30 replies to this topic

#21 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 08 August 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

For the most part it seems like the fix is more of an optimization patch for lower end system that allow them to reduce even more of their fidelity and effects so that the game can be made more playable for them rather than a overall fix for the FPS loss in general.

Like Viktor says - culling graphics detail in order to make the game more playable is NOT a fix - it's a cop-out by not fixing the underlying issue - in that baseline people have experienced lower and severe dips in FPS since 12v12.

PGI, please participate with NVidia on their regular beta driver updates and provide optimisations too - during the last several updates (I can't ever remember seeing MWO mentioned) - there were none for MWO.

If other games can do it, why not MWO? If someone like me who runs a Titan are experiencing problems - providing a fix to cull detail isn't going to fix the problem.

The graphics problem were so bad at one point I started seeing rubberbanding again everywhere especially lights.

#22 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostRoland, on 08 August 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

The new hotfix seems to have improved things for me quite a bit.

Same here. Well done PGI for a step in the right direction. KUTGW
=H=

#23 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostPrimetimex, on 08 August 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Like Viktor says - culling graphics detail in order to make the game more playable is NOT a fix - it's a cop-out by not fixing the underlying issue - in that baseline people have experienced lower and severe dips in FPS since 12v12.

This is not what was done, the options added were in addition to the main code change to address the damage texture issue, to help provide further options for min spec users.

#24 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

I saw minimal FPS drops on my GTX 560, still plugging away around 60 on high settings. Excited to see the hotfix when I get home given the reports of improvements

#25 Roburn Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

On my low end system I have seen a massive improvement. I have gone from 10 - 20 FPS to 30 - 55 FPS :( Even Forest Colony and Frozen City are working great!

#26 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm back to 8v8 levels of FPS, maybe a couple frames better.

@ those crying about reduced quality to increase performance:
Correcting an error in damage textures doesn't seem like a quality reduction and, I don't know about anyone else, but I never considered damage glow to add to the visual quality of the game. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'm happy for the option to turn it off, regardless of performance.

#27 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Helped me to I can play on medium settings again. Glad they got it fixed or mostly fixed fast. Also like having the option to turn off glow.

#28 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

Well anyways, can we just have wireframes like graphics like the one in MW2 where it's tron-like and very easy to see in the dark?

#29 Sauce Tomate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

My FPS is better than it was pre-12v12!!! Thanks!!! I was freaking out the other day.

View PostPrimetimex, on 09 August 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Well anyways, can we just have wireframes like graphics like the one in MW2 where it's tron-like and very easy to see in the dark?

Clan Tech?

#30 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

Tested, run higher than 60 FPS on high settings, generally around 100 running low settings. Very good hotfix

#31 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

My frame rate went down with the initial 12v12 patch, but it seems like it was restored by this hot fix. Maybe slightly worse than with 8v8 but that's expected...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users