48 replies to this topic

#1 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

I was looking through BT and MechWarrior art and drawings and I wondered how many MWO players would like a real Character in MWO to get a bit more into the MechWarrior BattleTech universe and maybe more Role-play? of course missions and other things might be needed also but it would be fun. One of my finest things to do is make my own characters in STO-StarTrekOnline a MWO character creator like there's would be super cool and let new players have a better look at what the BattleTech Universe really is. I would join the 10th lyran guards for one of these gals. Posted Image

#2 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

What's about family and kids in MWO?

#3 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostWarge, on 09 August 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

I'm sure they can make their own characters as well :).

#4 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostWarge, on 09 August 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 09 August 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

I'm sure they can make their own characters as well :).

Im sure the whole family would enjoy making there own characters as well. :) :D Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

I understand Wargey's comment, I was just being a smartass :). I think when people get into overcensorship mode, it can kill inspiration and move us away from the intent of the thread.

I think making characters is a good idea (roleplay is up to the player(s)), as long as they implement ejection seats and can have us run around and get stomped or shot on the ground. I contributed to a tread like this and although I wouldn't want to program it, I think it would add a nice depth to the game (within reason).

As long as the avatars aren't running around nude or semi-nude (or in definite bad taste) then why not.

#6 Krixic

• Pip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

I would love to have my own character in MWO and then they could add a space ship that you when you log on you are in your room. Then you can visit your merc mates for when CW comes out or you can go to your hanger and look at your mechs with a person perspective and be like "that's a big mech"..... It would be awesome if the had the creation like EVE. I spent 2 hours making my character in EVE, but that probably a lot to ask for. EVE has a very in depth characters creation. But if MWO did have character creation, they could sell more cosmetics. I hope they keep the color pallet for free though, But I would throw all my money at it anyways.

#7 Deathsiege

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationBay Area CA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

I would like player housing with a garage to park my mech in. Also, I would like a special mech that shot a laser that rezzed other players. BUT THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

#8 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Well the truth is CryEngine3 had it all included Character Creation-Buildings for mechs-Shops to buy items and black-market parts-ETC.It was Russ and Brians ambitions to have just a pure PVP MechWarrior game for profit and it worked the thing is how long will the game hold a player? or how long will a new player stay? or how much will each player spend? with the current game model?

Edited by KingCobra, 09 August 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#9 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

More CryEngine3 wonders---> http://www.bing.com/...s&FORM=HDRSC2#a

#10 darkfall13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 09 August 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

As long as the avatars aren't running around nude or semi-nude (or in definite bad taste) then why not.

Me thinks you don't know how a Mech jock is dressed... nor how the Internet works...

#11 Kiritumi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationIyanden

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

I had somewhat of a character in mind when I started playing XD

#12 Krixic

• Pip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 09 August 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Well the truth is CryEngine3 had it all included Character Creation-Buildings for mechs-Shops to buy items and black-market parts-ETC.It was Russ and Brians ambitions to have just a pure PVP MechWarrior game for profit and it worked the thing is how long will the game hold a player? or how long will a new player stay? or how much will each player spend? with the current game model?

Well maybe if get this thread popular enough we can change their minds. One of them had to change their mind about 3pv (i don't remember who).

#13 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

View Postdarkfall13, on 09 August 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Me thinks you don't know how a Mech jock is dressed... nor how the Internet works...

Judging by your choice to butcher the English language it's not the first time you were wrong.

#14 Krixic

• Pip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 09 August 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

Judging by your choice to butcher the English language it's not the first time you were wrong.

Well he is half right. The Mechwarriors did have some questionable attire. But that was old Battletech art and I think it is safe to assume that if character creation is ever put into place we will not end up with something like that.

http://www.sarna.net...ior_%28pilot%29

#15 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 09 August 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

I was looking through BT and MechWarrior art and drawings and I wondered how many MWO players would like a real Character in MWO to get a bit more into the MechWarrior BattleTech universe and maybe more Role-play? of course missions and other things might be needed also but it would be fun. One of my finest things to do is make my own characters in STO-StarTrekOnline a MWO character creator like there's would be super cool and let new players have a better look at what the BattleTech Universe really is. I would join the 10th lyran guards for one of these gals. Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostKrixic, on 09 August 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Well he is half right. The Mechwarriors did have some questionable attire. But that was old Battletech art and I think it is safe to assume that if character creation is ever put into place we will not end up with something like that.

http://www.sarna.net...ior_%28pilot%29

A fact that does not change is that the heat in the cockpit is a big problem for the 'Mech jock, so they usually wear shorts and light clothes under their cooling vest. Also they have (in the old Battletech art..) bulky and heavy neurohelmets.

#17 Krixic

• Pip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 August 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

A fact that does not change is that the heat in the cockpit is a big problem for the 'Mech jock, so they usually wear shorts and light clothes under their cooling vest. Also they have (in the old Battletech art..) bulky and heavy neurohelmets.

I like to believe that all mechs comes with a built in air conditioner and that they are very well insulated. So I could wear whatever I wanted.

#18 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostKrixic, on 09 August 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

I like to believe that all mechs comes with a built in air conditioner and that they are very well insulated. So I could wear whatever I wanted.

Even though most novels say otherwise? There's a reason standard MechWarrior attire includes a cooling vest...

#19 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 09 August 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Jesus Christ we're playing MWO, not Scarlet Blade. I figured that the first thing I'd see when I clicked on this topic was a large-breasted woman in some kind of skin-tight jumpsuit with perfectly styled long hair, probably blonde. Was not disappointed.

Never change MWO Forums Community, never change.

Edited by Wales Grey, 09 August 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#20 Allen Wren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Grognards never change. The future is a land of square-jawed manly men (fully dressed) and Barbie-doll women (mostly undressed.)

I can't find my eyes, they've rolled straight out my head.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users