No replies to this topic

#1 danneskold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

I was pushing to get the most FPS out of my rig as I could. I run on an older machine, probably below or very borderline for minimum spec - but I get by. I had gone into the advanced settings as most would advise, and turned everything down to low EXCEPT object detail, with the idea to draw the opposing mechs as far out as I could.

I played this way for some time. I then noticed that the mechs didnt look good, and I am jenner pilot - so I tried the buccanneer skin on to see it. I realized detail was bad, so I messed with setting to turn up to make it better. I messed with it an isolated the look to textures, and going from Low to Medium made a huge difference, and had nealry no impact on my FPS.

The mechs look much better (graphic skins, at least), I could even read "ankle biter" on the buc skin on the jenner!

However, I soon found other issues were resolved as well. In particular, night vision had been a big problem, when I would shoot, the whole screen lit up, and I could not see the target. 1 tick on the textures made it livable, the laser "stream" was more resolved, and I could see the target when I shot and even make out objects in night vision - I previously had trouble with target picture - it was much clearer. Heat vision had benefits as well.

As a note, based on my experience, lower end users should be careful with turning textures all the way down to gain FPS, and I would not go all the way to the bottom to low!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users