- - - - -

Whats The Deal With Gxp

5 replies to this topic

#1 DeezNuttz

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico, Usa

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

GXP seems worthless to me. I don't really know how it works but i have been playing for a while now and i have hardly any. Everything to get is worthless and really expensive too. Should i worry about GXP?

#2 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

You can buy the modules and module upgrades with it. I'm not sure how much you get a match, or what you get it for, exactly, but it seems like it's something like 15-35 GXP per game.

Edit for clarity: you can UNLOCK the modules - you still have to buy them with c-bills once you've unlocked them. For example, you need 10,000 GXP to unlock cap accelerator, then you can spend 6,000,000 c-bills to buy the module.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 13 August 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#3 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

It's like mech XP, except you can use it on any mech, or use it to unlock modules.

Yes, it's slow to save up GXP. It sounds like you shouldn't worry about it until you have a zillion GXP, and then use it to unlock efficiencies faster on one mech or another. If the modules don't sound worthwhile, don't sweat it. Personally, I really like my Target Decay module, and it was worth the GXP and C-Bills to get it.

#4 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yes, it is a long grind, I believe the ratio is 5% of mech xp earned. It is meant to be used for access to modules and is a free to play way to eventually get to where you want to be (grind vs FTP, there is a cost and this is it, something we need to live with unless we are willing to find enough people to buy a solid base of subscriptions, just a new reality of gameplay, not a PGI issue)

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yes, you should. While in the Pilot Lab, there's a Mech Trees and Pilot Trees tab.
Posted Image
This is under Pilot Trees. Sensor upgrades (better detection, longer ranges, faster/longer lockons, etc), hacking software suites (base cap accelerators), and other trinkets can be found here. My favorite is to combine Streaks with 360 Target Retention and the Target Decay longer lock-on.

Fire streaks -- BACKWARDS! MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostKoniving, on 13 August 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

Yes, you should. While in the Pilot Lab, there's a Mech Trees and Pilot Trees tab.
Posted Image
This is under Pilot Trees. Sensor upgrades (better detection, longer ranges, faster/longer lockons, etc), hacking software suites (base cap accelerators), and other trinkets can be found here. My favorite is to combine Streaks with 360 Target Retention and the Target Decay longer lock-on.

Fire streaks -- BACKWARDS! MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

The absolute coolest thing I remember from MW2, Launching a salvo of Streaks at an Omni that jumped over my head an the missiles flew up an over after it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users