So... why are you really in the FRR?!

260 replies to this topic

Poll: Why are you really in the FRR? (776 member(s) have cast votes)

Why join the FRR?

1. I'm a clanner by preference and am joining the FRR for clan related reasons. (101 votes [13.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.02%

2. Voted Space Vikings/I'm actually a fan of the FRR and want to be in the FRR for no other reason than being part of the FRR. (508 votes [65.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.46%

3. Voted I want to join the FRR in the hopes that the clan invasion can be hindered/halted if played out in-game. (126 votes [16.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.24%

4. I want to join the FRR in the hopes of getting first access to clan tech in some form. (41 votes [5.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gigadouche

Clone

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

The Free Rasalhague Republic

OK, so we got a lot of interest in this relatively obscure part of the IS. For whatever reason this area is what the clans hit first and that fact has drawn a lot of attention to it.

I'm actually not so interested in the FRR lore-wise. I openly admit that I'm joining it soley to attempt to stop/slow down/in some other way alter the timeline of the clan invasion. There's no telling if this is actually going to be made possible in the game mechanics. Honestly there's probably no plans for something like this to be in motion, let alone making the invasion happen first solely for FRR players, if it ever did happen it would probably always be a joint effort or something (players of the other factions would scream unless the invasion took only a few days or something). It would just be too cool for all that to happen.

So... I've seen a lot of self-proclaimed clanners in here (including their face-palmingly uber-nerd RP posts), as well as people like myself... and even a few legit Rasalhague fans. But I haven't seen the numbers.. it would be VERY interesting to see the proportions. Let's get a decent sample going... Oh and suggest new options if you think there is one that doesn't fit into the other three.

Edited by Gigadouche, 20 June 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#2 Evedro Solais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 179 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

How about none of the above. I want to have first dibs on salvaged Clan tech in the IS :)

#3 Gigadouche

Clone

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostEvedro Solais, on 12 June 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

How about none of the above. I want to have first dibs on salvaged Clan tech in the IS :)

Edited the poll to hopefully reflect your view and any others that are similar. Thanks

#4 Zyzyx66

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

What's not to love about space vikings?

#5 Alekzandr Sukhanov

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostZyzyx66, on 12 June 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

What's not to love about space vikings?

This.

#6 Krubarax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 329 posts
  • LocationGBG, Sweden

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

I am from sweden.
I am a Ghost Bear.

MWO will follow BT history. There will be no altering of historical events.
RP is what makes this universe come alive.

I thought this was a serious thread. Insted I am sad to see thar you are just a troll, seeking to provoke.

#7 Blackfire1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Mead, Beards, Killing both Steiner, Combine, AND the clans. Hard *** women who can drink most people under the table.

#8 Gigadouche

Clone

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostGB Krubarax, on 12 June 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

I am from sweden.
I am a Ghost Bear.

I thought this was a serious thread. Insted I am sad to see thar you are just a troll, seeking to provoke.

Looks like I offended an RPer? Was it the Nerd Werd? Sorry man. It doesn't take long for RP to get really wacky and goofy. Mainly because being a good writer or storyteller is a pretty rare talent. I don't have anything against it though, just the space-elves... who tend to attract the most stereotypical of RPers. But this isn't really about RP so maybe I should just rephrase my reply to your post with this one:

LOL

#9 Krubarax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 329 posts
  • LocationGBG, Sweden

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

If you dislike story and immersion so much, as well as the clans, then clearly BATTLETECH and MECHWARRIOR is not for you. Go back to unreal tournament and Quake 3 arena.

You said it yourself, you do not even know why the clans hit FRR first, and you just joined to grief people who happens to like the clans.

#10 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

I tend to play games for hours on end, and I spent a lot of time on MW2. If I'm going to be playing, I want to hang in a crowd that I can relate to. Space Vikings for me!

I don't think we're going to get any sort of clan tech from salvage, and I'm pretty sure that the overarching sweep of history is going to have us squished, even if the FRR goes undefeated in every match against the clans. Still, I'm going to fight as hard as I can.

#11 Gigadouche

Clone

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostGB Krubarax, on 12 June 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

If you dislike story and immersion so much, as well as the clans, then clearly BATTLETECH and MECHWARRIOR is not for you. Go back to unreal tournament and Quake 3 arena.

You said it yourself, you do not even know why the clans hit FRR first, and you just joined to grief people who happens to like the clans.

Actually I really do enjoy the story and "immersion." When did I say otherwise? Sorry but RP =/= immersion. Sure, for some people it can lead to being immersed into something, but it just does not flat out = immersion. So calm down a bit and if you reply again do it more rationally, thanks.

I even read quite a few of the Battletech books when I was a kid and played the TT a little, but I mostly like the video games MW2-3-4. But looking back now a lot of those books are kinda goofy, especially Stackpole's cliche'd writing that's just too easy to make fun of... And "roleplayers" that think they're god's gift to writing tend to only make it funnier!

Anyway, guess the thread is derailed a bit but it's just that much more interesting to read now.

#12 Plutonium 239

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Why Rasalhague?

Well, I noticed that "obsessive curiosity" was not part of the Poll.

I do know that Rasalhague gets hammered, for good or for ill, and I personally think, RP wise, that the best way to measure character is to see what happens when confronted with an unbeatable dilemma.

