#21 AA Yeti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNaperville, IL

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

It won't make it on to xbox1.

They release too many updates and patches, the console version would fall behind very quickly.

For an update to get approved through M$ it can literally take a month or two.

#22 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'd like it to, but I'd prefer if everyone played on the same servers.

#23 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

View PostRovertoo, on 13 August 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

I'd like it to, but I'd prefer if everyone played on the same servers.

That will never happen. Microsoft considered letting PC gamers play Console gamers in COD. In their testing, it showed to major disadvantage the consoles gamers with their controllers would be at playing PC gamers with mouse/KB. Console gamers just can't compete with the accuracy of the mouse/KB. That's the same reason people continue to use mouse/KB to play MWO when controllers are working.

Edited by Barbaric Soul, 13 August 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#24 Filter41

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostBarbaric Soul, on 13 August 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

Console gamers just can't compete with the accuracy of the mouse/KB. That's the same reason people continue to use mouse/KB to play MWO when controllers are working.

as i already said at introduction, there are a lot of posts on xbox-controller for mwo. it seems that a lot of players would like to use it... combined with the 3PV it could fit?!

about shared servers between pc and xbox1 and technicological probs i cant say much... but i guess we wont see MWO on PS4 because of the license issue.

View PostAA Yeti, on 13 August 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

They release too many updates and patches, the console version would fall behind very quickly.

i hope M$ will provide a better and quicker service and maintenance on Xbox1. not for me, for M$. because if they want to challange steam, then they have to gain some speed...

#25 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

Not if XBox players have to play on separate servers from PC players.

#26 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 12 August 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Because they own the IP which PGI licensed to make the game?

your point is invalid, let alone immaterial. M$ has no interest in the game beyond licensing it for cash.

And MW:O is the best running MW video game available.

Not.

MW:LL is still better.

#27 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostAA Yeti, on 13 August 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

It won't make it on to xbox1.

For an update to get approved through M$ it can literally take a month or two.

Last I checked they just changed their update policies. Even if you're estimate is still correct though it's still irrelevent unless they're also playing together (which would be nice) but even then they could delay the PC patches if they had to. We would cry and whine and forget about it anyway.

View PostBarbaric Soul, on 13 August 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

That will never happen. Microsoft considered letting PC gamers play Console gamers in COD. In their testing, it showed to major disadvantage the consoles gamers with their controllers would be at playing PC gamers with mouse/KB. Console gamers just can't compete with the accuracy of the mouse/KB. That's the same reason people continue to use mouse/KB to play MWO when controllers are working.

Yeah I'm going to guess this game isn't COD. I also fairly certain Shadowrun was the testbed for this theory because the retail version did do cross platform play. Mechwarrior though isn't nearly as twitchy though with every mech having limits to twist speeds and such, unlike say, COD. Of course the lack of keyboard keys might be an issue. Might. Not really sure there.

Either way I would sort of be surprised if a version of MWO didn't end up there eventually. What with Sony parading their PS2 on their PS4.

#28 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationSpace Colony Texas

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

What the Crap Box one after going throw 3 crap Box 360 and 2 crap boxes no plans to get a crap Box one...Now I might get a Playstaion 4 I have had a better track record only gone throw 1 PS3 0 PS2 and 0 PS1 0 PSP and I dont have a Vita.. Also Console's are inferior to PC gaming always have been..

#29 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Im also pretty sure there will be no MWO on any console probably be dumb down like Mech assault was if they did LOL

#30 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

XOne
P4
Steam

The more playing the better. Why? Because online games almost never have cross platform functionality.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 16 August 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#31 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Of course is coming out on xbox one, why do you think 3PV is coming in...

#32 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

hmm...why not..cross-plattform playing might be fun. Aaaand that brings me to the important question: would we be allowed to farm those poor sods with their controllers? :lol:

tbh i doubt that anyone would be stupid enough to make a cross-plattform fps game (or they'd need to add some sort of auto-aim for the console-version). Furthermore as far as i know console-games have usually really really long patch-circles...slowing down the patching of the pc-version just to keep both at the same level would be insanely stupid.

#33 employee24601

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

**** the XBone

#34 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 16 August 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

your point is invalid, let alone immaterial. M$ has no interest in the game beyond licensing it for cash.

If MS gets mwo as an xBox exclusive and mwo becomes popular it's a reason to buy a XB1 instead of a PS4. So from that perspective MS benefits from getting it as an exclusive. Plus MS most likely gets a flat licensing fee from PGI so they gain nothing by allowing mwo on PS4. Regardless I doubt PGI will be putting mwo on XB1 anytime soon.

