me I will never stop appreciating.

I have made it to china, I have learned (am learning) the language and have had adventures I never could have imagined a year ago (met the President of Taiwan, hugged and talked to the First Lady of the US, got to be a part of some amazing programs, visit the US Embassy, and have been a part of my first podcast).

As my time winds down here in China, I'm looking to throw myself in pushing my unit to being one of the preeminent groups of 3049. This doesn't mean flying with ego's larger than the sun or believing that there isn't a moment we can't learn from our experiences and others.

Thank you to those who have shared this time with me and I hope for all of us there are bright days ahead.

Forever DS. Daisu Saikoro (Nagasawa), Clan Diamond Shark, Merc Corp Diamond Shiver.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users