29 replies to this topic

#1 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

Yep, just looked and we need only 441 more donations to reach $100 grand.

That is just amazing and I think we can reach it.

Congrats to all that have supported this and I'm sure her family is overwhelmed with the magnitude of support from our small community.

9,559 Jenners with baidaids on the knee are running around. 10,000 here we come.

I'll be buying a second for another account this weekend.

#2 Kasiagora

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 620 posts
  • LocationIf not the mechbay then the battlefield!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

I think we'll have no problem reaching $100,000 by the 20th, but even so there should be a milestone when it happens. Like PGI gives us little cancer ribbon cockpit items or something. I mean, Seeing how far we've come in our donations I think that another... $4,310 in thirteen days will be a walk in the park, but at the beginning I never though that our community could have raised so much money. I didn't know there were that many of us here! My honest guess at the beginning was around $45,000.

So! Cancer ribbons for cockpits! Let's get on it! :(

Edit: And pat ourselves on the back when it happens!

Edited by Kasiagora, 07 August 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#3 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

How about a pink cockpit windshield with a darker pink ribbon which be also transparent embalmed on the side like stained glass but in this case stained transparent aluminum?

Or a pink Jenner Statue with a pink ribbon tied to one of it's legs as a standing or a hanging pink Jenner Statue held up by the pink ribbon.

Edited by Zarla, 07 August 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#4 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Let go for the 100K achievement the cure for cancer could be 10 bucks away.

#5 BlueVisionWarrior Online

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • Locationmaking clicking noises behind you

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Smurfin for the win! Another Sarah's mech I shall have! (also a funsies account I can beef up and get friends to play the game with since trials are soooooo baaaaddd)

#6 DarkDevilDancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

I was happy to contribute and it made me proud that the community gave this their whole hearted support.

I think we could make this a yearly event, pick a charity we can all get behind and release something not necessarily a mech it could be a decal or cockpit item.

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Looks like you really got 'em good, Sarah.

#8 FearTheAmish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostZarla, on 07 August 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

How about a pink cockpit windshield with a darker pink ribbon which be also transparent embalmed on the side like stained glass but in this case stained transparent aluminum?

Or a pink Jenner Statue with a pink ribbon tied to one of it's legs as a standing or a hanging pink Jenner Statue held up by the pink ribbon.

while i admire this idea the pink ribbon is breast cancer and i don't think that is what sarah had.

EDIT: just checked its a yellow ribbon

Edited by FearTheAmish, 07 August 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#9 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

The Yellow Daffodil is the international symbol for the fight against Cancer.

Perhaps a small cockpit item based on this?

#10 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

Great to see all these Mechwarriors donating for a good cause. Sometimes this community can really unite behind the right thing.

#11 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostKasiagora, on 07 August 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

I think we'll have no problem reaching $100,000 by the 20th, but even so there should be a milestone when it happens. Like PGI gives us little cancer ribbon cockpit items or something. I mean, Seeing how far we've come in our donations I think that another... $4,310 in thirteen days will be a walk in the park, but at the beginning I never though that our community could have raised so much money. I didn't know there were that many of us here! My honest guess at the beginning was around $45,000.

So! Cancer ribbons for cockpits! Let's get on it! :)

Edit: And pat ourselves on the back when it happens!

I would prefer pink paint to show our support on other mechs.

#12 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostVoidsinger, on 07 August 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Either a hanging daffodil medallion or a potted daffodil plant to sit on your console. I vote for the hanging medallion, personally, as Sarah's Jenner is currently the home of my coconut monkey bobblehead and I'd like to have a hanging item to add to it instead. (Been tempted to pick up a peace symbol medallion specially for the Jenner but haven't decided yet.)

#13 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:18 AM

Honestly, I did try to buy the mech for charity, but the 3rd party payment system really doesn't like the fact that I'm an American, with American bank accounts and credit cards, living in Russia.

#14 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

View PostVoidsinger, on 07 August 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

good cause but please no more wasted efforts on cockpit items pwease. unless all proceeds go to cancer resherch t0o.

#15 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

How is "Get 'em Good" not an (un)official tagline for the game?

#16 DarkDevilDancer

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 08 August 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

Honestly, I did try to buy the mech for charity, but the 3rd party payment system really doesn't like the fact that I'm an American, with American bank accounts and credit cards, living in Russia.

Did you try going through PayPal? My brother is an Englishman living in California and he has the same issue with his English bank account.

#17 Ralgas

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 08 August 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

I'd say that's probably more your card company being cautious over phising......

#18 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

Less than $3000 to go!!!!

Edited by RussianWolf, 08 August 2013 - 04:58 AM.

#19 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostDarkDevilDancer, on 08 August 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

Did you try going through PayPal? My brother is an Englishman living in California and he has the same issue with his English bank account.

I've lived in Moscow for three years now. I tried using PayPal, and they denied that as well. Paypal sent me a notification a transaction was being processed, but PGI's partner immediately denied the transaction.

I've already faxed these mentally challenged people my driver's license and passport in the past, so I could verify my ID in order to buy MC. I'm not going to do it again. None of the details have changed. My bank knows exactly where I am, and they've authorized purchases from here. These stupid payment vendors though are mostly automated to the point of retardation.

#20 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 09 August 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

I've lived in Moscow for three years now. I tried using PayPal, and they denied that as well. Paypal sent me a notification a transaction was being processed, but PGI's partner immediately denied the transaction.

I've already faxed these mentally challenged people my driver's license and passport in the past, so I could verify my ID in order to buy MC. I'm not going to do it again. None of the details have changed. My bank knows exactly where I am, and they've authorized purchases from here. These stupid payment vendors though are mostly automated to the point of retardation.

I've had this same issue(though not from Russia). It's an issue with this specific third party provider as I've used PayPal for other online shopping.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users