#35 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Why would I want to buy a Crap Box One to play MWO when the PC version will be superior to the inferior game consoles.....Console ports normally suck... Also Crap Box One will be spying on you 24/7 so remember to unplug that stupid kinect camera thing.....LOL

#36 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostDredhawk, on 16 August 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Why would I want to buy a Crap Box One to play MWO when the PC version will be superior to the inferior game consoles.....Console ports normally suck... Also Crap Box One will be spying on you 24/7 so remember to unplug that stupid kinect camera thing.....LOL

We don't want to play on an XB1. We do however want more people to shoot. Particularly people who can't effectively fight back due to their crappy controller.

#37 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Okay, to shut all console {Noble MechWarrior} up. Let me first before saying anything explain my gaming background so you know im not a {Noble MechWarrior}.

First of all I bought a xbox 360 on launch AND a ps3 40gb fat. I later traded up for a 120gb slim and then traded up to the uncharted 3 ps3 superslim bundle.

As for xbox 360, that ******* got e74 over and over despite me fixing it. I literally would open it up and take it down to the motherboard and replace all the thermalpaste with new paste and got rid of the ****** x-clamps and just used nuts and bolts (no heat warping now) and it still got e74 due to ****** hardware. I later got the xbox 360 slim. I also own a sega saturn collection worht of $600 and a small sega genesis console collection. (both sega collections still in working conditions like brand new when I got them as a kid.

Anyways, just so you know I'm not a {Noble MechWarrior} let me continue. PS4 DOES have better hardware inside of it than Xbox 1. In fact, NVIDIA turned down XB1 and went to PS4. Their reason? They did not feel it was worth their time and money. XB1 is using AMD graphics I believe. PS4 is using NVIDIA with 3D Visison support which basically means kick ******* *** 3D support since NVIDIA 3d Vision is already coded into the game. Yes, I did say its already in the game. You can enable it via your user.cfg. (I can give the user.cfg code for those who want this).

Now, for MWO being on the Xbox One, this is a good idea. You won't have as good 3D support as the PS4 would, but the XB1 can handle MWO just fine. Sadly, the console is already banned in many countries due to its EULA agreement and its kinect and system monitoring stuff watching you. However, this is not to say that the XB1's MWO won't do well. Xbox has a very large community and I do not see why it would not do well. Just remember this. For the Xbox 360, 84%. YES. 84% of owners of said console use the Xbox 360 for entertainment. NOT gaming. If you game on a 360 you are the minority which is why the push for entertainment on both the xb1 and x360 have been huge. This was also why at the microsoft's private conference why they went over the entertainment features and not the gaming. They are just appealing to their larger consumer group. However, it DOES have the specs to run it.

Lastly, the PS4's MWO. YES YES YES AND YES. It is using NVIDIA's GPU and such so it is better supported for MWO as its built around compatibility on the PC. Chances are there will be less bugs due to this fact on PS4 than XB1. PS4 might not end up having a large as a gaming community as XB1 when it releases (PS4 is going to sell cheaper so we won't know until they both release this Holiday season), but all we know is based off of the game currently, is that PS4 will be more compatible with a straight port of it from PC.

To conclude, shut up about your {Noble MechWarrior}. We all are playing it on PC which is better than nothing at all. We can at least agree no matter which gaming company our hearts lie with, that MWO on the Wii or Wii U would be ******* stupid. (I own a Wii as well, so no calling me a {Noble MechWarrior}. I accept any and all forms of gaming hardware.)

If you read through my speech, then high five!

Edited by Egomane, 18 August 2013 - 02:37 AM.
Avoiding word filter

#38 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostLonestarrSB, on 12 August 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

If specs are all that matters to you why would you even touch a console?

Edit: btw, Xbone > PS4

Microsoft profiteering makes F2P games virtually impossible to turn a profit versus Sony's stances. So yeah.

The Xbone is just bad, started out on a bad foot and is going bad places.

#39 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

View Postdangerzone, on 16 August 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Okay, to shut all console {Noble MechWarrior} up. Let me first before saying anything explain my gaming background so you know im not a {Noble MechWarrior}.

First of all I bought a xbox 360 on launch AND a ps3 40gb fat. I later traded up for a 120gb slim and then traded up to the uncharted 3 ps3 superslim bundle.

