Any Macro-Experts Out There?

5 replies to this topic

#1 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

I'm trying to set up one of my Corsair K90's makro-keys to simulate a "press and hold" of Q to be able to play with friendly icons always on.

The macro seems to work (sort of) since I'm getting a nice string of "q"s in the chat buffer in-game. However: It doesn't seem to work for the intended function. Meaning: The icons don't come up when I activate the key - they don't even flash or anything.

I've tried numerous things:

Recorded a "press Q - hold for .005s - release Q"-macro, set it to "continuous playback until key is hit again" (on/off-switch basically).

Then I deleted the hold and release lines from the macro, leaving just the "press Q"-command.

Then I re-added the pause/hold function but didn't add the release-one

Next I lengthened the pause to 5 seconds.

Still... no joy.

Anyone got any tips for me or knows what I'm doing wrong?

Oh yeah: And there's a tick-box in the macro-recorder labelled "hardware-playback" (or something like that.. using the German translated version of the Corsair-SW and it might be a bad translation). When I activate this I get a warning telling me that this function will playback the macros that I've recently recorded on the keyboard. Whatever that means ...

S.

#2 FriscoeHotsauce

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

Have you tried the program X-padder? It's like $10, and you can pretty easily set up some keyboard functions as well if I'm not mistaken. If you're using a peripheral, it should work. Other than that, I am not familiar with the Corsair, so my recommendation would be X-Padder (just Google it) and see if it supports what you need.

Edited by Flavious59, 05 August 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#3 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I *think*, the recorder/Corsair-SW works alright... I think my problem is that I'm doing something wrong with the macro's syntax (call it a "user error") :P

S.

Edited by 1Sascha, 05 August 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#4 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Make sure your individual keystrokes that are being chained together are at least 50ms each. If the keypresses are less than that, MWO tends to ignore them...

A keypress event acts as if it's being constantly held once the delay between repeating keystrokes is the same or less than the length of the keystrokes. 50ms keystrokes need a 50ms or less delay between them or they will not count as a sustained keypress.

#5 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Unfortunately I do not know anything about corsair software so I cannot help you there, but I am very experienced in writing macros for MWO using AutoHotkey, so one way or another I can solve this problem.

My Fire Control app (See sig) has code to handle toggles, however it is geared towards weapon toggles (ie holding 1-6), so in order to use it for what you wish you would have to do one of two things:
EITHER:
Map your "Show names" key to a number between 1 and 6 and then set the "Weapon Toggle Group" dropdown in Fire Control to that number.
OR
Edit the Fire Control macro and change the following line (Should be line 73 or thereabouts):
ADHD.gui_add("DropDownList", "WeaponToggle", "xp+120 yp-2 W50", "None|1|2|3|4|5|6", "None")
to:
ADHD.gui_add("DropDownList", "WeaponToggle", "xp+120 yp-2 W50", "None|1|2|3|4|5|6|q", "None")
(only change is adding |q to the end of the list of options for the dropdown)
This will add Q to the list of keys available to the Weapon Toggle function.

For the second method to work, you would need to be running the AHK version of Fire Control, not the EXE version. For instructions on getting that working, see the second post in the Fire Control thread.

#6 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

A keypress event acts as if it's being constantly held once the delay between repeating keystrokes is the same or less than the length of the keystrokes. 50ms keystrokes need a 50ms or less delay between them or they will not count as a sustained keypress.

Ahhh.. that's helpful info right there - I wasn't aware of that.

Posted Image

You mean like this? Meaning 50ms delay on both the keystroke and on the "fixed macro delay time"?

BTW: Can anyone tell me how to upload pics to this forum's "my media" thing? Can't seem to find an upload button... or is this function disabled?

S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users