Aren't There More Clans?

23 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainLentaro

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

I've played quite a few mechwarrior games, as well as read many of the novels, and Im positive there are more clans then just this. One I distinctly remember was clan Thunder Stallion, or something along those lines, who had a massive custom made mech that gave the clan its name, if anyone could bring light to this I would be greatful.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

sarna.net is not a perfect resource but it is generallly correct on things and has plenty of information on the many clans in the lore.

Quite a few are not represented in MWO (yet) because they were not in the initial invasion per se. What you see here are the original Crusader Clans who bid their way into the invasion.

#3 CaptainLentaro

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

alright, thank you for that, and will they ever be adding those little battle suits?

#4 Vorloki

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

18 clans total. Originally 20, 1 was annihilated, 1 was absorbed. A Thunder Stallion is a quad mech, common to the Hell's Horses clan. The 4 clans listed were the original invasion force, 2 Warden (Wolf and Ghost Bear) and 2 Crusader (Smoke Jags, Jade Falcons). After losses suffered once the clans hit the IS proper, the Steel Vipers and Nova Cats were activated to reinforce the Falcons and Jags respectively.

And I hope like heck they don't include elementals. Frankly, the Clans could stay in the Periphery and I'd be happy. NOT looking forward to facing clan tech.

#5 Vorloki

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

Wolf
Coyote
Jade Falcon
Ghost Bear
Star Adder
Goliath Scorpion
Blood Spirit
Cloud Cobra
Fire Mandrill
Steel Viper
Diamond Shark
Snow Raven
Smoke Jaguar
Nova Cat
Ice Hellion
Burrock
Mongoose (absorbed)
Wolverine (annihilated)
Hells Horses

and I cannot recall the last one.....

#6 CaptainLentaro

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

Thank you for your assistance, and clan tech sounds like a challenge to face, and id enjoy such a challenge.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

PGI has said no elementals/power armored infantry in the past, but that doesn't mean they won't change their mind. They've made it abundantly clear in their actions that they will often change their mind on a stance regarding gameplay issues.

#8 CaptainLentaro

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

Having elementals in this game would make it very much like the new xbox 1 game titanfall, where you have the tiny pilots and the massive titans, and it requires a combination of both to win a game.

It would also add a variety of gametype and map possibilites, as well as interesting strategies, like watching a pack of elementals dismantle and atlas.

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostCaptainLentaro, on 02 August 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Having elementals in this game would make it very much like the new xbox 1 game titanfall, where you have the tiny pilots and the massive titans, and it requires a combination of both to win a game.

It would also add a variety of gametype and map possibilites, as well as interesting strategies, like watching a pack of elementals dismantle and atlas.

So would adding any number of things (dropship modes, asymetric objective maps, APC's, tanks, aerospace fighters etc.). But for right now, that's PGI's stance on things.

#10 CaptainLentaro

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

makes me wish i could grab mechwarrior 2 lone wolf on my xbox :/

#11 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

Several Threads in this sewction cover allot of the information you are asking for.

Canon Clans

View PostNiko Snow, on 25 April 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Attention Sibko!

The only known Clans in BattleTech Canon during the current timeline include:
  • Clan Blood Spirit
  • Clan Burrock
  • Clan Cloud Cobra
  • Clan Coyote
  • Clan Diamond Shark (formerly Clan Sea Fox)
  • Clan Fire Mandrill
  • Clan Ghost Bear
  • Clan Goliath Scorpion
  • Clan Hell's Horses
  • Clan Ice Hellion
  • Clan Jade Falcon
  • Clan Nova Cat
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar
  • Clan Snow Raven
  • Clan Star Adder
  • Clan Steel Viper
  • Clan Wolf
Only those in Bold are known to be within preparation for Operation Revival.

The following Clan entities are also free for discussion
  • The Watch
  • Raven Alliance
The following Clans are Extinct in the current timeline:
  • Clan Mongoose
  • Clan Widowmaker
  • Clan Wolverine
The following Clans do NOT yet exist in the current timeline:
  • Clan Jade Wolf
  • Clan Stone Lion
  • Clan Wolf-in-Exile
Any other "Clans" will not be regarded as having bloodheritage, and will be regarded as Mercenary Corps until further notice. (We otherwise welcome Fan Fiction here.)

