Centurion's Arm Hitboxes Do Not Dissapear After They Are Destroyed.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

The round shoulder joint, on the centurion still counts as attached arm hitbox, even if the arms are destroyed.
meaning it will also reduce damage.

A centurion's
center torso takes
70 points of damage (tested using 14ML shots)

When shooting through the side torso it takes
155 damage to CT the centurion (only 50% of damage goes to the CT)

When shooting through the side torso's shoulder joint (ghost arm hitbox shown in red box) it takes
275 damage to kill the CT of the centurion (only 25% goes to CT)
Posted Image

Meaning if you shot a zombie Cent at just the right angle with an AC20. you do 5 damage.

as far as i know this does not occur on any other mech i've tested it on

Edited by Tennex, 30 July 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#2 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

This is a known and accepted feature of the centurion, its why they are so durable, the mechanics you described above are how dead hitboxes are intended to work. The centurion just benefits from larger than average arm hitboxes.

Many people want them reduced but its a feature of the cent, hard to kill.

#3 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

Should mechs come equipped with indestructible damage shields? Maybe they're made of the same stuff as buildings.

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostJammerben87, on 31 July 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

This is a known and accepted feature of the centurion, its why they are so durable, the mechanics you described above are how dead hitboxes are intended to work. The centurion just benefits from larger than average arm hitboxes.

Many people want them reduced but its a feature of the cent, hard to kill.

thats not true, i've tested this on a few mechs commando, cicada catapult, none of them have this 75% damage reduction mechanic.

if only a few select mechs get a 75% damage reduction, its clearly not working as intended

Edited by Tennex, 31 July 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#5 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

It helps Centurions (and they need all the help they can get until medium mech buffs come through) but it IS a bug and it SHOULD be corrected.

#6 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostTennex, on 31 July 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

thats not true, i've tested this on a few mechs commando, cicada catapult, none of them have this 75% damage reduction mechanic.

if only a few select mechs get a 75% damage reduction, its clearly not working as intended

To be fair the catapults arm hitboxes do not cover the side torso, and the others are tiny, can you try it on some of the other big mechs?

That's interesting, as far as I know you should have a damage reduction for each 'dead' structure your shot passes through to reach the centre torso, so the 75% reduction makes sense when shooting through the shoulder joint and the side torso, so it should happen to all mechs where the arm covers the side torso. Something's probably bugged somewhere, the rest of the game is so why not this...

#7 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

I always thought every 'mech got a stub where it's arm was when that arm was destroyed, and that the stub was a dead location that transferred only 50% to the torso if you hit it.

It's just that the Centurion's stub's are big.

#8 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Working as intended, Zombies ftw.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users