61 replies to this topic

#41 Thor Dyrden

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostevilC, on 01 November 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Ah, it seems it does not happen with all files, it only happens with one of my recordings. Just so happened to be the one that I used for testing. Maybe it got corrupted or something.

Yes - now I also have one file I can't open in AVIDemux - though I can open it in Windows Movie Maker...
Will try to split the file and report a bug to AVIDemux (even if the file is corrupted somehow, AVIDemux shouldn't crash, but report the error)

#42 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

out of interest, was your bad file one where you did not hit stop, but instead let the game going from fullscreen to windowed stop the recording? The last frame of mine I see a hint of desktop.

#43 Thor Dyrden

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

No - I hit stop - no desktop. Also tried to save it with Movie Maker to a new file - AVIDemux still crashes.

Found, that I can open the problematic file with the previous version of AVIDemux (2.5.6). Shows B-Frames warning when opening, but then can process the files.

Edited by Thor Dyrden, 02 November 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#44 Myssi

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Been fiddling around with shadowplay for a bit. Seems decent, though got some issues with it. Might be all the beta thing.
More often than not it refuses to record ARMA 3 for me, for most of the games it seems to work. I'll stick to Fraps for now anyway, until shadowplay has matured a bit more.

#45 Damocles54

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCrete, Omicron Gamma

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

So, am i the only one that shadowplay just doesnt do anything for when i try to use it? Its toggled on, gave it a folder on my ssd, ive got a 680, plenty of ram and a nice cpu so wth? Its not that it doesnt work well, it just doesnt work.

#46 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostDamocles54, on 24 November 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

So, am i the only one that shadowplay just doesnt do anything for when i try to use it? Its toggled on, gave it a folder on my ssd, ive got a 680, plenty of ram and a nice cpu so wth? Its not that it doesnt work well, it just doesnt work.

Not in full screen ?
Works for my GTX780.....

You should see the shadow play icon once a game is loaded.
I put mine in the top left corner like you can see below at the start of the video.

Edited by ShinVector, 24 November 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#47 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostDamocles54, on 24 November 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Try putting it in manual mode, then go into game and hit ALT+F9
Do you see a green circle bottom right?

#48 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

Had a muck about editing some shadowplay video last night.
Premiere does not seem to like the VFR footage at all, the audio goes horribly out of synch.

Vegas is OK, but you have to do funky things to speed video up more than 4x.

#49 Damocles54

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

And then today out of no where...it works in the training grounds. i'm going to hop into a game and see if it also works there but for now, it works. SMH i dont get it but hey, if it works it works. Thanks for replying to me though, i appreciate it.

#50 Damocles54

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

(sigh) idk what i was or was not doing before, but it works fine now. but i dont suppose understanding is necessary. It works, thats the bit that matters lol.

#51 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

Shadowplay got updated today.

Recording limit in manual mode is gone - will start a new file once max size is reached for the first.

You can now record the microphone, but it is essentially pretty useless as it always captures the mic (regardless of PTT status) and also dumps it on the same channel as the game audio.

Problems with VFR have been ironed out - footage now works perfectly in Adobe Premiere.

Recordings are now resized ONLY IN THE VERTICAL. You will end up with a 1080 high movie, but the width will depend on your aspect ratio.
For example, with 1920x1200 play, the video is 1728x1080
Not sure how I feel about this - practically I suppose it is not really any different - you can just resize the video, but that would mean that two resizes have been done separately, which will impact image fidelity.

Edited by evilC, 03 December 2013 - 06:45 AM.

#52 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

I like ShadowPlay.

I've used FRAPS, Bandicam, and AVS capture and by far the best, most reliable, least problematic software has been the NVidia ShadowPlay.

FRAPS - Crashes if you don't shut it off before exiting the match, and creates HUGE (upwards of 40MB) files.
Bandicam - Also causes some instability and if you don't remember to shut it off, it'll just sit there and record for forever.

Now that ShadowPlay can capture my mic, it'll be all I use. I'm sorry I shelled out for FRAPS and Bandicam licenses.

#53 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

I've also been using Shadowplay from the very beginning it was released (only in manual mode though). Only thing I wish to have is an Option/possibility to prevent recording of voice-communication (e.g. skype, ts). The way it is and if I play with friends I can basically only choose to either have ALL sound (including pointless chatter I'd rather not share ;-) or NO Sound (i.e. no game sound). But I guess that's too difficult to implement.

With the recent Geforce Experience update basically all complaints expressed early on in this thread have been taken care of: No distortion anymore from using other resultions than 16:9, no 4GB limit, you can record your mic. Also FPS hit on my rig is insignificant.

Edited by Besterino, 06 December 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#54 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostBesterino, on 06 December 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

The way it is and if I play with friends I can basically only choose to either have ALL sound (including pointless chatter I'd rather not share ;-) or NO Sound (i.e. no game sound). But I guess that's too difficult to implement.
But some of the BEST outtakes come from that 'pointless chatter'! :D

#55 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 06 December 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

But some of the BEST outtakes come from that 'pointless chatter'! :)

You simply don't know me or my friends... ;-)... anyhow, BTT: my FPS-hit is roughly 9FPS or 10% (from 90ish to 80ish) playing at 1980x1200 (16:10) - to me quite acceptable.

#56 Strapt

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

UI 2.0 has screwed up my shadow play. Everything was working fine until the update. Anyone else experiencing the same problems ? Any solutions ?

#57 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

I have had to kill shadowplay since the last release, it killed FPS in a number of my games.
I wouldn't freak out for now, it's a common issue so likely to be high on nVidia's priority list.

#58 The Dead Astronaut

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

View PostStrapt, on 04 February 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

UI 2.0 has screwed up my shadow play. Everything was working fine until the update. Anyone else experiencing the same problems ? Any solutions ?

Having same issue.

#59 itiziDITKA

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostMACGUNS, on 05 February 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

Having same issue.

The new client defaults your video settings to full window - change it to fullscreen and it should fix your problem.

#60 Strapt

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostitiziDITKA, on 05 February 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

The new client defaults your video settings to full window - change it to fullscreen and it should fix your problem.

Fixed the issue thanks to your help!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users