As for xbox 360, that ******* got e74 over and over despite me fixing it. I literally would open it up and take it down to the motherboard and replace all the thermalpaste with new paste and got rid of the ****** x-clamps and just used nuts and bolts (no heat warping now) and it still got e74 due to ****** hardware. I later got the xbox 360 slim. I also own a sega saturn collection worht of $600 and a small sega genesis console collection. (both sega collections still in working conditions like brand new when I got them as a kid.

Yeah, you owned a bunch of consoles. Good for you.

Anyways, just so you know I'm not a {Noble MechWarrior} let me continue. PS4 DOES have better hardware inside of it than Xbox 1. In fact, NVIDIA turned down XB1 and went to PS4. Their reason? They did not feel it was worth their time and money. XB1 is using AMD graphics I believe. PS4 is using NVIDIA with 3D Visison support which basically means kick ******* *** 3D support since NVIDIA 3d Vision is already coded into the game. Yes, I did say its already in the game. You can enable it via your user.cfg. (I can give the user.cfg code for those who want this).

As somebody who actually worked at NVIDIA (did five years on Geforce and Tegra), let me say this is wrong. In fact, except for the PS3 having better hardware than the XBox, it's a flat lie. NVIDIA would have loved to have supplied hardware for the Xbox 360 but due to issues with the original Xbox, Microsoft was less than inclined to work with NVIDIA on the 360. Additionally, all of the 3D Vision stuff NVIDIA has put out requires Tesla or newer hardware. The PS3 used Curie (generation before Tesla), so none of the NVIDIA tech was back-ported. It's all custom Sony tech. PS4 to the best of knowledge does NOT have NVIDIA hardware in it. I'm fairly certain both the PS4 and Xbox One are AMD/ATI end-to-end.

Now, for MWO being on the Xbox One, this is a good idea. You won't have as good 3D support as the PS4 would, but the XB1 can handle MWO just fine. Sadly, the console is already banned in many countries due to its EULA agreement and its kinect and system monitoring stuff watching you. However, this is not to say that the XB1's MWO won't do well. Xbox has a very large community and I do not see why it would not do well. Just remember this. For the Xbox 360, 84%. YES. 84% of owners of said console use the Xbox 360 for entertainment. NOT gaming. If you game on a 360 you are the minority which is why the push for entertainment on both the xb1 and x360 have been huge. This was also why at the microsoft's private conference why they went over the entertainment features and not the gaming. They are just appealing to their larger consumer group. However, it DOES have the specs to run it.

You are talking out of your posterior here. You have absolutely no idea. No one does since nobody has fully spec knowledge of both systems at this time.

Lastly, the PS4's MWO. YES YES YES AND YES. It is using NVIDIA's GPU and such so it is better supported for MWO as its built around compatibility on the PC. Chances are there will be less bugs due to this fact on PS4 than XB1. PS4 might not end up having a large as a gaming community as XB1 when it releases (PS4 is going to sell cheaper so we won't know until they both release this Holiday season), but all we know is based off of the game currently, is that PS4 will be more compatible with a straight port of it from PC.

As previously stated, PS4 is/will be AMD/ATI powered. MW:O is a Way It's Meant to be Played game, but that only matters on Windows with NVIDIA hardware and drivers. It won't mean anything on the PS4 or Xbox One.

To conclude, shut up about your fanboying. We all are playing it on PC which is better than nothing at all. We can at least agree no matter which gaming company our hearts lie with, that MWO on the Wii or Wii U would be ******* stupid. (I own a Wii as well, so no calling me a {Noble MechWarrior}. I accept any and all forms of gaming hardware.)

If you read through my speech, then high five!

I recommend you take your own advice... remove you foot from your mouth while you're at it.

... high five...

Lastly, MechWarrior will NEVER appear on the Playstation. Microsoft owns the IP. Everyone else licenses it with strict guidelines on what's allowed and what isn't. Porting MechWarrior to Playstation, Android, iOS, or any non-Microsoft platform is a huge aint-gonna-happen.

Edited by Egomane, 17 August 2013 - 02:28 AM.
quote clean-up

#40 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 16 August 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Microsoft profiteering makes F2P games virtually impossible to turn a profit versus Sony's stances. So yeah.

The Xbone is just bad, started out on a bad foot and is going bad places.

Xbox Live offers guaranteed quality of service, redundancy, and development support to the studios who utilize it. The money paid by end-users to get these benefits isn't wasted. Sony has a service, but it's what it is. Sometimes it's really good, sometimes it isn't. It's a crap shoot depending on where you live, time of day, and service load. It's also more expensive with less support for developers to utilize it.

I understand not like Microsoft, but making stuff up to knock them isn't how you make a legitimate point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users