How To Encourage 'mech Diversity Without Weight Limits

23 replies to this topic

#21 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

It is the person being shot at's responsibility to spread the damage. not the shooter.

Learn to torso twist people. It isn't my fault you stare at me the entire time, and I surgically remove your right torso.

#22 The Duke of Dirty

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 12 August 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

It is the person being shot at's responsibility to spread the damage. not the shooter.

Learn to torso twist people. It isn't my fault you stare at me the entire time, and I surgically remove your right torso.

When you torso twist, I hold my fire until you turn back to me. Because im not a derp. Then we trade damage fairly.

#23 Taemien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

OP much of what you're suggesting already works sorta.. And mech scaling would make it even better. I agree that mechs like the Centurion, Kintaro, and Trebuchet need to be reworked. I know they said it would be difficult, but its definitely something that will be needed done. In MW4, mechs like the Black Knight and Atlas were not preferred because of their large CT's made them a liability. Same thing is happening here.. just with nearly all Medium mechs.

Damage resistance worked in MWLL. But only because of different assets like Tanks, VTOLS, AeroSpace, and BattleArmor. Everyone is in a mech in MWO so I think damage should remain consistent. But mechs like Commandos are simply harder to hit.

Though reducing medium mech profiles isn't the only thing. Agility needs to be addressed. Mediums should be able to run circles around Assaults and to a slightly lesser degree, Heavies. But as I've said in numerous other threads, this is a taboo topic. They are quick on the bandwagon to say Mediums suck so they can thumb their noses at the big corporate entity that made this game. But when it comes down to addressing the issue they go quiet or quote some other way to 'balance' mediums in like weight balancing. Meaning they want to stick to their boaty assaults and want someone 'else' to be stuck in the crappy mediums. Much more so then the crappy medium not being crappy anymore.

#24 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostPwnius, on 10 August 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

8 stalkers/highlanders who all have 2 PPC 2 Gauss

I assume you mean 2 PPC, 1 Gauss?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users