Question About Owned Mechs And Efficiencies

6 replies to this topic

#1 Empanada

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

At the moment I have 3 Blackjacks (-1, -1DC and -3). For the last two I have unlocked all the basic efficiencies, and for the -1DC I have just a little over 21,000 XP available. I would like to know if I can unlock the elite efficiencies (since I already have the necessary XP points) of the -1DC after selling it.

I would sell it for making space for a CN-9A and -9D (assuming you can unlock efficiencies of previously owned mechs), because in the past I owned the -9AL and is in the same situation as the -1DC, having all the basic efficiencies and 21,000+ XP on that chassis.

Edited by Empanada, 06 August 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#2 DOTSGEMINI

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

You have to own the mech to be able to elite it. If you have previously purchased a mech, you dont lose experience on it

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

You can only spend xp of/on Mechs you own. Means you sell a mech you ceep all unlocks and xp you had earned on this mech but you cant spend / change them anymore as soon as the mech is out of your mechlab.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

As someone who owns or owned 60+ mechs, I can tell you that you have to complete basics while owning the mech and 'acquire' at least one elite level perk. After that you can sell it off and still work on the elites using the other mechs you like without problems.

#5 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

In other words - you can only spend the xp while you actually own the mech - but you do not lose the xp for selling the mech

You just have to re-buy the mech to spend the xp.

#6 Empanada

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the help.

#7 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Remember that all three of your variants have to have all the basics unlocked. You mentioned that two of your variants have all the basics, what about the third?

And you have to have three variants of it's weight class have all elites unlocked to get master level unlocked. So unless you have another Medium mech with all elites unlocked you may want to keep all your Blackjacks until they are Elited-out.

Edited by Johnny Marek Summers, 09 August 2013 - 06:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users