When You Introduce 3Pv...

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mahnmut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Please remove arm lock option from "hardcore" mode. It was meant to be a feature for new players but it's abused by vets since it makes it way easier to focus damage. Convergence is already enough of an issue.

#2 Typhoon Storm 2142

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

What the **** are you talking about?

#3 Mahnmut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

When they add 3rd person view to the game the current first person game as we know it now will be known as "hardcore" mode. So I'm suggesting they remove the arm lock feature since it was designed to be a new player mechanic. It's fine to keep it in 3rd person mode since it is meant for the more casual player.

#4 Typhoon Storm 2142

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostMahnmut, on 29 July 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

When they add 3rd person view to the game the current first person game as we know it now will be known as "hardcore" mode. So I'm suggesting they remove the arm lock feature since it was designed to be a new player mechanic. It's fine to keep it in 3rd person mode since it is meant for the more casual player.

This must be the dumbest idea I've read in these forums so far.

#5 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostMahnmut, on 29 July 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Whether arm lock is on or off should be left to the player. Besides, most players find arm lock to be more of a nuisance rather than an aid.

#6 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

No, it lets you drop pinpoint damage from arm and torso weapons like the Highlander 732. In fact with the ability to toggle it on and off from the keyboard many of us leave it off, letting us swing around and then hit that key and ZAP - instant alignment of arms and torso to drop a gauss + 2/3 PPC shot all in the exact same point.

Not only is it pretty cheesy but you get *instant* alignment of torso and arms, regardless of torso twist speed.

It's a problem and people who run truly competitive sniper builds tend to use it.

It's not a bad argument and has a lot to recommend it.

#7 Redwood Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

3rd person view is for MMOs, not for a FPS style game. How would you aim, since there's no "auto lock on weapons" function (which would be total cheese in any case...imagine never missing with an AC20 so long as there is no intervening terrain...)

#8 Mahnmut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostRedwood Elf, on 29 July 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

3rd person view is for MMOs, not for a FPS style game. How would you aim, since there's no "auto lock on weapons" function (which would be total cheese in any case...imagine never missing with an AC20 so long as there is no intervening terrain...)

Maybe you missed it, but 3rd person is coming. Many don't like it (including me) but we will have to live with it.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users