Thank you.

The Clan Invasion Route and Time Line

Also, During the Invasion Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Smoke Jaguar were considered Crusader Clans. Clan Wolf was the only Warden Clans. Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Wolf both change their "political alliance" in the future.

Clan Nova Cat is considered a Crusader Clan, Clan Diamond Shark and Clan Steel Viper is considered Warden Clan when they are brought into the invasion.

#12 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostVorloki, on 02 August 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

Wolf
Coyote
Jade Falcon
Ghost Bear
Star Adder
Goliath Scorpion
Blood Spirit
Cloud Cobra
Fire Mandrill
Steel Viper
Diamond Shark
Snow Raven
Smoke Jaguar
Nova Cat
Ice Hellion
Burrock
Mongoose (absorbed)
Wolverine (annihilated)
Hells Horses

and I cannot recall the last one.....

Clan Widowmaker (absorbed) <_<

#13 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 03 August 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Clan Widowmaker (absorbed) <_<

By the Clan Wolf.

Natasha Kerensky (born 2973 – died December 7th, 3057, aged 84 years), also known as The Black Widow, The Queen of Spades, and many other appellations, was a trueborn MechWarrior from Clan Wolf, although there are hints that she can trace some of her ancestry back to former members of Clan Widowmaker.

#14 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostCaptainLentaro, on 02 August 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

alright, thank you for that, and will they ever be adding those little battle suits?

MechWarrior: Living Legends has the battlearmours and so much more

In 3050, there are only 17 Clans left of the 20 original Clans (and Sea Fox had changed to Diamond Shark) - Wolverine, Mongoose and Widowmaker were gone by the year 2870.

and FWIW, Any non-Battletech Milieu "Clan" should properly be called a team or guild in MW:O. However, if one absolutely needs to use "clan" in the team's name, place it at the end of the name, like "The Fluffy Bunny Clan" vice "Clan Fluffy Bunny". This assures adherence to the Canon and will minimize trolling by Hardcore BT/MW fans.

#15 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostVorloki, on 02 August 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

18 clans total. Originally 20, 1 was annihilated, 1 was absorbed. A Thunder Stallion is a quad mech, common to the Hell's Horses clan. The 4 clans listed were the original invasion force, 2 Warden (Wolf and Ghost Bear) and 2 Crusader (Smoke Jags, Jade Falcons). After losses suffered once the clans hit the IS proper, the Steel Vipers and Nova Cats were activated to reinforce the Falcons and Jags respectively.

And I hope like heck they don't include elementals. Frankly, the Clans could stay in the Periphery and I'd be happy. NOT looking forward to facing clan tech.

Ghost bear is actually a crusader Clan at this point in the timeline, only after Operation Revival do they get their heads screwed on properly ;)

#16 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

And don't forget Clan Nova Cat changes their stance and becomes Warden as well!

#17 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

these guys are all wrong. I destroyed the rest of the clans with one falcon punch

#18 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostZerberus, on 03 August 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Ghost bear is actually a crusader Clan at this point in the timeline, only after Operation Revival do they get their heads screwed on properly ;)

Actually it was more when ilKhan Leo Showers was killed on board the Direwolf. The rough year it took to return to elect a new ilKhan, with the fact we had two new Khans Aletha Kabrinski and Bjorn Jorgensson both who views were much more warden, did we start to shift. Tukayyid was the final realization for those staunch crusaders within the Ghost Bears. Of course we do still have a number of Crusaders in Ghost Bear.

#19 Steampunhk

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostCaptainLentaro, on 02 August 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

makes me wish i could grab mechwarrior 2 lone wolf on my xbox :/

MechASSAULT 2: Lone wolf?

#20 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Only 5 Clans originally invade the Inner Sphere and since on the timeline we are in the early part of the invasion, they are the only ones represented on the forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users