170 replies to this topic

#21 metathias

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Ok i do not run an AMD chipset. I have an older i7 920. And i also suffer from this new problem. Also uninstalling Avast is not solving my problem either. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and uninstalled several times now. Nothing new. So the current explanations are at least not entirely correct. I do have an AMD 7970 video card though. Which might be the real culprit. Or maybe its related to the Catalyst software.

#22 Qrbaza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Just saying but...

I have AMD cpu/gpu and Avast! AV and I dont have this issues? I think encouraging people to uninstall Antivirus protection from their computer is WRONG!

#23 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostQrbaza, on 31 July 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Just saying but...

I have AMD cpu/gpu and Avast! AV and I dont have this issues? I think encouraging people to uninstall Antivirus protection from their computer is WRONG!

PGI is not encouraging, it is a temporary workaround for those affected, and Avant! is not the only free antivirus program. They may also need feedback from those running Avant! (version) who are not affected and their system specs. They may have enough information to replicate the issue internally but the more information they have the better.

#24 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Ok, i have no Problem with this combination, neither with Avast! and the x4 975 nor the FX 8350 on Win7 x64.

#25 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

both AMD and Avast - but, I can wait to play. Why? Because PGI does want my money and having maybe half their player base not able to play makes the bottom line droop.

#26 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 31 July 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to just disable the AV software instead of just outright uninstalling (unless, disabling doesn't solve the problem at hand)?

Disable doesn't work, you have to totally uninstall.

View PostQrbaza, on 31 July 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Just saying but...

I uninstalled Avast! and guess what, I can launch MWO again.

#27 JACKACE

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Is there an estimated time that this issue may be resoled yet, or can something be rolled back because I bet this is affecting a significant portion of users at this time.

Edited by JACKACE, 31 July 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#28 Elfo

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Locationsomewhere from outta space

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

dudes, u just need to reinstall avast with the new client, that fixes the "please wait" issue in my case and hopefully also in yours ;P good hunting dudes, and learn to respect the zellbriggen ;)

#29 Silvercrest

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

I have found another solution to this problem. Instead of uninstalling and reinstalling Avast open Avast, go to settings and under the troubleshooting section uncheck the box for "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization". Then reboot and you should be able to launch MWO with no problems.

#30 TheBaptist

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

^^^
Someone get this man a cookie!!!

I can confirm that this does fix the issue and is actually a pretty good work around. It leaves AV coverage intact and only compromises the sandbox functionality, so don't go running any strange executables until Avast pumps out a fix to this and you should be fine!

Good work Silvercrest!

#31 Dragoon20005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

mods maybe just update the first post with the second workaround?

#32 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostSilvercrest, on 31 July 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

I have found another solution to this problem. Instead of uninstalling and reinstalling Avast open Avast, go to settings and under the troubleshooting section uncheck the box for "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization". Then reboot and you should be able to launch MWO with no problems.

Afaik is this the Default Setting...

#33 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostMuggins, on 31 July 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

updated.

@Thorqemada - the default setting for this option is ON from a fresh install.

Thx - i use it since Vista bcs no other did run with 64bit that time and many things have changed and came anew.
It works for me in both settings on and off - seems the GA990XA Chipset is unaffected.

Edited by Thorqemada, 31 July 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#34 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

In these days I was building a PC and I was willing to test the embedded hd 7600 in this AMD APU 5800k, but the game wouldn't patch, it was stuck on "please wait".

I've just read about the workaround of disabling the assisted hardware thing of avast, I rebooted, but nothing has changed. I'm still stuck @ patch starting, with the grey button "please wait" and nothing happens.

EDIT: nvm, the problem was that I carried over a mw folder from another PC and the path to the temp patch download directory wasn't the same, that's why it wasn't working. Looks clear now it's patching :)

Edited by John MatriX82, 01 August 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#35 kbilly

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

I have confirmed this works!

#36 GoldExile

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAntwerp, Belgium

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

View Postkbilly, on 01 August 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

I have confirmed this works!

will try this in 30 minutes when i am back home from work! i can't wait :) *runs the stalker over the company director's car* sorry urgent matter!

#37 Leshy3007

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

it works :wacko:

#38 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

However, malware can escape from their holding cell and wreak havoc.

I don't need to play that badly. Yet.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 01 August 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#39 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

+1
Best first post by a forum user ever.

#40 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

*applauds Silvercrest for finding a solution that doesn't involve the removal of one's antivirus suite. :)

Though, can we get an explanation from PGI of what, precisely, caused the issue in the first place, and why it affects only certain certain combinations of chipsets and antivirus suites? :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users