Game Freezing

15 replies to this topic

#1 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

This patch officially broke the game, it freezes every game randomly. Cba reinstalling in attempt at fixing something that's not my fault.

#2 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Yep.... Random freezes and generally the game got really laggy tonight.. Seeing more and more of mechs getting stuck half way through the ground in river city too.

Edited by ShinVector, 11 August 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Sorry to trot this out, but:

It's beta. There will be issues occasionally.

#4 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 August 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Most overused excuse. There is very little time until release and these issues should not be present anymore.

#5 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostSerial Peacemaker, on 11 August 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Most overused excuse. There is very little time until release and these issues should not be present anymore.

And yet it's not released yet, and the game is overall more stable than it has been in the past. It may well be "overused", but if you understand what Beta means, you understand that in some cases that happens.

Hopefully the OP has filed support tickets to support@mwomercs.com, and provided his logs (they'll ask for them). If he hasn't - because the vast majority of players do not have freezing problems - how will PGI be able to fix it?

#6 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Atl+Tab may fix this temporary until PGI fix this.

#7 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

I get random freezes here and there.... this should not be happening, i agree.

#8 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

It not just a few people. I get it too and I know several people I play with who also get it... especially since the last patch. In fact I get it more game freezes since patch than ever before. About 1 in 6 games. And only half of those does alt tab fix. The other half freeze up to the point I have to control-alt-del to force the game to shut down.

#9 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 August 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

I share the opinion of others that regardless what they say. This game stopped being 'beta' the moment they started charging players for stuff. This game does not follow the crowd source model.

The forums is one of the best ways to report issues being faced by MANY people.

12v12 DID introduce this new problem which is probably a load issue.

I just hate the thought of being a paying 'beta tester'.
It even happens on the PGI stream with NGNG TV.
Go ask Garth, Phil and Bombadil to go report the problem to mwo support since they complained about it so much during my match with them at the 19th min mark ! ;)

Edited by ShinVector, 11 August 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#10 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

I stopped raising tickets with PGI a long time ago when they started demonstrating cyclical incompetence.

#11 Moku

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

I sometimes get freezes of 1-2 seconds and once even about 5 seconds starting this patch. I also occasionally get a total game freeze and have to shut the game down via taskbar.

Moku

#12 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostBrown Hornet, on 11 August 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

I stopped raising tickets with PGI a long time ago when they started demonstrating cyclical incompetence.

Well, that's helpful. So you decided to stop helping PGI fix bugs, so you can better decry how the bugs don't get fixed?

Are you really unaware of how ridiculous that is? If people stop reporting bugs and providing data, QA and dev staff have less data to work on to track down, isolate and reproduce such bugs.

See, that freezing in the video? That doesn't happen for everyone. In order for PGI to determine what's happening, they need to understand who it's happening to. If you don't report it, they may end up missing essential puzzle pieces.

Bug fixing is not a trivial task.

Nobody is obligated to help them, as while the game is beta, we're here playing for free. If we pay, we get exactly what we pay for - it doesn't entitle us magically to less bugs.

However, if you're unwilling to help them, you should really shut the hell up about the bugs.

Edited by Wintersdark, 12 August 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#13 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 12 August 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

Well, that's helpful. So you decided to stop helping PGI fix bugs, so you can better decry how the bugs don't get fixed?

Are you really unaware of how ridiculous that is?

No...I realise how sensible it is not to waste my time. If you keep reporting bugs and raising community concerns and the Devs go out of their way to do their own thing and it fails and fails and fails over and over and over again, then you can either continue to raise bugs against deaf ears (i.e. be a faithful fool) or you can choose not to support financing the game anymore until they start listening. Your choice. I've made mine and have put no more money into the game for about 12 months now.

#14 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

A few issues that I've noticed:

1) Sometimes these freezes happen across multiple players, all at once. They usually seem to involve mechs dying or when a lot of particle effects are going off (most notably LRM's). I've noticed it happens sometimes even when I'm spectating.

2) Sometimes if I bring up task manager, the game will unfreeze (I'm not sure why). Sometimes it will unfreeze itself after several seconds.

#15 Preatorian

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm getting this problem too. It's only since the last patch and yes... my drivers are up to date. It is in beta so yes problems are expected, but you trolls that just say it's beta expect problems, are we not supposed to mention the bugs? If we don't mention the bugs, they can't get fixed. Take your troll comments and shove them up your *****. ******.

#16 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostBrown Hornet, on 13 August 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

No...I realise how sensible it is not to waste my time. If you keep reporting bugs and raising community concerns and the Devs go out of their way to do their own thing and it fails and fails and fails over and over and over again, then you can either continue to raise bugs against deaf ears (i.e. be a faithful fool) or you can choose not to support financing the game anymore until they start listening. Your choice. I've made mine and have put no more money into the game for about 12 months now.

Reporting bugs and "raising community concerns" are two totally different things. You are never reporting bugs "against deaf ears". Just because a bug doesn't get fixed in what you feel is an appropriate amount of time neither means they ignored your, nor does it mean that your report wasn't helpful.

"Community concerns"? Yeah, a lot of the time that's on deaf ears. Why? Tons of reasons. They may have their own plan, they may disagree, they may just not notice. They may have future plans that require a different approach. There's countless reasons why they may not act on or even acknowledge such concerns.

They may be right or wrong in that, and neither they nor you will know at the time - they have data you don't have(actual global metrics, and future plans/goals), and neither they nor you know the future.

Regardless, they're two totally separate things. And bugs are definitely under the umbrella of "If you don't report them, you have no right to complain" while that Beta tag exists.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users