Mulit-Buttoned Mice, Yeah!

16 replies to this topic

#1 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

I finally settled on the 13 button Corsair M90. I love this mouse except that MWO will not recognize clicks from 8 of these buttons in game or in chat.
YES, I have tried every possible way to bind the buttons.
Yes, the macros and keystroke work in windows, notepad and other software.
So my questions are:
1. Do you use a mouse, in MWO, that has more then 5 buttons?
2. What mouse is it? The Raser Naga, Logitec g600mmo, Nostromos, logitec g700....?

3. How did you get all the buttons to work, Keystroke or Macros?

4. Do you recommend it this mouse?

I should mention that changing DPI does not count as a mouse click because the onboard memory in the mouse is responsible for that function not MWO. ( <b>Yes</b> I did try using the onboard memory to store the keystrokes and macros but they still did not work, Believe me I have spent 6 hours on this issue.)

I am willing to take back the M90 I just want to make sure that next mouse I get is multi-buttoned and all buttons are compatible with MWO.

What say you fellow Mechbros?

#2 smugla

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNagoya Japan

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

have you looked at Roccat they are a German company and there macro software kit will allow you to customize your keyboard and mouse to the exact keys you want not to mention the time between the buttons, i use the isku keyboard and Kone pure mouse and you can pair them together for great results.

check out the reviews on you tube and other top hardware review websites,its the best hardware other than Logitech in my opinion

i have more than 30 key preprogrammed for MWO and other games not to mention one button typing phrases like "good luck and have fun"

hope i helped?

#3 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

This is getting slightly annoying.
I have tried to help you in previous threads, but you have not answered my questions. I took the time to write out an explanation of how "extra" mice buttons work, and a way to work out what your problem was, but you did not reply.

Edited by evilC, 05 August 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#4 Native

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

^
|
this guy is right... I have a Razor mouse, used the included software to create a profile to bind scroll wheel to number keys
works like a charm

#5 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

I tried using a Naga for a while. The thing I noticed about the layout of the thumb buttons was that they're tiny and hard to distinguish from one another. I tried using the texture stickers they include, but the glue backing on them gets warm from your body heat during extended use and melts, allowing the little raised bumpy stickers to slide and fall off. Couple that with thick callouses from work and I couldn't tell what button was what. I'm still looking for something with larger, more individually spaced buttons that my thumb can recognize by my admittedly limited sense of feeling.

#6 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Helsbane,
I can heavily recommend the Logitech G700s.
The shaping on the buttons is truly excellent, you can totally identify which button is which by feel.
The top buttons are all shaped differently, and the side buttons are arranged such that you can sit your thumb in the middle of them and use them almost like a d-pad.

#7 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostevilC, on 05 August 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

This is getting slightly annoying. I have tried to help you in previous threads, but you have not answered my questions. I took the time to write out an explanation of how "extra" mice buttons work, and a way to work out what your problem was, but you did not reply.

Sorry i didn't answer back but I tried your way and I still got no button recognition even in the chat lines with a keystroke or a macro, through the software or throught the mouse on board memory, taking out macro delays and joystick mapping.
I have a Logitect 700 on order because you recomended it in the last post that i didn't respond to.
I appreciate your time and honesty Thank you evilC.

Yeah I really thought about the Naga and the Logitect 600MMO but it seemed like a lot of buttons to close.
I am entertaining the idea of the Nostromos.

I guys thank you for your input and I will let you know how my Logitec 700g works out.

#8 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

1. Do you use a mouse, in MWO, that has more then 5 buttons?
2. What mouse is it? The Raser Naga, Logitec g600mmo, Nostromos, logitec g700....?

3. How did you get all the buttons to work, Keystroke or Macros?

4. Do you recommend it this mouse?

1. Technically, yes.

Posted Image
2. Razer Taipan. Wanted to get the Naga Hex, but couldn't find it as a lefty-version. The Taipan is truly ambidextrous plus it not as "lumpy" as most of the other gaming mice are. I prefer a big-ish mouse, and am more of a "palm"-type of guy, but don't like the oversized ones that seem to be en vogue these days.

