7 replies to this topic

#1 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

Proposal:

A module consumable which allows a Battlemech to reload all ammunition while in the field.

The consumable module requires the Mech to be stopped in a friendly-controlled Base. Activating the module shuts down the Battlemech; 45 seconds for the C-Bill version, 30 seconds for the MC version. When the mech starts up, all ammunition bays are full. (Times may vary with testing)

During shutdown, a specially trained 'Pit Crew' are rapidly reloading ammunition into the Mech. The mech is helpless during this process. Manually powering up the mech before the reload is complete expends the module to no benefit.

Loss of base control during reload does not affect the consumable.

This consumable would allow ammo dependent builds to return to base and rearm, if the pilot feels he has the time.

#2 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

I like this idea.

My main concern is that with the game the way it is currently, 45 or 30 seconds is a LONG time to wait. How soon into a battle do you start running low on ammunition? The five or six minute mark? At that point in the match, would you really have time to march to a controlled point and shut down for 45 seconds?

With some tweaking could be a good module.

#3 canned wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationFort Collins Colorado

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

NO.

If you can't figure out why, I doubt I can explain it to you.

#4 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

So, essentially, if I can't guess what you're thinking then I'm an fool?

Very convincing logical fallacy disguised as an argument you've got there.

I totally agree that times could be seriously tweaked; without playtesting they're just guesses at the moment.

Any constructive comments?

#5 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well this might work in much larger,community warfare games with the lobby/dropship limited respawn mode and longer game time. But I'm not sure it should be a consumable.maybe instead each base has a limited pool of reloads available. A bit of resource management might add a bit of extra strategy to the game.

#6 kayzie

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

Not a bad idea. I like it. However full ammo reload might be a little OP for LRM boats in particular. If a battlemech carries 10 tonnes of ammo, that's literally 20 tonnes of ammo after fully reloaded.
Going by a percentage would feel alot more sensible, i.e. reload 25% of total ammo left (undestroyed ammos).

#7 Darklord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts
  • LocationChicago Battletech Center

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

no

#8 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

the only thing that balances the heavy ammunition weapons is their reliance on ammo. AC20s and gauss rifles would be ridiculously op if you didnt have to spend weight and criticals on ammo ans spent it on weapons or heat sinks instead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users