• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostJohn McFianna, on 11 August 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

1) 2500 for 30 Days Premium.... see: C-Bills

1) 2500 for 30 Days Premium.... see: C-Bills

Another good idea.

I am actually leaning toward the Stalker now. Seems a lot of folks like the Stalkers. And it will give me the benefits of some of the ideas I like here.

Buy a 5M while its on sale and a month of Premium Time with MC. Grind out more XP and CB. Buy a 3H with CBs. Finally, pick up a Misery at a later date.

Hmmm... I wonder when there will be a sale on Victors?

#23 Roosterfish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

I wouldn't buy a regular mech with MC's. Bays and Premium Time on the other hand I do see real value in, even using MC to shift mech xp into GXP seems to be a good deal. Even though 1 and 3 day Premium Time blocks are more expensive that's how I'd buy it, work and life get in the way of a 30 day stretch but I can do 1 and sometimes 3 day marathons.

Stalkers look to be pretty versitile. Lot's of energy and missile loads to try out. Fairly cheap to get into CB wise compared to other assualts.

Victors you get a assualt that can go the same speed as mediums and also jumps. Hard not to take a second glance at that but it'll cost more CB.

I really like the idea of Cataphracts, they remind me of the old WWII German pocket battleships, ie a heavy cruiser with a battleships weapons. Energy and ballistic loadout with a varient that jumps thrown in. I see it as a compromise on getting an assualt.

These are just my opinions and thoughts. mod5 I know you didn't ask about Cataphracts but I do think they're a viable choice with assualts especially the smaller ones.

#24 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Everyone has made good suggestions.

#25 MisterFiveSeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostPoLaR, on 11 August 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

I think "the best 'Mech In the game" Is really what best suits a pilot by their ideal preferences. Not saying that Misery Isn't a great Hero because Its one of the only Hero's I don't have. That said, the Dragon Slayer has brought me much wealth and experience. Can't go wrong with the Illya and the Flame Is one of my old favorites.

If you like going fast you could get a Spider, as they have been very popular lately and can be tricky to take down. I would prefer a Jenner D. Medium 'Mechs, I've been having fun with the Quickdraws lately, but you can never go wrong with a Centerion or Hunchy. A lot of people, including myself really enjoy the Victor, but you could always go for the extra tonnage and get a Highlander, Heavy Metal Is an excellent choice. It's all In preference.

Edited: Wall of text...

I wish I could agree with you. It all comes down to hardpoints and hitboxes.

I enjoy my founder's jenner more than any other mech.

I love my founder's atlas with its mixed weapons and googly gorilla arms (that I'm dropping in right now).

However, if you are versatile, adaptable, and competitive, Misery is the best mech period. With the notable exceptions of the 3D and highlander, if JJ are your thing.

Edited by MisterFiveSeven, 11 August 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#26 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

The best heroes are, bar none, the Heavy Metal, Ilya Muromets and the Misery.

Don't bother with the others.

#27 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

i would only spend it when there are 'sales' and i would expect with the game going live there will be 'sales',i would wait for the sale for xp conversion to gxp, hero mech discounts,...im holding on to my mc till it goes live.

#28 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

View Postmod5csi, on 11 August 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Hmmm... I wonder when there will be a sale on Victors?
Victors were released last month, so I doubt it will happen any time soon.

I'll second the Premium time and mech bays thing. WIth a month of premium time, I've bought 11 different mechs, 4 XL engines, and a module, and while that wasn't all premium time (since premium time is just 50% more), that's still a lot of extra cbills.I wouldn't have had otherwise, and made my $ go further.

Then again, I had a lot of free time this month. If you don't, your milage may vary.

#29 Zultor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

Depends on how you play. If you are the type of person who finds a mech you like and keeps playing it than I would use the MC on a good hero mech which fits your play style (guessing brawler since you like the Cents). Forgo premium if this is your plan since you won't need the cbills.

If you are looking to get back into the game seriously and level a bunch of different mech chasis' then definitely go with premium time. Cbills are the bottleneck so you will need the boost in revenue. Xp isn't an issue now especially with the double boost for each battle. I would recommend with the rest of your MC and cbils (after premium) buy a mech which has a high end XL engine for the chasis class you think you want to focus on. Unless you are brawling (ala Centurion Zombie style) speed is king nowadays in anything less than an assault. High end XL engines are a must for most of my mechs now. Get one and keep swapping it between your mechs like most people do with modules.

#30 Derring-Do

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

I still have not made an MC purchase. But I think for now I will just grind in my semi-fast YLW and see how I like it. I dont get a lot of playtime, so I think Premium time 3 days at a time will be my goal. Build up my bank role and see if I can get back into it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users