Clan Tech in 3048

12 replies to this topic

#1 MDS Geist

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Unknown of space Also known as a famous authors home state. " Hail To The Victors "

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

Unless everyone here has forgotten that officially 3050 was the introduction to the masses on Clantech. 2 years prior will be the rare 1 in 1000000 chance of even seeing it. However should clantech be seen it might be due to the old tried an true brain Caches being found or lost tech being found. These two would make the MWO interesting but not be totally needed. Let there be battles where yes a IS mech has been given a bit of an advantage... either with lost tech or clantech an yes people will be mad. but hey isn't all War ment to push the tech levels up? Newer machines an tools are derived from this. Look at all that WW2 brought the world. Look at all the things you use in a day to day basis an thank a Soldier. : Thanks to all who served an are serving this moment : 11-11-11 You are not forgot'n

#2 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

Technically, what came from the Brian Cache found by GDL was based on Star League Tech, not Clan Tech, though Kerensky and the forthcoming Clans did take what they knew from their own databanks and put it to good use, improving on it, which was when it became Clan Tech. The Clan Tech, in that instance, is most definitely superior, and the Inner Sphere is way behind because, if memory serves me, that Brian Cache and the Star League Memory Core were not found until 3045 (not entirely sure?).

And, as a veteran, I thank you for your kind message.

#3 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

Posted Image

#4 feor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

There is zero clantech in the Inner Sphere in 3048. There are also no Brian Caches anywhere in the Inner Sphere.

The first clan mech to ever been seen by an Inner Sphere person (including the near periphery) was in August of 3049, and that was in the Periphery. They didn't make it to any of the Inner Sphere planets proper until 3050. The closest thing there would be to Clantech in the Inner Sphere would have been some of the slightly upgraded lostech used by the Wolf's Dragoons. Performance wise they woiuldn't have been radically different from IS tech, but it likely would have been marginally more compact & efficient. (a laser with 255m range, instead of 250m range, for example) The Dragoons were prohibited from being anything more advanced with them both so they could blend into the "primative" people of the Sphere, and for fear it would fall into Spheroid hands.

Brian Caches are clan constructs, and only exist in the Kerensky Cluster. They are essentially huge fortified warehouses for storing decommissioned military equipment.

The Inner Sphere has Brian Castles, which are a Star League constructs, and are highly prized both for their military applications and for their potential to contain Star League Lostech. They are underground bunkers sprawling over several square kilometers with secret entrances and exits in numerous places. Intended to serve as the headquarters of a guerrilla resistance movement in the event of foreign invasion, they were also quite capable of acting as a traditional fortress if discovered. Hardened against orbital assault (including nuclear strikes), with limited access points and typically kept stocked such that they can survive years of siege unsupported. They were the pinnacle of Star League era military technology, and remain unmatched even through the 3060s.

Even if we found a Brian Castle (which would be HUGE. In an era where a typical invasion force consisted of perhaps a company of battlemechs, rumors of a Brian Castle would see any of the great houses mobilize a full Regiment in order to take the world in question) the most we'd get is Star League era Lostech. Most of which we'll already have access to, thanks to being post Helm's Deep memory core.

Edited by feor, 10 November 2011 - 08:57 AM.

#5 Damien Matashy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

The only thing that might come close clan tech is wolf dragoons mechs, some of there mechs latter on in the time line ran with star league tech and some lower tier clan tech

#6 wolf on the tide

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Locationnext to the keyboard

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

View PostMDS Geist, on 10 November 2011 - 07:26 AM, said:

"Let there be battles where yes a IS mech has been given a bit of an advantage... either with lost tech or clantech an yes people will be mad. but hey isn't all War ment to push the tech levels up? Newer machines an tools are derived from this. Look at all that WW2 brought the world."

taking the WW2 analogy... it's a bit like trying to compare the russian T-34 and the german Tiger 2, in so far that it's not a fair comparison. the tiger 2 was twice the weight and had an awesome 88, the russians had a semi decent pop gun with speed and manuverability

(YES, a vastly simplified view)

where it pans out, is this... weight of numbers.
same way as the russians could build and field 3,4,5,6 (and at some points up to 8 times) the numbers of tanks as the germans

if MWO is true to the clan invasions at all, then ton for ton, every clan mech should be outnumbered at LEAST 3 to 1 by inner sphere mechs.

roughly 1 clan "star" to an IS company of 3 lance's + a possible command lance
(5 clan mechs Versus 12-16 IS mechs)

#7 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

View Postfeor, on 10 November 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

There is zero clantech in the Inner Sphere in 3048. There are also no Brian Caches anywhere in the Inner Sphere.

Wrong, Wolf's Dragoons was already producing a couple of Dire Wolves on Outreach in the late 3040's.
They won't be used in battle before 3050, but they are most definately present in the IS.

Edited by Stormwolf, 12 November 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#8 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Wolf's Dragoon also had plans for Clan mechs not all design, it was one of the series of books the book it title Blood Legacy. If anyone is wants the info go here and it got a lot on Dragoons.

http://www.sarna.net...agoons#Outreach

The plans were dated and not current clan level tech they also gifted the Victor and Hoiroho with dire wolf chassis. This was after Kai refused his dire wolf and it was given to Victor. This was in early 3051.

