Simple Social Features Lacking?

No replies to this topic

#1 i shoot robots

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Hi, i'm a relatively new player, so sorry if this has been discussed or what not, but I'm kind of shocked at the lack of social aspects for this game.

The very most basic thing that is missing is playing some notification sound when a buddy messages you. All that happens is a little flash on the social button at the very bottom corner. A lot of times, a buddy will message me and i wont notice and i'll just que up alone because i didn't notice a message. this has happened to me countless times. a new window pop up plus a simple notification sound would do that trick.

more in depth social features that I think would enhance the game and commmunity.

being able to message ppl while in game. Why can't i msg a buddy while they are in game? Lets say I hop on and a buddy is in game. I literally have to wait by the computer till they turn green, msg them and hope they actually catch the message before they hop in que again. it'd be nice if i can just msg them while in game so they can see it clearly as soon as they exit the game and i dont have to be afraid of looking away from the computer screen to miss the moment they turn "green".

public chat - might be an easy way to just chat with other players, or form groups and meet new ppl to play with?

public spectate - this one, i can see there being technical restrictions, but if a buddy is online and in a game, it'd be great if i can spectate the game from my buddy's perspective. at the very least to see how much longer i need to wait before he's out of game.

i know some of this is nitpicky stuff, but i think it'd greatly enhance the 'non gameplay' experience greatly. think if there was a public chat and i'm trying out new loadouts for mech. i can hop in a chat and ask ppl for loadout suggestions, critiques, etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users