4 replies to this topic

#1 Diablobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

From what limited understanding I have of the Pareto Principle, it says that 20 percent of a customer base provides 80 percent of business to a company. In MWO, this 20 percent would be represented by the Founders and active forum participants who have voiced their concerns about 3rd Person View, or 3PV.

It sure seems that the overwhelming majority of these Pareto players are very opposed to 3PV. If these players become so disillusioned with the direction that the game is headed that they stop playing and/or spending money, then PGI has a serious problem. Businesses who poorly treat their Pareto customers seldom do well, and PGI should realize that they will be treating theirs badly if they continue with implementing 3PV.

#2 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

that's where test servers come into play, where one can test ones unfounded opinions before validating a true response to the issues.

#3 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

How many hours have they spent on 3PV that they didn't spend on new content that we all actually want?

#4 Sporklift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • LocationDecorah, Iowa

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 02 August 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

How many hours have they spent on 3PV that they didn't spend on new content that we all actually want?

The mechanics for it might have already been in there from the earliest build.

#5 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

in no way does active forum user translate into paying customer.

I'm sure there are lots of people who pay that dont post and that is the biggest hurdle active forum users have to face.
PIG knows where the moneys flowing from and has basically stopped responding to us. i believe they are making decision on the eb and flow the silent majority. when they drop PGI listens to the forum for clues as to why.

They will continue to scan whats being discussed and post on alts. but i dont think we will ever get active postings again by the devs except in the form of announcements or the vary rare post.

As a founder the pareto principle means that i represent 80 percent of the money and i think 3PV is a non issue. its needed to expand its potential customer base. that alone makes it worth something to me. will it give me a combat advantage yes, but less then seismic and everyone gets it for free

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users