Clan tech is better than Inner Sphere tech but Star League era tech is a lot closer in terms of matching clan tech.

Just as the inner sphere decline due to the succession wars so did the clans decline too when the wars broke out on the Pentagon World.
Second Exodus was when the forces loyal to Alexander and Nicholas Kerensky left the pentagon worlds and found the Kerensky cluster and later launch Operation Klondike to retake the pentagon worlds. They suffered tech lost to but recovered and the exceed there previous tech level

#9 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

Helm memory core discovered by Gray Death Legion in 3028.

#10 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 12 November 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

Wrong, Wolf's Dragoons was already producing a couple of Dire Wolves on Outreach in the late 3040's.
They won't be used in battle before 3050, but they are most definately present in the IS.

They might be physically present, but this situation is no justification for seeing any Clan weaponry in game before the first invasion wave/Dragoons conference on Outreach. Nobody saw it or knew about it, not even Comstar.

#11 Eldric

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

I´m new to posting in this forum. I registered a while ago, but so far have been watching the forums and just trying to make sense of it all. About clan tech, and all tech really, I would like to make a few comments and questions:

I play LoL (League of Legends) which is an exceptionally popular and successful F2P game, where you CAN use money to buy stuff, but the stuff is not really relevant (like cosmetic changes to your character) or it just makes your advancement faster, like with exp boosts that let you earn exp faster for a set number of wins or a set time.

The game has players reaching up to level 30. I got there without using any exp boosts because I wanted to learn to play at my own speed before facing the big boys, if you know what I meant, so leveling faster seemed like a BAD idea for me. But I did buy "IP boosts".

IP are "influence points" that let me unlock/buy new characters with different abilities. Special traits that will be permanent to all my characters, and such. IP is always earned after any game. You earn more if you win, but you still earn some if you lose.

What I do buy, are IP boosts, because new characters are released very often (one every two weeks) and because those permanent traits can ONLY be unlocked with IP. So ANYONE can eventually, and will eventually, unlock what they want, but you can simply do it sooner if you use real money for it.

Myself, what i´ve bought was one IP boost and several "skins" that make my characters look and sometimes sound different than standard, I´ve done this for the characters I love the most.

Now, when a new character comes out, people CAN use real money to buy it, but if you play as much as me. Getting the IP by the time a new character comes out is no problem at all. In fact NEVER have I needed to buy a character with money.

If MoW released "updated tech" and "such and such new mech" every once on a while on a similar model, I would be very happy to earn it, but I am also sure there would be people just as happy to just buy it.

Want to buy that new reactor cooler? you can use money, or you can earn it. If you play as much as I think you and I will, you will probably be able to, but if you want it NOW, you can do that too, (I will still have played more than you and beat you with my superior skills AND the very same reactor cooler)

Hey, a special event! for a limited time only, you can buy a Dasher Prime for XXXXXX game points! or you can buy it for 15 dollars. My guess is, the next day there would be like a thousand players running at breakneck speed on their new mechs, and a LOT of those players will have bought it with money, I will probably have bought mine with game points, whatever.

So, about new tech? about F2P? I welcome all of it, and so should we all

By the way, is the Raven currently in-game? I love that little thing

Edited by Eldric, 12 November 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#12 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

View PostEldric, on 12 November 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Long but detailed League of Legends Post

This is fine, except that in Battletech, Clan tech is massively overpowering. If all of us could save up and buy fully armed and operational Clan deisgns then just about nobody that was serious about winning for their team would pick an Inner Sphere design with less firepower, speed and cooling ability for the same tonnage. I have not played LoL but it seems to me the spread of characters is more or less balanced. Ton for ton, the Clan designs are meant to be superior. The counter to this is that in the fiction, they are a separate society with very strict rules of war. The Clan factions are usually very, very outnumbered by Inner Sphere factions and yet can still pull out victories. Mechwarrior: Online launches about a year or so before the Clans, as a new set of factions, come to invade the factions that make up the Inner Sphere. Right now, it looks like we can only play Inner Sphere factions, and by that we will be outfitted with 'mechs and weapons that are in all ways inferior to Clan tech.

Their are many threads right now devoted to conversations on Clan/IS balance and how it can be done. We have no clue how this will be implemented as we know nothing of real substance about the game. This thread is specifically about if or why we might or might not see this highly advanced Clan weaponry before they formally invade. If some people had fully operational Clan machines while all we had was the normal level of Inner Sphere equipment, and they are not penalized by being outnumbered, they would easily run away with the game and be simply unbalanced. We also have no clue at this time if anyone will be able to sign up for Clan factions or if it will just be admins, AI or anything. Just about everything right now is blind speculation.

#13 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

Can we have just 1 year without the Clans? Seems like an awful lot of talk about something that is... what... two years from happening? IS can't have any fun it seems :)

ClanTech includes Star League Tech

Star League Tech DOES NOT INCLUDE ClanTech

Get what I'm saying? They are NOT synonymous

Edited by MagnusEffect, 13 November 2011 - 12:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users