17 replies to this topic

#1 Drake159

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Got Sarah's Mech. Now I am wondering, if I repaint it at some point do I lose the default colors? As they are not basic/c-bill colors and do not show up under unlocked colors in my camo spec.

I would hate to repaint this great mech and not be able to put it back the way it was.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Should be the same as Hero mechs/founder Mechs.

with my CPLT-C1(F), it has some 'special' colours bundled in. These colours do not appear in my unlocked colours, because they cannot be used on other mechs. however, when I change the colour, the 'special' colour remains as a colour swatch; Click the colour square in the top section of the colour panel and it will switch back to the 'special' colour.

#3 Drake159

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 26 July 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Should be the same as Hero mechs/founder Mechs.

with my CPLT-C1(F), it has some 'special' colours bundled in. These colours do not appear in my unlocked colours, because they cannot be used on other mechs. however, when I change the colour, the 'special' colour remains as a colour swatch; Click the colour square in the top section of the colour panel and it will switch back to the 'special' colour.

Thanks for the reply. So if I understand correctly, as long as I don't accidentally change both of the colours in any given colour spot. (current choice and swap colour) I won't lose any of the colours. But if I were to change both of the colours in one spot I could not get the special colours back.

#4 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostDrake159, on 26 July 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply. So if I understand correctly, as long as I don't accidentally change both of the colours in any given colour spot. (current choice and swap colour) I won't lose any of the colours. But if I were to change both of the colours in one spot I could not get the special colours back.

Every time you edit your camo you have the option to revert to stock colors, It is literally impossible to make them unobtainable. ;)

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostDrake159, on 26 July 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Actually with the 'special' colours on my Founder Catapult, I can't change both colour swatches. The special one always remains in the previous colour swatch below the current colour, it does not seem possible to "lose" the colour.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

For me I can change both swatches, however as soon as I save or cancel, the original 'revert to original color' swatches are still there and still the original colors, so they cannot be permanently changed.

#7 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostAmsro, on 26 July 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Every time you edit your camo you have the option to revert to stock colors, It is literally impossible to make them unobtainable. :)

once I was changing the colors over and over on my Ilya, decided id put a color in each of the overlapping squares so I could quickly flip them again and again to see what I liked more. not that I miss the default poop brown and baby poop green, but don't do like I did and lose them by changing the color on all boxes lol.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

As said, you can't permanently lose them. Once you save or cancel or reset, they come back. Just reopen the camo window again. You'll never lose them.

#9 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 July 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

As said, you can't permanently lose them. Once you save or cancel or reset, they come back. Just reopen the camo window again. You'll never lose them.

well, I still would never change it back if I could lol, but ill have to take a second look when I log in a few. EDIT: sure enough, theres the colors I thought were gone, I could totally make my ilya look like a **** again! I suppose I should know by now not to doubt Amsro and Koniving.

Edited by LoveLost85, 27 July 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#10 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostLoveLost85, on 27 July 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

I suppose I should know by now not to doubt Amsro and Koniving.

What am I, chopped liver? :)

#11 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Just have to say it, it is Sarah's mech, why would you want to change it ;) pick up another jenner and edit it.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 28 July 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#12 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

Have to agree with Marvyn here, the point of this is that its a charity mech, so why would you change it!?
However that said all the advice above is absolutely correct should you wish to do so.

#13 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostMarvyn Dodgers, on 28 July 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Just have to say it, it is Sarah's mech, why would you want to change it ;) pick up another jenner and edit it.

It always keeps all the fun stickers and decals. Changing the colours just changes some of the stripes and things. You never have the option of removing it's unique pattern.

#14 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 28 July 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

It always keeps all the fun stickers and decals. Changing the colours just changes some of the stripes and things. You never have the option of removing it's unique pattern.

Yeah, but still . . . sorry, just my thoughts, leave it intact.

#15 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostMarvyn Dodgers, on 28 July 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Just have to say it, it is Sarah's mech, why would you want to change it :) pick up another jenner and edit it.

Personally Yellow is a color I really dislike (not because of conotations or anything, just dislike the color) - so I changed the yellow on her leg to red.

Yes I am well aware I do not have to look at it in game, but I do in the mechlab :unsure:

#16 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

I'm leaving mine as is.

#17 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

I changed the green to black so it has a bumble bee leg. I also went with a darker teal on the body. It only changes the lower left leg and the main body color, the sweet unicorn and all the other decals don't change.

#18 BillHones

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

i forget the warning now... it reads like if i change the color, its gone. so what everyone is saying is, you can change, even with the warning, and then revert if you want to? i dont own hero mechs.

on changing the paint... she would want us to enjoy it the way we want.

get em good!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users