I have tried to get all of my friends to try to battle for FRR. Not just because I want to rally around what I consider the "free-est" Successor State. I find that there is unending liturgy and fan hype about the Samurai Traditions of the Combine, and great praise for the personalities and the perceived societal paragons of House Davion.

Well, I feel that the little FRR has been overlooked in this, and I feel that it deserves its day in the sun. I'll admit I don't know nearly as much as many people here seem to, but I think that every faction deserves at least some glory. ESPECIALLY underdogs.

I don't know if the Clan Invasion can be overturned, but if it is possible, I'm willing to fight as hard as required to do it.

Long live the FRR.

#13 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

Lots of different reasons. It's where the action is.

Edited by Belorion, 13 June 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#14 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostBlackfire1, on 12 June 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Mead, Beards, Killing both Steiner, Combine, AND the clans. Hard *** women who can drink most people under the table.

This. It's actually no option in your poll.

#15 Ori Klein

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

Seeing our forces fight amongst themselves is so disheartening...
We should all be united in force, against our common foes, for the Free Rasalhague Republic and for the future Ghost Bear Dominion.

View PostGB Krubarax, on 12 June 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

I am from sweden.
I am a Ghost Bear.

Uh, mate, calling him a troll for no reason (you THOUGHT this was a serious thread...well, you were wrong...why take it out on someone else?) IS provoking.
Look at this crap, you've now gone and started bickering between the two of you. That's just silly.
This is most un-Ghost Bear-like behaviour as well. It is not of Ghost Bear to be ill-tempered and easily agitated over presumptions of self. Practice calmness, brother.

Gigadouche, even though you declare yourself, by name, to be an immense jerk, do you really have to pursue it over these forums?
So this guy has came out at you for no reason, true; but really, lets not take it too far, we don't need to, right?
There's nothing good that will come from giving it back to him in kind.
Instead, maybe just leave him some aspirin and he'll probably feel better in the morning.

Now you two shake hands and brace for some Smoke Jaguar demolition derby, OK!

Edited by Ori Klein, 13 June 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#16 Gigadouche

Clone

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

View PostOri Klein, on 13 June 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

Seeing our forces fight amongst themselves is so disheartening...
We should all be united in force, against our common foes, for the Free Rasalhague Republic and for the future Ghost Bear Dominion.

Uh, mate, calling him a troll for no reason (you THOUGHT this was a serious thread...well, you were wrong...why take it out on someone else?) IS provoking.
Look at this crap, you've now gone and started bickering between the two of you. That's just silly.
This is most un-Ghost Bear-like behaviour as well. It is not of Ghost Bear to be ill-tempered and easily agitated over presumptions of self. Practice calmness, brother.

Gigadouche, even though you declare yourself, by name, to be an immense jerk, do you really have to pursue it over these forums?
So this guy has came out at you for no reason, true; but really, lets not take it too far, we don't need to, right?
There's nothing good that will come from giving it back to him in kind.
Instead, maybe just leave him some aspirin and he'll probably feel better in the morning.

Now you two shake hands and brace for some Smoke Jaguar demolition derby, OK!

Thanks for jumping into our psuedo e-battle but I think it was doing alright without needing any intervention. He didn't make a response himself so I think he got sober or something and moved along.

For the other people (like Shredhead) - your reasons actually do fit into the poll... they're general reasons, can't fit every little niche in there, just trying to get a general trend on a poll. You would fit into the second option.. seems obvious enough to me.

#17 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

FRR Fan want it to be FRR forever no outsider clanners!

#18 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

I am FRR all the way for FRR itself.

Regarding fighting amongst "ourselves" i am sorry but there is no ourselves here.. there is true FRR people and then there is the clan people who will betray us and attack us as seen in this post:

View PostCoffiNail, on 13 June 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

Aff, you are so independent and full of resistance that the Combine 'let' you have your buffer state. We do not tremble to the unenlightened forces of your 'Free' Rasalhague Republic. You do not intimidate us, we will sweep through your ramshackle forces like Ghost Bear fury, you will see nothing but a blur and it will be over. You will be Isorla of Clan Ghost Bear, your civilian population will become part of The Clans and life on many of your low tech level populations will have food and water they deserve, your best warriors will be made bondsman and you will all join our great family.

Sorry but we will never be a great family, we will fight you every step and never give up.

Edited by Carl Wrede, 13 June 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#19 firequill

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

That's why.

#20 Ori Klein

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 13 June 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

there is true FRR people and then there is the clan people who will betray us and attack us....Sorry but we will never be a great family, we will fight you every step and never give up.

Your fear and hate mongering will lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy, mate. I wish you'd cease forcing the sight of spectres and focus on reality.

Yes, some players are undoubtedly RPing some lousy form of troll.
However, some of us are genuinely here out of camaraderie and the future.
As per current layout of things, the Clans will not be supported by game mechanics. At least not in a form that is respectable.
So we're here to fight for the Free Rasalhague Republic, is it so hard for you to accept this?

View PostCarl Wrede, on 07 June 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Even if they went strictly with canon history the merge would be over 50 real life years away so i dont think we need to put too much thought into it yet :lol:

By your own words, there's no reason for conflict between us.
We're genuinely here to fight by your side. Why do you resist and reject us so?

Edited by Ori Klein, 13 June 2012 - 09:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users