6 replies to this topic

#1 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

I'm a massive fan and supporter of this game because through the ups and downs its been Fun.

Now I'm just grinding for C-Bills to buy Mechs... Granted I should have saved some, but when I'm bored of one I sell it and buy a new one to play with. Helps to keep the game fresh in my eyes, plus I've only 6 mech bays as they cost real cash.

But playing now is fun and all, 12 vs 12 has created some mad games of mayhem for me which has been great. But to finnish a match with 3-4 kills, 6-8 assists, and walk away with 120,000 bills (Non premium) is absolutely rubbish and depressing.

Its like my Panzer in WoT that STILL has 50,000xp to go "out of what 120,000" before the Panzer II... I've been having the occasional match just to keep it ticking over as I'm bored of looking at it. Thats been 2 freaking years.
WoT looks pretty and sounds nice, the physics is ok and every now and then I'll have a go just for that reason.

MWO is the Funnest game I've played for a while, but this Reward system needs sorting ASAP. Don't punnish the Non Premium time loyal fans who play when they can... We need to compete too PGI, hell a Large Lazer costs 200,000 thats 1 +1/2 wins vs 4-8 bad matches just for that ONE weapon. Let alone the End game Modules 6,000,000 for some of them and that works out to 50 really good games for that module or 150 bad matches..

Please sort it out, its not very fun anymore.

#2 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

I do have to agree with you on this one. One of the biggest differences between the 2 is that in MWO it doesn't take a long time to be able to modify your ride. I still go back to WoT from time to time but overall MWO is just more fun B). Plus it's Mechwarrior!!!!

#3 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

With the addition of 3PV, first match of the day bonuses, pricing, and decreased usefulness of lights vs. assaults in skilled hands at higher tier I am beginning to see a few similarities. But hey, good artists copy, great artist steal.

#4 Mystery_Poison

• Pip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

I agree with you on many points. In World of Tanks you have parallel linear progression; you follow a progression of tanks from tank 1 to tank 10. Many times you do no thave a choice in the matter of how you get from 1 to 10 and end up using tanks you have no desire to use. It is simply a means to an end and ceases to be fun for me very fast (french tanks, ugh). MWO is based around non linear progression, you can work towards whatever mech you want while piloting any mech of your choice.

That aspect of MWO appeals to me heavily, but keep in mind the heart of mechwarrior is experimentation and by lowering the rate of earnings the player's ability to experiment is hindered. Nevermind players like me who have very little and are put off by the sheer amount of time required to achieve anything substantial. I have no problem with MC purchases for cosmetic items, useful premium time, or even hero mechs though I do think the camo and hero mechs are too expensive. I will never pay for a mech you can earn via Cbills nor will I trade my MC for Cbills if that were even allowed.

If I found I needed to directly purchase content that can be unlocked through playing then I would simply have to stop playing. For me personally that is an indicator that I would have to waste an unreasonable amount of time for very little pleasure. This is not the only delivery system for entertainment, it must compete with everything else in this world that could possibly entertain its playerbase.

On a side note, I do not post, ever; I am a hardcore lurker. This is my third post in a day and I am now wearing torn purple shorts.

Edited by Exxen, 08 August 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#5 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

And in Tanks you need much more Credits and XP to reach the next Unit than in MWO

#6 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

I could not even get past tier 3 in WoT ;)

#7 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

new system hurts new players who do not have funds built up. its for that new player experience that MWO is so great at:P

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users