Srlrm - Lrms Want Some Lovin' Too

4 replies to this topic

#1 ApocalypseNow

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Usually I like to play MWO DOOM-style, sticking a shotgun in someones metallic face and blast away. This is usually done with lead or light, not by throwing arrows at steel cans. However I've come to readdress that position since I find it quite exciting to use a whole bunch of LRMs on a short-range premise. You don't hang back and be the support-nobody that everyone yaps about, you pick can(s) with similar speed that want to brawl and hang just south of them. When they engage in glorious fistfights with whatever's in your path, it's time to sneak up to about 200 and unleash that nasty rain of daggers you are packing. Satisfaction guaranteed.

#2 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Give LRMs a buff and you'll have a fourm full of threads of people whining about how over powerful they are and how they need to be nerfed. they will whine and whine and whine until PGI gives in and nerfs them. This will lead to people whining about how LRM need to be buff and they'll whine until PGi gives in and buff them,again,which will lead to people whining about how they need to be nerfed,again. And this is one of the reason why this game in in the state it is.

Edited by Fabe, 15 August 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#3 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

MRM 40 is your answer.

#4 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

LRMs are in a good place now. They are very effective if used properly and especailly effective given the right teamwork. Any buff to them would make them totally overpowered.

Also to put it bluntly, if your having issues with LRMs, then it is your tactics and playstyle that is the issue. Try moving up to midrange and trying to actually target mechs you can see rather than sit back at 800m firing at enemies that aren't hardlocked and can get behind cover before your missile can travel 800m to hit their targets.

#5 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 15 August 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

LRMs are in a good place now. They are very effective if used properly and especailly effective given the right teamwork. Any buff to them would make them totally overpowered.

Also to put it bluntly, if your having issues with LRMs, then it is your tactics and playstyle that is the issue. Try moving up to midrange and trying to actually target mechs you can see rather than sit back at 800m firing at enemies that aren't hardlocked and can get behind cover before your missile can travel 800m to hit their targets.

seriously, the more I read you, the more I think most of your stuff is just plain wrong.

PGI balanced LRMs around them being boated. Which means that anything not a heavy or assault aren't gonna be able to dish out a lot of damage per games. Their hit detection sucks, their damage is meh, they core CT too effectively. They need to get better hit detection, spread damage all over and have their damage upped by .1 or .2.

Right now they're bad unless you're boating them in a Stalker or Atlas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users