Mechwarrior Online Launch Party!

603 replies to this topic

#61 Shohiro

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, unfortuantely the Launch event is only in North-America yes but America is a big country and I'm pretty sure not all of the players who live there can attend as us Europeans, but...

I didn't read very often the promise to plan events in the future in Europe too and this is exactly what I'm looking for and which is exactly where PGI the bar set very high and will risk a great loss of face if they will fail to do events like that in the future.

So let's hope the best and let's look very forward to launch with many pictures and maybe a great InGame event and some surprises. :lol:

#62 Your Friend Mr Rogers

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

I will be in the Navy at this time so I will not be able to make it. Also, there is a missile coming out of the firebrand's ac2 on the registration form picture. I thought it was the funniest thing ever.

#63 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostWales Grey, on 16 August 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hey, a Canadian development studio is having a launch party? Cool! I could probably drive up to Vancou-

seriously

why

Probably cause there's a huge marketing and tech economy here. Seriously, why should it go wherever you think is better. There are good economic reasons to do stuff like that and Other game dev events/etc here. There are lots of conferences, aand it's a good place to visit.

Just because you've never been here, or think it's bad because of all the cliché crap that people on yahoo forums talk about it doesn't mean it's not a better plae than most others.

Don't like it, too bad for you.

#64 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostYour Friend Mr Rogers, on 16 August 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

I will be in the Navy at this time so I will not be able to make it. Also, there is a missile coming out of the firebrand's ac2 on the registration form picture. I thought it was the funniest thing ever.

It's the autocannon round image/sprite whatever thingy... not a missile... it was explained a while back by someone in the Dev dept... rapidly take screenshots next time you fire an AC2 round... I didn't believe it at first either lol

#65 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

I'll throw my name into the hat

#66 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

I'm about an hour and 20 minutes from SF...so I applied for the event. I can take a day (or two) off for this if I'm chosen. Should be fun!

#67 voe

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

I think this thread proves our community will b**ch about literally anything. It started almost immediately and is throughout the entire thread. The PGI crew is awfully patient. I guess money helps with that :lol:

Edited by voe, 16 August 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#68 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Put my name in. Hopefully I can get to see some old faces and give the tourney another shot

#69 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Sorry, but your last two patches have introduced bugs that have never effected me in this game. The game locks up every other game and framerates have been reduced significantly, even on high-end PCs. I really hope you fix this before launch, would be silly to have people crashing and locking at your launch event.

#70 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Will there be some sort of a live stream? I know it is a lot to handle, but if it is somehow possible, it would be great.

#71 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

what time does it start? Out of all the days a Thursday, hopefully like my last lab class i can skip one day or take it on another day.

Still signed up, willing to miss a class for this hehe.

Oh and can we get the exact address where this will be getting held.

Edited by SovietArmada, 16 August 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#72 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

like a good handful of people not affected by Sequestration I have work on Monday

even then, Why the hell have you guys not considered Saturday or Sunday as the thing?

#73 Prc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires - Argentina

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

GL to all teams attending, there's nothing more fun than a good LAN event and have a laugh, would love to go and support the game thought, but it's impossible can't afford.

#74 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostPrc, on 16 August 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

GL to all teams attending, there's nothing more fun than a good LAN event and have a laugh, would love to go and support the game thought, but it's impossible can't afford.

same, if they made it a hybrid event where people all over could attend it would be freaking great, even if the physical attendees get physical prizes.

but alas, that's what happens when they do these kind of things

#75 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostWales Grey, on 16 August 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hey, a Canadian development studio is having a launch party? Cool! I could probably drive up to Vancou-

seriously

why

Yea.. It would cost be about $650 to drive down to Vancouver, find a place to stay, feed myself, get to the event, and then drive back home again.

It would cost me about $1300 (or more) to renew my passport, get travel insurance, fly to San Fransisco, find a place to stay, feed myself, get to the event, and then fly back home again. :lol:

I would consider driving to an event hosted in the lower mainland. but for the amount of headache and cost it would be to go to San Fransico... $1300 just not worth it. I mean, even 650 is pretty sticking expensive.

The whole company being in Vancouver got my hopes up that there might be a big event hosted down there for me to go to... and I was even thinking about a Launch party too a couple days ago and if I would go.

Why in the world San Fransisco? :lol:

Oh well. It'll be a pizza and pop night with friends on skype kind of night for me on the 26th...

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 17 August 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#76 SleepnGiant

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCeres, CA USA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

Damn so close to me but I have school that day! Ah. Would like to get out there and match faces to names. Plus a chance to get to play on hopefully a more worthy machine than mine with likely a much better ping than mine. ah that would be the day. Id show you all what i could do.

#77 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

So I'm going to be in San Francisco, on vacation, looking for crap to do during the daytime...a week BEFORE this event. Argh!

#78 IanDresarie

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

Want to be there! But well...as a European i have to wait ;(

For those lucky, who can go there. Have fun for the rest of us ^^

#79 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

*Crosses fingers*

Here is hoping I get chosen!

#80 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Maybe PGI should Post this into a US-Subforum. Telling the Entry World that there is a Party and only some small geographical Areas are invited, dont looks verry Diplomatic in Terms of Puplic Relations. Imho

But anyway, have Fun with your Party.

Edited by Revorn, 17 August 2013 - 02:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users