3. I have four side-buttons (two on each side) and two DPI-switches on top. All buttons except LMB are programmable via the horrible Razer Synapse thing. When I say horrible, that refers mostly to the fact that it's a cloud based mouse-driver/utility-SW (WTF?). Installing it took forever plus Razer make you agree to them collecting all sorts of info and and handing said info over to 3rd parties. Problem is that if you don't use it, the Taipan will only work as a generic mouse. All that said: Once installed, it works like a charm and doesn't seem to give me any trouble.

I'm using a variety of profiles with different Macros assigned to them - depending on what I'm driving. Switching on the fly is dead easy (takes no more than 2 mouseclicks).

Examples:
- "press and hold down"-function-macro which I'm using as on/off switch for my TAG-laser. Macro done as a keystroke thing (fire weapon group 4 with TAG set to group 4 in-game ("K"), set macro to "playback until button is pressed again")
- "switch firing selector down and right"-macro for my 5/6xAC2 Jäger .. :) (inspired by Mack's Dakka-Dakka!-video :D). This also is a macro playing keystrokes (selector down/right, fire selected group)

4. I'd definetly recommend it. Upgrading to this mouse (and a new Razer Vespula mouse-pad) was like stepping into another world. I've been using mice since the late 80s, and this is one of the few I've used that doesn't feel awkward for a lefty. Looks cool, handles very smoothly and the quality seems to be top notch. Don't really need the 8000 dpi capability (if anything, I need more control, not speed :D), but I can see why some guys would want that function. Would be cool if I could figure out a way to map "toggle zoom" and "lower/raise DPI" to a single button.

Not too unhappy about the lack of more side buttons, since I also run a Corsair K90 with tons of macro-keys that I intend to use for secondary functions - still working on an on/off-macro to enable permanent friendly icons for example.

S.

Edited by 1Sascha, 05 August 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#9 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

I posted what to do next in the other thread - best to keep all the info in one place...

#10 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

I love my Razer Hex and my Razer Tron keyboard (which Is so big that It could put a whole through the wall If thrown lol). I just use the Razer Synapse application to macro everything I need on my mouse. It works for me, but maybe not everyone would like It. It's all about whats comfortable for you!

#11 BlackJackRaider

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 84 posts
  • LocationThe nordic hinterland of the Midwest

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

I second what Evil said about the Logitech G700. Great mouse, decent software utility, profiles on other games are occasionally glitchy, but I very rarely have trouble with MWO (as in once or twice since I got the mouse in Dec).

I also find it to be very comfortable and the perfect number of buttons (I don't play MMOs or MOBAs, so I don't need quite as many buttons as some).

#12 nemesis271989

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 239 posts
  • LocationDunno

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

G 700s That's My answer I got this ) and recommend to get this ))))

#13 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostevilC, on 05 August 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Helsbane,
I can heavily recommend the Logitech G700s.
The shaping on the buttons is truly excellent, you can totally identify which button is which by feel.
The top buttons are all shaped differently, and the side buttons are arranged such that you can sit your thumb in the middle of them and use them almost like a d-pad.

Much Thanks evilC - I'll have to give that one a look. :)

#14 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

So far I've had 0 issues with the Logitech G700, and I know the G700s works identically as a friend has it and all the same bindings work the same way.

The mouse has enough buttons to map all 6 fire groups with a couple left over for things like IE:
advanced zoom, or chainfire toggle, missle bay door button, etc.

Remapping the buttons works without a hitch(I have the G software installed, but all saved to the mouse), however I have not used macros, nor would I...too ***** lazy for me. Anyway...the DPI buttons I wouldn't recommend remapping unless you really need them. I just thought about what controls needed the most attention during combat and mapped them.

I can also say, that from experience with my wife's Corsair keyboard and it's software....Corsair has a long way to go before their stuff is 100% stable...but all of us should be used to that scenario....amiright? lolz

#15 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

For those not in the know, the only real difference between the G700 and the G700s is that the G700 has a slight flaw - the G10 button often sticks, and the battery life can suck (I think because G10 is always on, draining battery).
If you call Logitech and tell them this, they will swap out your G700 for a G700s.

#16 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

The Naga Hex was like, invented for this game.

#17 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

View PostDocBach, on 06 August 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

The Naga Hex was like, invented for this game.

If you like firing with your thumb, yeah.
For those of us that like firing with index or middle fingers though, not so much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users