a question to Mechwarrior Online money-wise

4 replies to this topic

#1 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

my biggest questions are:

Will this be absolutely free or free-to-play?
Will "black market" items cost real money? will there be renting? premium membership?
Because if you guys do, be careful, Steam's Team Fortress 2 has cash transactions and an in-game store leaving Gabe Newell wiping his @$$ with $20 bills...

MY $20 bills.

(meanwhile at VALVe)
Hats and LAZERS! $9.99 each!

Edited by gavilatius, 09 November 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#2 PewPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationUS - East

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

This is only speculation-

Yes, you will be paying real money for weapons, mechs, cosmetics, AT LEAST. As for renting, I hope not. Premium membership fees would require some premium content, which is a GREAT way of discouraging your player base. So, if they're smart, that won't be in it either.

For a real answer, I doubt you're getting one. I doubt a concrete answer actually exists at the moment.

#3 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

We have no idea, but there will naturally be some part of the game that you have to pay money for to get.

Personally, I hope there is a 5 dollar service charge to have any 12 year old trash-talker banned for bragging too much about how easy I was to kill.

#4 Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

Personally I'd be happy with a premier subs option that acrues MWO points that can be spent at the shop and/or some premier only free fluff. As for premium content/servers etc not so much. I don't want to exclude myself from the player base, I want to build community not divide it. I just don't like that degree of 'exclusivity'; it's counterproductive.

I would imagine that yes any equipment available for unlock in the game can be bought for points in the store. It's not a tactical advantage per say. If you have no time but money, spend it. If you have time, use it instead. What I don't want is 'store only' equipment thats better than in game. Fluff of course doesn't count :)

Edited by Dozer, 09 November 2011 - 09:34 PM.

#5 Worstcat MK-II

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

Whose to go and say they don't do what RIOT (League of Legends) does and just make cash off of customization of appearance and XP boosts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users