#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Here we go. These are to help inspire you:

This is a slight modification of Lordred's favorite build. It isn't especially fast, but it is strong. You can easily trade a heatsink or two for extra AMS ammo or LRM ammo. The combination of LRM-10s and LRM-5s are not covered under the penalty system, so you can spam them freely and faster than LRM-15s or LRM-20s.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ff11e4b0b61a0ed

It has tag, and medium pulse lasers deal their damage very rapidly. Because of how hot the build's MPL runs, chainfire them for a constant rate of fire without a pause and to allow your heat to build slower.

This build
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4bc915d8f30f63c
is my own and uses the Stalker 4N, the only one that in my eyes encouraged an asymmetrical build with mixed weapons. This build was made with the LRM as a peppering weapon to soften enemies, SRMs to scare off lights, and the 6 medium lasers for heavy, concentrated damage against larger targets. It requires a bit of caution when getting close to your prey, and is super effective at close range yet not helpless at long range.

#22 Orchid Vein

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

Amazing information and options.

I now realize how individual it is for the fighting style. I like the idea of the cooler running mech and the chain fire for LRMs. The BAP is now a definite and the new pilot friendly model seems like a good way to go.

I am looking at the builds linked and I can take them and form it into the perfect all around mech for my style. I am thinking Bap-1ams -tag, std engine and plenty of LRM ammo for 10s.

Soooo much help, thankies to all. And no, I hadn't decided yet so all this really finishes my idea for the build.

*Huggles* for everyone!

*edit* Also, I really appreciate the clarification on the BAP and its use. It sounds invaluable to me in a firing line situation so I don't have to be exposed for so long.

Edited by Orchid Vein, 10 August 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#23 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Stalkers can back alot of lrms but I am a fan of JJ lrm. Get into position alot easier/better and that to me is the most important thing in a lrm boat! position, position, position!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c62dd4ca8584849

My fav:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9c5c8f091205eb0

jj lrm boats rock!

#24 Orchid Vein

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

I think I understand the build of those but it sounds like using jump jets to fire missiles from behind things is a pretty advanced idea. I don't think I would have that much luck trying to do that style of LRM. I would probably feel more comfy and have more fun walking out behind the wall, targetting and shooting then going back.

The mech looks like it is fun though. Also, I just can't not get a stalker because I just adore how they look. :)

#25 MizarPanzer

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

You should definitely avoid an XL on a stalker. Because you hardly gain any speed (stalker is slow anyway). Stalker also has very very large side torsos that is vulnerable. You can not mount that many more weapon with an XL as stalker is quite limited by the amount of critical slots.

#26 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

Stalker Vids, for fun.

Spoiler

Hope you enjoyed yourself. :)

#27 Orchid Vein

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

Hahaha!! These vids are awesome. xD I just love everything about the stalkers, even the cockpit looks loverlie.

And that flame one. It looks like a large, angry camo-clad dunkard of crazy and fire coming at you. :P

#28 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

Since we covered the XL or Standard Engine quite a bit I thought you should see the "Why?".

This is the Hit Box Thread. It shows the hit boxes for each of the mechs.

http://mwomercs.com/...x-localisation/

If you look at the Stalker you'll see that the Side Torsos obscure the CT from many angles. In other words the Side Torsos are large.

If you look at the Catapult you'll see that the Side Torsos do not obscure the CT much at all, in fact the Head does most of the CT obscuring. In other words the CT is huge and the side torsos are tiny.

This is why the consensus is... Stalkers use Standard engines and Catapults use XLs.

Thought I'd throw this in since you seemed to be absorbing the underlying concepts tossed around in discussing the builds.

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Indeed. Here's a similar instance. Notice the side torsos, or STs, are super tiny here on the Kintaro. In fact they are so tiny in this case there's virtually zero risk to having an XL engine as no one in their right mind would even try to hit them. No, seriously, I run 2 armor rear side torsos, 8 armor front side torsos, never died by them. :) Saves quite a bit of space.

View PostKoniving, on 08 August 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

Basically from the front, left, and right, your CT front can be hit. There is Zero risk in using an XL engine, but as a result there is Zero protection for your CT.

You'll be able to get a Kintaro in the third week of the month, so very soon.

#30 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostKoniving, on 11 August 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

Indeed. Here's a similar instance. Notice the side torsos, or STs, are super tiny here on the Kintaro. In fact they are so tiny in this case there's virtually zero risk to having an XL engine as no one in their right mind would even try to hit them. No, seriously, I run 2 armor rear side torsos, 8 armor front side torsos, never died by them. :lol: Saves quite a bit of space.

You'll be able to get a Kintaro in the third week of the month, so very soon.

I thought you weren't going to buy Heroes unless they were on sale from Victor on :)

#31 Orchid Vein

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

See, that is a loverlie graphic. I completely get it now. So the STK has a large red sign with the words "LRMs, please direct your faces to this panel." And the CPLT that I use (The C1 in my sig banner) has all comfy and covered side panels.

Perfect!!

#32 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostscJazz, on 11 August 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

I thought you weren't going to buy Heroes unless they were on sale from Victor on :)

Had the MC, and someone had a bug so I went and investigated.

Spoiler

View PostOrchid Vein, on 11 August 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

See, that is a loverlie graphic. I completely get it now. So the STK has a large red sign with the words "LRMs, please direct your faces to this panel." And the CPLT that I use (The C1 in my sig banner) has all comfy and covered side panels.

Perfect!!

Pretty much. Love the pic btw. Anyway the the main thing is that side torsos are always weaker and easier to destroy and if you lose just one, you die with an XL engine. You can barely hit those sides from the front on a Catapult. Meanwhile the Stalker you can hit those side torsos very easily and even accidentally while aiming for the center torso.

You can't go by the 'highlights' when you select a body part in mechlab, but if you click on it and that selects a part, you "hit" it with a weapon. You can determine hit boxes by clicking around to find the borders. It's very handy and how those images were made. I did the same with the Golden Boy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users