Lrms Too Strong

117 replies to this topic

Poll: Nerf LRMs? (292 member(s) have cast votes)

Let's ask the devs to Nerf the LRMs.

1. Yes (26 votes [8.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

2. Voted No (265 votes [91.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 AC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

I feel like we are back to Missile Warrior Online again. I have been a victim and watched many LRM's that seem to only damage the front CT, no matter what direction the mech is facing. Hell... I just watched a game where a Jenner was running straight away from the LRM's and they damaged the front CT for the kill.

Drop into ANY match and LRM's are raining from the sky. The heat penalty did not affect them at all, because people are still able to boat them. They just mix and match LRM 10,15,20 and boat away. You can't do that with other weapons to the extent you can with LRM's.

#102 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 29 July 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

22 Yes votes to 207 No votes...

Well, I guess that just about sums it up...case closed! B)

About the ratio against 3rd person view so of course, PGI will cave to the whiners.

#103 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

yeah just a tiny bit.

hard to tell cuz the PPCs are covering it up right now. but they are a bit overpowered

#104 subgenius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 29 July 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

About the ratio against 3rd person view so of course, PGI will cave to the whiners.

Not likely. They still haven't given in to the torch and pitchfork wielding PPC crowd yet.

#105 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostSephlock, on 29 July 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Violin "music" = Thread saying LRMs are overpowered.

Everyone who isn't holding the Violin = Me, El Bandito, and the other reasonable people.

This applies to Streak whining threads too.

#106 Sir Ratburger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 200 posts
  • LocationIm in front of my computer

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Lrm's are easily avoidable when you learn the maps and how to control your mechs efficiently, and when you have AMS it takes out a fair few missiles before they hit unless you are boating them. When someone boats them they put themselves at a serious disadvantage... I have walked right up to a Catapult that only had LRM's and pretty much took it out piece by piece because it could not shoot back.

I have used 20 + 15 LRM's on my Atlas in the past to 'soften' up targets but rarely ever killed or even expected to kill anyone with them. I think they are fine at the moment and a lot harder than people think to use effectively.

#107 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

View PostRansack, on 29 July 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Yes they are broken. I remembered to hit F12 the other night.

Posted Image

They have missed their target, and should die where the miss happened, not go hit other random things.

Yeah...the flattening out of the angle at the very end and following the ground terrain angle is ridiculous. Don't think it really adds that much to damage totals though. It's the TAG/Artemis CT thing that affects damage totals the most. Still, LRMs are easily avoidable (unless someone is hiding behind you in a Spider).

#108 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

LOL

#109 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

LRM are not usless anymore. People are sick of running PPC boats all the time. PPC boating got nerfed. People start running LRM.
Anything suprising here? Not at all.
Try rocking AMS. Had one game in a whole month where everyone in the other team had AMS. When they stood together not a single missile hit. We had three LRM mechs. Nothing came trough.
They called "Welcome to PPC online!" at the start of the game and would have won, but then they spread out...singe ones coming out in the open starting to run in circles.
Still only about 1/3 of my LRM got trough and I did only 174 damage at the end. But my buddy killed them off with gauss/ppc everytime they started to run around like a chicken without its head trying to shake my lock.

#110 Marcus Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

Please nerf the lasers. Since the patch where they got buffed they are too strong and are being abused way too much by players. The biggest problem is not the damage but how they don't need to lead the target. Lasers also don't automatically sop once they reached their maximum distance. Their spread is too tight. And yes even their damage is a bit high. I am getting so tired of people running Laser Boat squads and then run up and kill everyone while using cover effectively. To me it feels like cheating, the fact they don't even have to engage in the open. Too many games are won like this. It is not fair. I am asking for lasers to be nerfed. Please. Nerf them. At lease spread out the damage, don't have them tighten too much. And please remove this tracking nonsense where the lasers can target and seek you even when noone has tag or narc on you.

I read the patch notes and I will tell you this from experience, it's not enough. Lasers are too over powered. And guess what, AMS and ECM doesn't stop lasers.

#111 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostTaemien, on 27 July 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

OP, now your LRM woes are alleviated. This works in a 45kph assault mech too, even now.

Your picture is wrong. That's a Catapult there and there should be someone shooting their cockpit out in 1 turn.

#112 Dren Nas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostShadowdusk, on 27 July 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

Please nerf the LRMS. Since the patch where they got buffed they are too strong and are being abused way too much by players. The biggest problem is not the damage but how they arch and track. LRMs also don't automatically explode once they reached their maximum distance. Their spread is too tight. And yes even their damage is a bit high. I am getting so tired of people running LRM Boat squads and then sit back and kill everyone while being defended. To me it feels like cheating, the fact they don't even have to engage. Too many games are won like this. It is not fair. I am asking for LRMs to be nerfed. Please. Nerf them. At lease spread out the damage, don't have them tighten too much. And please remove this tracking nonsense where the LRMS can target and seek you even when noone has any line of sight, tag, or narc on you.

SRMs is another problem. Too many people are using SRM spam builds. And one shotting just about everyone. I am asking for SRMs to have a higher heat build up or a longer cooldown. Make it so people will think twice before getting 6 to 8 SRMs on a mech and go around one shotting people. You did it with the AC/20s, to make it harder for people to spam them. Why can't you do it with SRMs?

I read the patch notes and I will tell you this from experience, it's not enough. LRMS are too over powered. And guess what, not every mech have ECM.

you should stop crying "nerfnerf" and learn how to play against them. It isn't hard. Yes, you can use cover. Break line of sight and move your mech. the lrms will land where you were when you broke sight unless they get sight back on you. If you charge out over open ground, not only will lrms punish you, I hope they destroy you for being an *****.

LOL I just read "And please remove this tracking nonsense where the LRMS can target and seek you even when noone has any line of sight, tag, or narc on you."

THEY CAN NOT TRACK YOU WHEN YOU BREAK LINE OF SIGHT. MOVE YOU *** WHEN YOU BREAK IT AND THEY WILL LAND WHERE YOU WERE WHEN SIGHT WAS BROKEN.

#113 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

LRMs seem weak again now...at least since last patch (even though nothing in the patch notes states anything about LRM changes).

#114 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

get off the nurf bandwagon and get on the Pug only ques and premade only ques!

#115 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Im confused from what the OP said on this post and the post I linked....

http://mwomercs.com/...n-current-form/

Who is right?!?! /hammer to face

#116 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostKibble, on 05 August 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Im confused from what the OP said on this post and the post I linked....

http://mwomercs.com/...n-current-form/

Who is right?!?! /hammer to face

When you start getting threads saying something is OP and UP at the same time .. you know balance is in sight :)

#117 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

LRMs are just about perfect right now. Leave 'em alone.

Streak SRM/2s, on the other hand, need some love. They are practically useless now; the MG outperforms it now...which is scary.

#118 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

lrm's are pretty close atm. they just need a very slight tweak to flight path and a bit more spread on the mech instead of 90% ct and they would be about perfect.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users