When Will This Game Get Its Most Precious(In My Opinion) Component?

19 replies to this topic

#1 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hey

When this game approached the end of Closed Beta, It was bandied around that Community warfare would arrive 2-3 months after open beta launch.

Its been ... longer.

Can I get a statement from the powers that be on how much longer we will have to wait?

Rick (Woodstock)

#2 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Honestly? I would expect CW to be fully in place by January-February of next year, based on the ATD 42 state of critical feature development.

If they get it in sooner than that, like by December of this year then go them, but for now don't expect the whole shebang by launch. Expect it several months after.

#3 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

I thought first partial scrap of CW at launch was what they where struggling for. Of course victory in this issue is uncertain.

#4 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

The best advice i can give you is to just enjoy the game for what it is currently, and enjoy the new content as it eventually comes.
They have to make community warfare something awesome or the game will tank, so they're obviously going to take their time to make their best possible effort (i hope).

#5 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostKanatta Jing, on 20 July 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

I thought first partial scrap of CW at launch was what they where struggling for.

As far as we know, yes.

#6 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

they've got to realize that overpredicting deadlines will screw them over.

#7 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

I've been getting the impression from statements, that CW will be fully there for launch.
The fact that is was meant to be ready in some form near the start of Open Beta, kinda implies they were already a long way down the road with it. And they've been tight lipped on everything else.
We MIGHT get a nice surprise in September is all I'm saying :)

#8 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Oh, you want information on core game features that have been consistently delayed?

Good Luck with that. But hey! You can pre-order MOAR MECHS! UNSEEN! GIEV MONEY! We promise, the first phase of CW will be in by launch. Oh, what is the first phase of CW? What do loyalty points do? AHAHAHAHAHAA!

Oh... you're serious? Let me laugh even harder.

;)

#9 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

at the pace this game is progressing my guess is community warfare will arrive in mid-2014.

Edited by Hellcat420, 23 July 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#10 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

I've kinda given up on the concept of CW. So if it arrives, cool. If not...whatever.

Just hoping they can get match maker to work properly again; it's been broken for the last month. Getting a *little* annoyed with 8:0 wipes.

#11 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

I would honestly like to see them come up with private lobbies just so the community can set up reliable leagues and have them focus on content and other stuff. It would make sense overall to do it that way and then when the game is actually good and ready for it, start working heavily on Community Warfare.

#12 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

we will see...that´s all i can say :ph34r:

#13 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostBelphegore, on 20 July 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

The best advice i can give you is to just enjoy the game for what it is currently, and enjoy the new content as it eventually comes.
They have to make community warfare something awesome or the game will tank, so they're obviously going to take their time to make their best possible effort (i hope).

Agree with the first part of your statements but I don't think Community Warfare or the lack thereof wil sink the game. Take WoTs for example. Clan Wars pretty much sucks but they still are one of the most popular MMOs of all times. I think worldwide they have over 2 million active players.

#14 Athurio

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 23 July 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Agree with the first part of your statements but I don't think Community Warfare or the lack thereof wil sink the game. Take WoTs for example. Clan Wars pretty much sucks but they still are one of the most popular MMOs of all times. I think worldwide they have over 2 million active players.

Not to mention, WoT developed features and content excruciatingly slow as I remember.

#15 Shakespeare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL USA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostOutlaw, on 23 July 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I would honestly like to see them come up with private lobbies just so the community can set up reliable leagues and have them focus on content and other stuff. It would make sense overall to do it that way and then when the game is actually good and ready for it, start working heavily on Community Warfare.

I do think that would help keep the competitive community healthy, as right now our best options are:

synced 8-mans - which, in addition to being somewhat unreliable, can throw the rest of the 8-man queue for a loop when every 3 or 4 matches you have to tell a team 'sorry, missed a league drop *explodes*'

standard 8-mans - which just swaps having SOME control over what opponents you play to having none, and has no settings or options of any kind other than 'conquest' or 'assault'. (hint: pick conquest, the gameplay is more dynamic)

'moshpit' or 'madness' drops - everyone meets up solo or in small groups in a TS channel, syncdrops, and then organizes into subchannels based on match arrangement. This is actually a lot of fun, and can lead to some great matches (Marik Madness, Teamspeak Tuesday, etc.), but doesn't exactly let a dedicated team hone their skills, and can lead to some serious matchmaker fumbles.

