How Do You Prevent Whole Teams From Ruining Your Match?

31 replies to this topic

#1 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Airport Hilton

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Serious question. How do you counter, or balance out 9 mechs chasing after a jenner while 5 atlas just walk across the map to your base?

Teammates are the most OP thing in the game right now.

#2 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

You kill the jenner to redirect the pack. Thats what alphas are for. See what i did there?

#3 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Carry hard.

#4 Tor6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Chase the jenner too! Maybe it's full of candy.

#5 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Shoot the Atlases and run away. They just might chase long enough for the Benny Hill line to end.

#6 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Use text chat, ask the atlases to stop chasing the squirrel.
Kill the Jenner yourself (requires that you be able to kill the Jenner yourself)
Stand between the enemy and the atlases, and ping one of them in the back, lightly. B)

#7 GODzillaGSPB

• 2,029 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostGingerBang, on 12 August 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Serious question. How do you counter, or balance out 9 mechs chasing after a jenner while 5 atlas just walk across the map to your base?

While I do know what you're talking about, you should not judge that quickly. This single jenner might relate LRM targeting information for 11 enemy mechs. Killing the spotters sometimes is THE most important thing to do, because you can't just stay in cover for the whole match...

#8 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

chase the squirrel too. i'd rather stay alive with the pack and lose than die alone (in a vain attempt to defend base) and lose.

integrated voip would likely help herd pugs.

#9 Purlana

• 1,647 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Just kill them all and let the salvage crew sort out the mess.

#10 Oriius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Patience, a non threatening but commanding attitude, a keyboard and the willingness to lead.

#11 Rippthrough

• Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

Kill all the atlas'.

With Machine Guns.

They're OP you know.

#12 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

I rush the enemy team alone. I die trying, not tired.

#13 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Pull back till they are done chasing. Maybe toss in a line "Squirrel". Have had to spend many games walking backwards to base trying to slow down the enemy advance till some of my team come to their senses. Seriously if you haven't come up to the counter to stupid yet in this game there might be an unpleasant reason.

#14 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Sigh...

Young mechwarrior, you cannot control the whims of the senseless anymore than you can stop the wind from blowing east.

So much frustration in this one... so much anger. B)

#15 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostGingerBang, on 12 August 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Don't click Ready or Launch.

Problem non-existent.

#16 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'm with Stoicblitzer. Stick with the pack, as that gives you your only real chance of having a fun fight. After killing the Jenner, go find the rest of the enemy team that the Atlases abandoned and kill them, too. And if the Atlases cap your base, so what? Win-loss record is as meaningless as ELO.

#17 Ralgas

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

hit and fade on the atlases in a vain attempt to get them to squirrel you, call em and hope someone actually listens.

As God does point out though, in the matchup at that level where lrms do get taken lights are a pain in the butt that need squashing if you don't want to run that same match with half the squirrel team down before you even start fighting

Edit: Would love to see what would happen if they threw win/loss out the window for a week and just let same elo fight in their respective brackets at this point. Ofc then you'd have the bottom of the higher brackets crying because they were only there on chese and having a hard time of it vs the top of said bracket. And it'd likely make the wait times on the top brackets worse

Edited by Ralgas, 12 August 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#18 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

I recommend writing in team chat, telling your teammates to stop. Write in Caps lock, preferably with a lot of exclamation marks to drive the point home.
If it doesn't work, keep writing in Caps lock and throw a few insults in there.

When your team inevitably loses, end the match by writing in public chat to announce that your team was to blame, preferably in a somewhat sarcastic and noticeably bitter fashion.

Also, point out how much damage you did, if you did a lot. If you did less damage than the other guys on your team, don't mention it. It was their fault anyway.

#19 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

My experience is that I wouldn't have to shoot at a Jenner that's been chewing up my back armor, if my Jenner would take care of him for me. But my Jenner is usually off doing something stupid, already committed suicide, disconnected, etc. So my choices are chase the Jenner, or let him chew through a back plate while I ignore him.

#20 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Problem is half the time most of them ignore chat as well.

I had a drop on Toumaline in the last couple days where we chatted that half the enemy team was pushing through F7 while the "Pug Blob" on our team was at F6. Not only did they not turn to engage the enemy, they pushed on despite many warnings that they were now surrounded. The three or four of us in lights/mediums that tried to stem the tided got bulldozed. I managed to break off - cored out and smoking - and at least lived long enough to see the fools surrounded and gunned down (took about 1 minute and a half).

Then today on Canyon I warned the blob that there was two Atlas and 2 heavies coming in on their flank. What did they do - they pushed on after a heavy and a couple smaller mechs. Ran right past the OP-FOR. I ran past the blob and let them start getting shot in the back - this tuerned them around where four messages didn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users