- - - - -

Need Improvement

9 replies to this topic

#1 TimonPumba-PRIME

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

I've been having a good time with my GaussaJager and pew pews recently.
Now I'm planning to build this (troll) for maximum dakka and annoyance to the enemies: JM6-DD

Is there something else I could add to improve this?
Let's assume that I have already elited this (86 KPH wooh!!) and now I would just like to run around annoying enemy assaults, etc. ;)

P.S. Will I overheat with the flamers?

Edited by calcuLUST, 13 August 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#2 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

First of all, you don't need that much ammo for MG. Just about every person always seems to make the assumption that since other ballistics need 2-4 ammo tons per weapon, that must also be the case with MG. Well, it's not. One ammo ton is enough for 2 or even 3 MG's. While you change that you can throw away those useless flamers and replace them with PPC's or LPL's.

Edited by arghmace, 13 August 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#3 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

Try something like these maybe:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0e73c02b60f407f

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...40177fd19ecdff7

#4 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Drop the flamers... Its fun for a match or two but for a long term 'sensible' build there are many much better options.

#5 Kiritumi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationIyanden

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

Woot! Love it! You will die more then not but it is fun some times.

Makes me miss my 6-9 flamer mechs

#6 Szkarlat M

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 76 posts
  • LocationKittery, St Ives Compact

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Haha brings back memories! I used to run mine with 6xMG, about 8000rnds of ammo and 2 LPLs. Might still work well I remember it was pretty fast with an XL and full armored with the low weapon weightload... and never ever overheated!

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostcalcuLUST, on 13 August 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

P.S. Will I overheat with the flamers?

I've done this. Lots of fun. There is a heat penalty system with flamers to make sure you can never be heat neutral with them. Here's how to overcome it. Set 2 flamers in one group. Press backspace (Chain-fire). Hold trigger to your heart's content. Yes, it doesn't look as cool and you're really only doing the damage of one flamer at a time, but you will never, Ever overheat.

Enjoy! (Btw store ammo in the arms, if it's in the legs it'll go boom when someone tries to slow you down. Same if its in the torso.)

I revised to help you live longer. The DHS acts as padding protecting your ammo stores and weapons, took it out of the engine. Used all your tonnage. Right side is sacrificial; if you're going to lose a side make sure it's your right one first.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ba9163d18b725a6
Something very similar. Was a JM6-S actually but that's me.

Older design.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 13 August 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#8 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Drop to 2 tons of MG ammo, pull a little armor off, drop to 14 HS, the flamers, and stick on 2 Large Lasers. You'll get some added range, and much better damage. Heck, you free up enough crits to go FF, and throw another HS back in.

JM6-DD 2LL

Need more MG ammo? You can always go MPL instead. Drop the FF, throw in a Beagle (ECM counter for friendlies), and 3 more tons of MG ammo (Probably overkill)

JM6-DD 2MPC

#9 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

View Postarghmace, on 13 August 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

I'd also suggest one of these builds.
MGs in masses are nice but you'll want at least some weapon to deal real damage against armor.
I'd go with the LPL variant. You can also replace the LPL with LL, ER-LL or PPC.
An XL engine in a brawling Jagermech is always high risk.

Edited by Roadbuster, 14 August 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#10 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostMike W, on 13 August 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Haha brings back memories! I used to run mine with 6xMG, about 8000rnds of ammo and 2 LPLs. Might still work well I remember it was pretty fast with an XL and full armored with the low weapon weightload... and never ever overheated!

Haha, been running this with my jager lately actually. The DD was the first mech I bought when it came out and MG's and LPL was the first load out I tried lol. At that time others packed PPCs, but they reported heat issues. What a blas thought, so many people hated it. At that time though MG's weren't much, but I still put out 300+damage.
But fastforward to last night... Made it all the way up to 560 damage. I shred through a few atlases, went toe to toe with an AC/20 jager and won (we died at the same time because the rest of his team was beating on me). I survived longer than him because I have a STD engine instead of XL.
But yeah, the latest report shows that they're still part of the game and more fun than ever to pilot. Light mechs are a PITA though because you need to constantly keep your aim correct and lead properly. Three tons of ammo, *might try to wiggle one more ton for the longer games that I survive in... I think a STD 300 or STD 315 is in mine.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 14 August 2013 - 07:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users