4-man lance drops. - wherin your team is at the mercy of ELO.

The community has made several attempts to self-organize and get some really good fights, and synced 8s can work, but it's a clunky workaround.. we'd see a lot more participation, and higher quality matches (as well as more informative info on what's going on in weapon/mech balancing), with a player-managed lobby.

#16 Slab Squathrust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA or Billings, MT

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostKrellmane, on 24 July 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Not to mention, WoT developed features and content excruciatingly slow as I remember.

You can get away with that when you are one of the first to the game. Right now MWO has to compete with every other FTP game out there. It seems like hundreds and more crop up every day. CW will be important if it ever comes, but it will be meaningless if they cannot figure out the in match issues.

All in all, I think PGI was a little overzealous at the start. They need to under promise and over deliver. They have taken the opposite approach and have then seen the justified anger of the player base. As much as i would like CW soon an update to dx 11 (I mean come on 9 is from like 05) or better matchmaking would be better in my book. An update such as these would do a lot to put ease into the minds of the players and give them confidence in PGI's ability to pull off something like CW.

Edited by Slab Squathrust, 28 July 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#17 Donnie Silveray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

You should probably realize that CW is a large, work intensive operation and PGI has had their share of issues popping up lately that'd likely put some work hours outside of where they want it. Couple this with UI bugs and whatnot, the fact they're pushing hard for this major feature is no surprise. I imagine they'll be getting it in a workable form before we can take space regions. Those of you who blame PGI's incompetance and greed should probably look in a mirror and ask yourself "Can I Make This Work?"

With all the netcode issues several months back, UI bug, and the apparent nature of having to wrestle with the CryEngine, I'm not surprised they find themselves hard pressed to get these features down.

#18 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostDonnie Silveray, on 28 July 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

You should probably realize that CW is a large, work intensive operation and PGI has had their share of issues popping up lately that'd likely put some work hours outside of where they want it. Couple this with UI bugs and whatnot, the fact they're pushing hard for this major feature is no surprise. I imagine they'll be getting it in a workable form before we can take space regions. Those of you who blame PGI's incompetance and greed should probably look in a mirror and ask yourself "Can I Make This Work?"

With all the netcode issues several months back, UI bug, and the apparent nature of having to wrestle with the CryEngine, I'm not surprised they find themselves hard pressed to get these features down.

Finally someone who's making sense!

#19 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

They started "highlighting" (aka teasers) UI2 in May and we still don't have it and latest PGI comments were that "maybe" we see it before launch. ie 6 months from teaser to release.

They said the teasers start on CW in August....so....Feb/14 would be the timeline.

With the public server, it is likely we "first see it" sooner but then never see it on live server for many more months (based on past patch quality experience)

#20 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostChemie, on 29 July 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

They started "highlighting" (aka teasers) UI2 in May and we still don't have it and latest PGI comments were that "maybe" we see it before launch. ie 6 months from teaser to release.

They said the teasers start on CW in August....so....Feb/14 would be the timeline.

With the public server, it is likely we "first see it" sooner but then never see it on live server for many more months (based on past patch quality experience)

The teasers were mockups made in photoshop, and to actually build the interface takes a lot more than a few images on a screen. Plus they have stated the feature is something they want for launch, it's not been a priority to have it out asap.

The same goes for CW, they want it there for launch, but they won't rush it out before that.
They've been focusing on pushing updates to gameplay balance, game stability, graphics, and things like lag, up until then.
As-well as keeping the content coming, so that the current players have a reason to stick around.

Development takes time, even with a large team... and MWO's is tiny compared to games which can be feature complete in a year and a half. What they've done in 2 years is a miracle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users