Rat7 Profile Woes.

3 replies to this topic

#1 SURUBAMAN

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

I have previously successfully bound button 3 (scroll wheel) to a macro for triple AC2s. Today I tried to get my timing down on UAC5s at 1.1 sec. I downloaded the latest profile editor and now I can't get ANY macro binding to work. In any text box, I can get button 3 to punch 2,2,2,2,etc in 1.1 sec intervals, but in game? Nothing.

I tried reverting to a previous version of the Cyborg Profile editor, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some change in the latest patch that prevents mouse binding/macro from working?

#2 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Maybe PGI finally took the initiative to stop macros xD

#3 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

First off, have you seen my Fire Control macro? See sig.
Second, there are a number of things which can stop MWO processing keystrokes:
1) Key is held for less than 50ms. There must be 50ms between key down and key up. You can detect if this is the case by using the add friend interface. If you can get a macro to type letters in the "Add Friend" box, but the keys do not work in game, then this is your issue.
2) Sending app is not running as admin. MWO runs as admin, so all apps trying to send it keys must also be admin. Either that or turn UAC off in windows.

Edited by evilC, 10 August 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#4 SURUBAMAN

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Thank you, evilC. #1 did it. I added a little delay on the release. All is well. Thanks, brother.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users