41 replies to this topic

#21 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

I still take it on any Light mech which has more than one module slot.

#22 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostscJazz, on 10 November 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

This is entirely worthy of some testing... grrrrrr... now I have to add Cap Accelerator to the Shopping List -_-

Perhaps you can FRAPS next time? Or someone/anyone can FRAPS a Conquest run with the module?

My PC can barely play the game. FRAPSing is out of the question for me, sadly.

#23 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostBront, on 10 November 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

My PC can barely play the game. FRAPSing is out of the question for me, sadly.

If only there was a Player who frequented New Players and who had 70+ mechs with the full module collection who was well known for making nice videos with FRAPS...

:sigh:
:) -_-

#24 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostscJazz, on 10 November 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

If only there was a Player who frequented New Players and who had 70+ mechs with the full module collection who was well known for making nice videos with FRAPS...

Wait, people make videos of MWO gameplay?

Nah, can't be true.

:)

#25 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

I've swapped it in for seismic on a bunch of lights. It helps. If nothing else, it gets me "back to the fight" a few seconds sooner on Conquest. A buddy of mine and I are running 2x in Locusts. Cap points come down fast that way. Of course, we're in Locusts, so that's all we contribute. -_-

#26 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostscJazz, on 10 November 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

We should totally ask Koniving if he knows of anyone who fits that bill!!! :)

#27 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

The Capture Accelerator module introduces itself. o.O;

#28 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Any progres Kon?

#29 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostscJazz, on 10 November 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

This is entirely worthy of some testing... grrrrrr... now I have to add Cap Accelerator to the Shopping List :(

Perhaps you can FRAPS next time? Or someone/anyone can FRAPS a Conquest run with the module?

This has cropped up before, I remember some old thread talking about the possibility of Capture Modules stacking across all players on the capture point. It may be worth going through some Necro threads...

#30 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

To the question: I do not believe one cap accel benefits everybody. However in Closed Beta I can confirm multiple Cap Accels did stack. So make sure you AND your buddies carry it. Given PGI's ninja fix penchant, though, it is anybody's guess as to what the state of the game is.

Case in point: The XP awards have been ninja fixed such that a light, at least, has more benefit out of brawling than before. Presumably to compensate for a lack of really unique roles to fulfill. My XP awards on all my mechs have increased, assuming I have not become more skilful. Certainly I score VERY average damage, so that can't be it. For the heavies I noted that even very little LRM damage is rewarded more than in CB, but I could not tell you what specifically is so different.

All in all Cap Accel has a history of being consistently useful, if not as much as Seismic during the Hyper Wall Hack stage, before the double nerf.

Edit Reason: The internal grammar and semantics policeman slipped a few cogs, leading to garbled statements to correct

Edited by Hammerhai, 13 November 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#31 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostHammerhai, on 13 November 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

To the question: I do not believe one cap accel benefits everybody. However in Closed Beta I can confirm multiple Cap Accels did stack. So make sure you AND your buddies carry it. Given PGI's ninja fix penchant, though, it is anybody's guess as to what the state of the game is.
FYI, the stacking and helping everyone is something that appears to have started when they changed cap times, so it is a fairly recent occurance.

At least that's when I noticed the difference.

#32 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

I currently run one in all my lights. However, it takes so long to cap that I'm not sure it's worth wasting a module slot on now. I have no doubt it speeds up the process, but even with it equipped capping is glacially slow. It's much better to just cap as a team. Two people capping is much, much, much faster than one person with a cap accelerator.

#33 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostNRP, on 13 November 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Two people capping is much, much, much faster than one person with a cap accelerator.

Sure. 200% is much more than 115%. :D

#34 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

So it's only a 15% improvement? Wow. Even more worthless than I thought. Better off taking a UAV, Artillery, or Air Strike module then.

#35 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

Given the buff on Air strikes in terms of damage, yes. Also the 15% increase stems from a time when it was viable to cap solo and was absolutely huge then.

I would still rate it as one of the modules that has been the most consistently useful over the lifetime of the game. I also don't think it is going to be reinstated to its former glory as the state of things are now there is an incentive to cap in groups.

Stemming from this the game mechanic makes fights between groups at the cap points more likely, as opposed to a one vs one scenario which happened more under the old rules. More fun, arguably. Certainly if you cap on your own now in Conquest you stand a good chance of being cut down by multiple enemies. On the other hand the race for cap is so tight at start that seconds count, so it is of value nevertheless. From must have I would still rate it down to very good investment or in terms of attractiveness I would award it a "Kardashian derriere" as opposed to a "Miley Cyrus middle".

Edited by Hammerhai, 14 November 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#36 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostNRP, on 13 November 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

It's much better to just cap as a team. Two people capping is much, much, much faster than one person with a cap accelerator.

Guess what.. 2 players both with cap accelerators is even faster :ph34r: .

#37 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

I have cap accelerator equipped on all my lights and fast mediums. I think it's still one of the most necessary modules out there for those guys. In assault if a few mechs are capping, all with cap accelerators, it becomes much more likely that a large enemy force will RTB, which then makes the brawlers' jobs much easier for a time, as long as the friendlies vacate the cap point at the most opportune time. In conquest, it's very hard to maintain a point advantage without a cap accelerator if the enemy has them.

#38 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostCatalina Steiner, on 13 November 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Sure. 200% is much more than 115%. :ph34r:

But the question is, with 1 cap module and 2 people, is it 215% or 230%?

15% doesn't sound like much, but if we assume it takes 1 minute to cap, that's 10 seconds less to do it with a cap accelerator, which is 10 seconds of movement somewhere else. That's worth while if you do a lot of capping. It gives you the edge in a base race, cap war, or conquest in general. Hard to argue with that.

#39 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

Although I don't have any hard facts, I do know that if I am on the cap point with 2 or 3 other mechs and we have cap accelerators, the cap point seems to drop a LOT faster than if I'm the only one with it. So, it really looks like it goes on a per mech basis.

Edited by mailin, 14 November 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#40 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostBront, on 14 November 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

But the question is, with 1 cap module and 2 people, is it 215% or 230%?

15% doesn't sound like much, but if we assume it takes 1 minute to cap, that's 10 seconds less to do it with a cap accelerator, which is 10 seconds of movement somewhere else. That's worth while if you do a lot of capping. It gives you the edge in a base race, cap war, or conquest in general. Hard to argue with that.

It says one capmodule increases cappingspeed by 15%. Whatever the cappingspeed is atm.
So lets think about it:
One capper 100%
Two cappers (1 module) is then 200% plus 15% of total capspeed.
Three cappers (2 modules) is then 300% plus 30% of total capspeed (which is 300%).

In that way 1 capmodule actually does better the more cappers there are. With or without module.
It doesen't only stack but in fact exceeds its 15% on a singlemans capspeed when used in groups. Again with or without it. Makes every single CapAccMod worth the deal and encourages group tactics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users